‹ Prequel: Turning Tables
Status: This will be short, only about 7 or 8 chapters.

Go Your Own Way

.02

“Okay,” I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. “I really like him, Kelly. I’m afraid when he gets to know me, he’ll run away screaming.”

“I doubt I’ll run away screaming,” my eyes popped up when I heard Travis’ loud and deep voice, Kelly jumped and turned around and gave him a swat.

“Damn it, Trav, you scared the hell out of me. I’m trying to calm her, I wasn’t ready for that, now I have to be calmed,” Kelly closed her eyes and started her relaxation technique.

“Hi,” I smiled and let Travis kiss me near the mouth but still on the cheek. “Oh, you brought food.”

“Yes, I brought plenty of it,” he winked and moved to set the stuff down in my kitchen area. “I was thinking of making homemade spaghetti tonight, the sauce is a family recipe.”

“I had no clue your last name is Ragu,” I sarcastically called out, Kelly snickered and Travis stuck his head out from behind the wall and raised an eyebrow.

“You’re so comical,” he gave me a grin and went back in the kitchen. “Anyway, spaghetti, garlic bread, salad and some ziti for an appetizer.”

“Can I stay and eat?” Kelly whispered softly.

“I don’t think he’d like that to much-“I stopped mid-sentence when I felt a flow of liquid trailing down my leg and hitting the floor. “Oh hell, my water broke.”

“Water? Baby?” Kelly’s eyes widened and slowly it started to hit her. “Baby, oh baby, Travis, baby!”

“Baby?” he came running out of the kitchen like a bolt of lightning. “Oh, okay what is the plan? Which hospital, where is your bag for the hospital, who’s driving?”

“Closest hospital, in her closet beside her shoe rack and I will,” Kelly called out, we had covered our plan down to the very last detail. She grabbed my hand and helped me walk to the door. “Breathe and relax, we’re going to get you there real quick. Give me your phone so I can call Cole.”

“She’s speed dial number two,” I whispered through my breathing.

“Travis come on,” Kelly yelled out as she multitasked getting me into the car while talking to Cole, in the middle of making sure I was taking breaths and not holding them.

“I’m coming!” Travis shouted and ran at us with his hands full, Remy was in one arm like a football and the other hand had my bag of clothes.

“What’s with the dog?” Kelly asked, wide eyed as she ran around the front of the car to the driver’s seat.

“I figured we couldn’t leave him, you know what, that was dumb,” he turned around and ran back inside and seconds later come out with just the bag. “Okay, I’m in, drive.”

“Travis I love you to death but you’re horrible in bad situations,” Kelly was half yelling and half laughing at the frantic Travis Rose.

“That can’t be a good thing for a doctor,” I said through deep breaths, Travis chuckled and shook his head softly.

“We’re here, we’re here,” ten minutes later and Kelly was chanting the mantra like it helped anything; I opened my eyes and loosened my grip on Travis’ hand, which I had grabbed when the contractions hit.

“Thank God we’re here!” Travis jumped out of the backseat while Kelly was still rolling and ran around the back to open my door.

“Cole should be here soon, okay Bliss, don’t worry. You’ll have someone in there with you at all times,” Kelly assured me as she climbed out of the front seat. I watched as she ran inside the emergency doors, screaming to the top of her lungs that she needed a wheelchair and a doctor. Travis supported half my weight until Kelly got someone’s attention and they brought me a wheelchair.

“How far along are you, Miss?” the nurse asked as she rushed me inside with Travis to my left and Kelly to my right.

“She’s exactly nine months today,” Travis answered for me since I was having a heavy contraction.

“Oh, you remembered,” Kelly swooned for me and then bless her little blond heart; she slapped me in the arm and whispered. “Keeper!”

“Kelly,” I growled and gave her a deep glare. “Do not hit me, I’m in enough pain.”

“Oh, Cole-“Kelly’s face went from blissful to completely confused in seconds. “Who the hell are the rest of them?”

“Rest of who-“ I followed her gaze and my breath caught in my throat and I don’t know what’s worse, having contractions or having them while having a panic attack.

“He was at my house when I got the call, they all were,” Cole ran up to me and frantically started petting my head. “It’ll be okay, he’s only here to make sure you’re okay….who are you?”

“I’m Bliss’-“Travis looked at Kelly and shrugged. “Boyfriend?”

“Nine dates should equal about there,” Kelly agreed with a slight nod. “This is Bliss’ sister and her family?”

“My boyfriend Matt, our friends Zacky, Johnny, Jimmy, our cousin Keran, Bliss’ kids Jacoby and Danielle and her husband, I mean ex-husband Brian,” Cole awkwardly introduced everyone. Kelly made an ‘oh’ noise and Travis’ raised his eyebrows. “Let’s get this baby out of you, okay Bliss.”

“Good luck mama,” Danielle and Jacoby ran up, Jacoby was silent but Danielle was grinning ear to ear, she was excited to be getting a younger sibling again.

“I love you,” Jacoby planted a kiss on my cheek and moved out of the way so I could be rushed back to the delivery room.

“I love you!” I yelled back at my children as Kelly and Cole followed the nurse through the doors. “Oh God, that’s going to be so awkward.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the banner, Bree!

Image