‹ Prequel: Turning Tables
Status: This will be short, only about 7 or 8 chapters.

Go Your Own Way

.03

“You’ll be to doped up to care,” Cole patted my shoulder and gave me a wide smile. “He’s pretty fucking hot, Bliss.”

“That’s what I told you!” Kelly yelled out. “He’s my boss; I’ve been trying to set her up with him since she moved in next door to me.”

“Why haven’t you gone out with him?” Cole looked at her skeptically, Cole didn’t know if she could trust Kelly yet but I knew I could.

“He’s not my type,” Kelly shook her head.

“What do you mean? That man is every woman’s type,” Cole announced as I watched them carry on a conversation while I was in pain, I glanced at the nurse and she gave me a look of amusement.

“He’s just not my type,” Kelly told her softly.

“I just don’t understand, if he’s your boss and you see that every day, I’d jump him in a heartbeat-“

“Cole, Kelly is a lesbian,” I semi-shouted at my idiot sister, I glanced over at Kelly and sighed. “Sorry, she can be so stupid sometimes.”

“It’s cool,” Kelly waved it off and looked at Cole, waiting for judgment.

“Don’t hit on me and we’ll be good friends,” Cole told her firmly and Kelly chuckled, glancing down at me.

“No problem, you’re not my type either,” she shrugged her shoulders.

“Can we focus on getting this child out of me before I literally combust into fire from all this pain?” I asked loudly as the nurse brought me into a room with a few doctors in it.

It took twelve hours to get my third child, my little girl out of me, I fell asleep shortly after seeing her little seven pound body and had to wait another two hours to give them a name on the birth certificate. “What’s her name?” Travis asked me, sitting in the seat closest to my bed.

“Harper Elizabeth,” I smiled at Zacky who was taking his five minutes of holding her by playing with her fingers.

“Its pretty mommy,” Danielle was lying beside me in bed, watching every move Harper made. “Why does she look different though, I’ve seen Jacoby’s baby pictures and he didn’t look like that, neither did I?”

“Must be the light in the picture,” I lied to my daughter, I didn’t want to let her know that her younger sister was actually a product of cheating on her father with a half black male that I met in a club on drunken night. I didn’t want to admit that to anyone.

“She’s gorgeous,” Zacky muttered and I watched as he handed off my daughter to the one person that turned my stomach, and it wasn’t because I was disgusted, every time I was near him, the guilt made me nauseous.

“She really is gorgeous,” Brian muttered and gave me a quick smile. “If you do need any help with her, Blister, let me know.”

“Thanks but I’ll be just fine,” I gave him an appreciative smile and glanced over at Kelly. “Kel has volunteered to help me.”

“I love children, I helped raise all my little brothers and my nieces so I’m a natural baby whisperer,” Kelly smiled with her bright blue eyes just a shining.

“She really is,” I chuckled and held my hands out towards Brian. “Can I hold her some more before I fall back asleep?”

“Yes,” he smiled, looking exactly like he did when we had Jacoby when he gently handed my daughter back to me.

“Thanks,” I said softly as I stared down into my newborn baby’s eyes. They were brown but they shined when she looked at me, unfocused. “She really is beautiful, isn’t she?”

“I’m sorry guys but visitation is over, only one person can stay the night if you like,” the nurse stuck her head in the door and smiled sympathetically at everyone that crowded in the room.

“Who do you want to stay?” Cole asked, turning around to ask me.

“I want Travis too,” I said softly, looking over at Travis who grinned and gripped my leg to give it a squeeze. “If he wants.”

“I would love too,” he bent down and kissed my forehead. I didn’t even have to look up to know that Brian was the one that slammed the door on his way out, I sighed softly and glanced over at my other children.

“I wish you guys could stay with me tonight but I really don’t want you sleeping in a hospital unless it’s completely necessary, okay?” I said softly as Cole stood behind them, ready to push them out behind their angry father.

“It’s okay, I know Mr. Travis will look after you and Harper,” Jacoby said with his slight lisp, thanks to the tooth that had fallen out.

“Yeah, we’ll be back tomorrow. Uncle Matt said he’d take us,” Danielle smiled and helped Jacoby jump up in the bed to give me a kiss goodbye and then she jumped up herself and before she left, she whispered in my ear. “I wish it was daddy staying but I know Travis will make you happy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always welcome on a story like this.

Image