You Belong With Me

The Goodbyes and More Suprises

Rain’s POV:
*One week later*
“Rain I’m going to miss you so much.” Arianna cried as she threw her arms around me.
“I’m going to miss you too Ari!” I whispered back.
“Flight twenty-nine to London, England is now boarding.” A voice said over an intercom.
“Rain sweetie, that’s us.” My dad muttered.
I sighed as I looked at Arianna, Sadie, and Hannah. I felt my lip quiver and before I knew it we were all in a group hug.
“I hope the year goes by fast so that I can come home.” I sobbed.
“Same here.” Sadie replied.
“Rain we need to go!” My dad cried.
I pulled from the girls and whipped my tears away. Thank God I was wearing waterproof make up today. I waved goodbye, slowly grabbed my suitcases and boarded the plane. When we got on I curled up and closed my eyes hoping that my dad’s boss would just suddenly call him and say the movie was cancelled or something.
“I know this is hard for you Rain but I promise you once you settle down, you’ll love it. You will make new friends that could be even better than the ones you have here. The school will be better and I’ll be able to provide you with more things. I promise.” My dad whispered as he stroked my hair.
I nodded and stared at the window silently during the entire flight. Then when we got off to get on our connecting flight I continued to be silent. I couldn’t help it. I just didn’t know what to say or do. It was done. I was officially moving to England. When we finally arrived in England I was exhausted and my dad’s little surprise didn’t help my mood.
“Richard!” A lady with brown hair and blue eyes cried out in a British accent.
“Amy!” he replied before hugging her.
My jaw dropped and I spat, “Who are you?”
My dad pulled away from her and glared at me.
“Rain that was very rude.” He scolded.
“Oh it is alright Richard I really should’ve introduced myself. Hi Rain my name is Amy Slouse. I am a very good friend of your Aunt Lucinda’s. I am also good friends with your father since he was very close to his cousin Lucinda. When your father told me you were moving to England I was thrilled. So I offered to help you two move in!” Ms. Slouse explained.
“Oh.” I grumbled.
I never liked it when my dad was around other women. Especially if they seemed to have potential. Potential to have a relationship that is.
“Well, follow me and I’ll take you my car and drive you two to your new home! Most of your things have arrived. Some of the not high priority necessities haven’t but it should be here in a few days. I made sure that both of your bedrooms, the living room, and the kitchen had its main furniture set up because I didn’t want you two to worry about that considering you must be exhausted from the long flight.” She continued as we walked out of the airport.
When we got to the car I slid into the car and became completely confused.
“Dad…why is the steering wheel on the right side?” I asked as he slid into the passenger seat that was for some odd reason on the left.
“Oh in England and in most countries in the world, the driver sits on the right side of the car.” He laughed.
“That’s weird.” I snorted.
He shot me a glance and I immediately shut up. For the whole entire car ride I was quiet while they caught up. Amy was really pretty. I didn’t like it. After driving for an hour and a half we finally arrived at a nice apartment building.
“Oh Amy it is marvelous. Thank you so much for helping me find it.” My dad said.
“No problem Richard, selling and renting out homes is my job.” She laughed.
“Wait you’re a realtor?” I asked.
“One of the best in the area.” My dad chirped.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed my suitcase as I left the car and went inside the building with them. When we entered our apartment I went into shock. It was wonderful. I ran down the hall until I saw zebra striped covers in a room. I ran into the room to see that it was my room. Almost everything was in there. The bed, my desk, and my dresser were set up. My bed was even made. When I went to it I saw a little card that said, ‘Welcome to England, Rain! Hope you like the gift. –Amy’ I looked behind the card to see a small gift bag and became filled with excitement. I pulled out the tissue paper hastily to find…a teddy bear. Not a bracelet. Not a necklace. A teddy bear. To make it even worse, the stupid teddy bear wore a pointed hat and held a wand. It was Harry Potter teddy bear. I threw it at the bottom of my closet and immediately started unpacking.
“Already moving in? You must be excited.” A voice said.
I turned around and saw Ms. Amy Slouse standing in my doorway.
“Oh yeah. I’m thrilled.” I lied.
“Well sadly you won’t be able to unpack for much longer because we still need to go out and eat now with Amy and we also need to get to bed early tonight.” My dad said as he entered my room.
“Why do we need to get to bed early?” I asked.
“I start work tomorrow and you’re coming with me.” He answered.
My jaw dropped.
“What?” I cried.
“You’re not excited? You get to go to the set of Harry Potter!” he exclaimed.
“No! Harry Potter is stupid. I’m mad because I can’t believe that we don’t even get time to tour around the area! They probably didn’t give us time to tour because it’s a dump.” I spat.
“Rain! We’re going to dinner in ten minutes.” He said as he glared at me giving me the final warning look.
He got up and left the room and Ms. Slouse like a puppy, followed him. I rolled my eyes and continued to unpack all my necessities: my makeup, other beauty products, clothing, and shoes. I shook my head and closed my eyes when I thought of Amy.
This was going to be a long 365 days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting better, I hope? Like i said im trying to set the stage! I think she'll be a young adult by chapter 5 or 6 actually? Eh we'll see. Please comment and subscribe!!!!:D