Sequel: Back to Black

Falling Inside the Black

Chapter 6

The cold bitter wind mixed with rain stung at my exposed face. Screams and cheers of joy were heard through the air as I watched intently the students flying around on their broomsticks. I felt a small twinge of bitter sweetness coat my insides as I longed to be one of the students to play Quidditch again fond memories playing over my mind of my days as a chaser. I kept a special eye on Harry as he zoomed past the others in search of the golden snitch.

Dumbledore stood beside me with Minerva on the other side who was desperately attempting to keep her hold on her black umbrella as the wind thrashed it around in her hand before finally obtaining it and carrying it away into the dark grey mist.

The ancient chant erupted from the stands “Go go Gryffindor go go Gryffindor..” as they cheered their fellow classmates adorned in scarlet and gold as the zoomed through the pounding rain. A strong surge of lightening struck lighting the end of a poor Gryffendor girl’s broom as she descended in a spiral to the ground with a scream. Harry dodged his teammate and quickly looked for the snitch to end the game. He zoomed past the stand we were occupying and I jumped up to lean over the side to see where he was going but had the no such luck as he disappeared into a grey cloud.

I pulled my drenched trench coat closer to me from inside my soaked cloak as I stared up at the dreary sky in anticipation. Minutes passed and I had still not seen Harry which was very unnerving to me. My body began to shake from the cold as I continued to stare up at the sky.

“Wh-Where is h-he D-Dumbledore?” I asked teeth chattering.

He didn’t respond. Suddenly a dark figure fell through the clouds back flipping in the air. I was relieved to see the canary yellow of his robes as Dumbledore mumbled a charm as he fell. My eyes immediately went back up to the sky searching for Harry. My cloak billowed around me booted ankles sending a shiver up my spine. Suddenly it grew even colder if possible and small little snow flurries danced around. The harsh rain grew even bitterer as it grew colder feeling as if it was ripping open your flesh.

Then I saw the reason why. Dozens of dark cloaked figures loomed at the edges of the grey clouds just close enough to be seen their shredder cloaks flapping in the wind. Guards of Azkaban. Dementors. I placed my hand on Dumbledore’s forearm and pointed his eyes followed by finger and I saw anger bubble under his normally cool composure.

A glint of scarlet fell past the corner of my eye and I glanced in that direction to see Harry’s body falling through the air at a high speed. Quickly jumping into action I grasped my wand out of my boot and pointed it to Harry.

An explosion -- more powerful than thunder -- rocked the air. A flash -- more fierce than lightning -- shocked the sky.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After the quidditch match I retreated back to Remus’ room where my belongings had been moved. I glanced into the bedroom to see him still as I had left him cooped up in the bed. His face pale and a look of discomfort on his face as his body moved along the mattress the sheets twisting around him and beads of sweat rolling down the scars that lined his face. The full moon was taking its toll on him. I quietly stripped out of my soaked clothes and took a hot shower after changing into a night gown I slid under the covers. I gently rubbed my hand up and down his arm sensing my presence he pulled me closer. In his state of sleep he began mumbling words moving his head to rest on my chest. I sighed pitying my friend as I ran my fingers through his hair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day Remus was better and we decided to venture down to the Great hall for a spot of breakfast. I took the newly added seat next to Remus’. He ate small bites still not feeling 100%.

“Want to go for a walk around the lake” he asked me “for old time sake?”

A small smile grew along my lips as I nodded. We stopped by his room to grab the appropriate clothing such as our jackets and my hat before starting off. As we trudged through the grass toward the lake we were stopped.

“Professor! Professor Lupin!”

We turned to see Harry running after us. His owl clinging to Harry’s shoulder tightly. Remus’ sighed before turning completely to the boy.

“Yes Harry”

“Could I talk to you?”

“Well you see Harry Ella and I were going for a walk around the black lake and..”

“And we would be delighted if you joined us.” I exclaimed as Remus’ shot me a look.

“Err I wouldn’t want to intrude.” Harry said stepping back.

“Nonsense!” I said continuing to the lake I stopped and turned back to the boys who hadn’t left their spot. Harry’s form was full of uncertainty and nervousness as he glanced from me to Remus. Remus’ composure was full of agitation and self-pity.

“Are you two coming or not?”

Soon after we were climbing over fallen trees on the edge of the forest next to the lake. Remus was still being a sour puss so I took my spot next to him and looped my arm through his.

“Stop having such a pity party” I hissed “your acting like a child.” His face calmed slowly as he glanced down at me.

“Better?” he asked his voice calm and soft.

“Much” I smiled resting my head on his shoulder. “Make conversation with him” I urged watching Harry wonder ahead of us.

“I’m sorry about your broomstick Harry” Remus began “Is there no chance of fixing it?”

Harry looked back from his stance on a rock and shook his head solemnly as he stroked his owl, Hedwig’s, feathers.

“Why do they affect me so, Professor? I mean, more than everyone else?” Harry asked. I took this as my cue to give them some privacy and unlocked my arm from Remus’. I gave them a few feet to themselves as I stared out at the lake as one of my favorite memories raced toward me.

~******~
My breathing was heavy as I ran through the forest dodging tree left and right. My feet skillfully slipping off rocks as I raced to the rocky edge of the lake. I heard a twig snap behind me and hurried footsteps. He was coming. I sped up as much as I could the lake coming into view. His footsteps began to echo behind me. He was getting closer. Just as I had reached the rocked edge I was tackled to the ground a long groan escaping my lips as I felt the hard rocks stick into my back.

“Would it kill you to be gentle next time?” I grumbled looking up into his mischievous grey eyes. He chuckled running a hand through his shoulder length ebony hair.

“Sorry love” he whispered against my lips before pressing his to mine in a soft kiss. I couldn’t contain the smile as I felt his hand,that had been placed on the back of my head during the tackle, play with my hair softly.

“You are something else entirely Mr. Black” I smiled brightly up at him.

He smiled rubbing a one hand up and down my exposed leg from where my uniform skirt had risen. He still hovered over me playing with a strand of my hair. We just laid on the rocks watching the inky water his hand casually running through my hair and his fingers casually rubbing circles into the flesh of my leg occasionally kissing along my neck.

“I’m going to marry you one day Ella Scott” he said looking down at me. “I’ll do my best to be the perfect husband for the perfect and most beautiful wife and eventually I’ll try and be the best father I can be to our children.” He smiled kissing my clothed stomach softly causing me to giggle softly before he brought his face up to my ear.

“I would do anything, be anything you wanted me to be just so I could see that smile” he whispered in my ear sending shiver after shiver down my spine as he softly kissed my cheek to my lips. I caressed his cheek as his lips moved with mine softly. He kissed me so passionately I couldn’t help the moan
that filled my mouth and fell into his. We pulled back soon after for air.

“I will happily marry you Sirius Black…..”
~********~
Tears pricked my eyes at the memory as I stared out at the dark abyss of the water. I wrapped my arms around me in some hope of comfort but it did me no good. I needed his arms around me. I needed him to whisper that it would all be alright and gently play with my hair to coax me back to calmness. I turned to see Remus with Harry staring at Hedwig as he flew off of Harry’s arm and into the sky his snow white body reflected off of the water beautifully. He ascended high before disappearing behind the astronomy tower……
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit
Comment=Chapters