Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

Frights and Lessons

Today we go to Hogsmede. Ron, Hermione, Harry, Faith and I walked to Hogsmede together. We stopped inside the Three Broomsticks to get some Butterbeer. I was sitting next to Harry and Ron, while Hermione was sitting next to Faith. Ron was starring into the distance, I don’t know what he was starring at, but I think Harry knew.

“Ron, what are you starring at?” Hermione asked, as our Butterbeers came. I looked to see where Ron was starring.

“What’s with Ginny and Dean Thomas?” Ron asked.

“Oh, they’re just kissing?” I say. Everyone turned to look at the two of them. They were just kissing……but obviously Ron was not cool with that……. “Hermione, are you alright?” Faith asked. Hermione chugged down her Butterbeer…something must be up….

“I’m fine,” she said. I raised an eyebrow and looked into her mind. ’Tell me what’s wrong. Nobody has to know except me if you want.’ I projected the thought into her mind.

’It’s really nothing…’ she thought. I put down my eyebrow.

’Okay, you know I’m here if you need me.’ I projected into Hermione’s head.

’Thanks Kris’ she thought. I gave a slight nod. “Kris? Hello??? Earth to Kris,” Faith said as she waved a hand in front of my face.

“What?” I asked.

“I thought you were gone for a second…oh, well.” Faith said, “Kris, while you were off in LaLaLand, Slughorn came over here to tell Harry and Ron that they can invite someone to his Christmas party.”

“Did I really?” I asked. Faith nodded….oh well…

“Kris, would you like to come to the Christmas party with me?” Harry asked.

“Sure!”I said. We got up to go back to Hogwarts. The walk was long and snow was everywhere! I can’t wait to go back to my bed and lie down…..Oh wait! I can’t do that because I have lessons with Snape! Yay???? I want to go to sleep! Everybody stopped suddenly; I walked right into Harry and saw everybody looking up. I did so and saw Katie Bell hovering about 10 feet up in the air screaming and what seemed like in pain. We all just kept staring at Katie until she fell back to the ground. We all crowded beside her and wondered what happened. Harry and Hermione were looking at the parcel she was carrying, it looked like a necklace. Could the necklace be cursed? Hagrid came over and picked up Katie and brought her to the hospital wing. He told the rest of us to go to Professor McGonagall. She then questioned us about Katie and how she acted. She also asked why whenever anything bad happens Hermione, Harry and Ron were always there. I wonder that myself too. Harry told McGonagall that he suspected Draco Malfoy to be behind this whole incident. I looked over toward Faith who is now next to me, she looked as if she wanted to murder Harry at this very moment. I wouldn’t blame her, but she knows that Harry is going out with me, but I don’t think that would have stopped her. I nudged Faith in the stomach, luckily she understood. I know for sure once we get out of this room she will be plotting revenge. She does not let things go….this girl can hold a serious grudge. We were finally allowed to leave McGonagall’s office and I remembered to go to Snape’s office for lessons…….Faith wandered off somewhere, I don’t know where. But Harry came up behind me as I’m walking and said, “So, would you like to be my girlfriend?” I looked at Harry in disbelief. “Yes!” I exclaimed. He leaned in to kiss me, so I leaned forward to make it easier. I’m really, really short…Harry and I kissed for several minutes until I thought, ‘I got to go. I have a lesson with Snape.’

‘Can’t you skip that lesson and we can I don’t know make out in the Room of Requirement?’
Harry asked.

’I’m sorry, I really want to say yes to that, but if you want me to pass out on you guys again, then by all means, I’ll go, but I don’t feel like passing out again…..’ I thought.

’Fine, if you need anything, you know how to find me.’ We stopped kissing and we left to go our separate ways, facing back at each other when we got to the Grand Staircase. I went down to Snape’s office as quickly as I could. I was already late thanks to Harry. The last thing I need right now is a detention. I walked into Snape’s office and sat down in the chair.

“You are late Ms. Hale,” Snape said.

“I am really sorry, sir,” I said.

“Okay, now let’s start. You tell me that you can now see through the eyes of others.”

“That’s correct.”

“Now what happens when you are looking through someone else’s eyes?”

“Ummm….my body faints and my mind travels into another person’s mind, and I don’t know whose mind it is unless they are in a conversation with another person.”

“Okay. Well, I will teach you how to look through another person’s mind without the fainting. But it will take some amount of time to make sure you can master this skill. So we shall start now.”

“Okay sir, but may I ask how would we do these lessons?”

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but because no one else is here you will have to use me.
Okay?” I nodded, Snape continued, “Okay, now try with your own will to get into my mind.” And so I began to, with a deep sigh, I slowly made my way into his mind. Okay, going into the mind is the easy part. Finding the part of the brain that controls the eyes is the hardest to find. I searched and before I know it I’m seeing through Snape’s eyes. And I watch my body fall from the chair to the ground. Oh boy…..

’Ms.Hale, get out now.’ Snape said.

’Yes, sir.’ I said. I made my out slowly, but I did eventually. And of course, I go back to my fallen body. I awaken and get back on the chair.

“Well, I can certainly see that anyone who you enter will have a headache while you are present,” he said rubbing his temples, he continued, “But I think I know why you faint. You already know it takes a lot of energy to go into someone else’s mind, I believe it requires even more energy to look through someone’s eyes. Got that?”

“Yes Professor,” I say.

“You can leave, we will meet again. I will tell you later, I have some more thinking to do on this subject matter,” he said and left the room. I went to the Ravenclaw common room and went to bed. I’m too tired to think.

After a good night’s sleep I went to the Quidditch Pitch to watch the game like every other student at Hogwarts. I think I’ll wish Harry good luck before the game starts. I waited till I got to my seat and closed my eyes and focused on Harry. ’Hey Harry,’ I thought.

’Hey Kris!’ He answered.

’I just wanted to say good luck! And I tell Ron I said good luck too…from what I hear he will need it.’

‘Trust me…he thinks I gave him the Felix Felicis.’

‘Harry! Wait….what do you mean he thinks?’

‘I faked it.’

‘Oh, so now he’ll actually do well because he really thinks you gave him the potion?’

‘Yup!’

‘Okay…I’ll see you later.’

‘Kris, if we win today’s game want to come with me to the party in the Gryffindor common room?’

‘Only if no one else will mind.’

‘Sweet I’ll see you in a bit. Bye Kris’

‘Bye Harry.’
I quickly stopped projecting my thoughts. I knew I wasted too much energy. I just need to sit and force myself not to faint and I think I should be fine. I sat in my seat for all of the game. I see that Ron was an extremely great keeper. Even though he thinks that potion is giving him the luck. Near the end of the game I start to have trouble staying awake. I force myself to stand up and root for Harry and as soon as I stand up Harry catches the snitch!

’ I’ll meet you outside of the common room, follow Hermione.’ Harry thought. I nodded. Apparently Hermione knew that I would have to follow her, so she grabbed my arm and led me to the common room. I waited till Harry got there and once Ron came through the door the party began. He was on everybody’s shoulders having fun, they let him down Lavender went up to him and kissed him! I immediately saw the look on Hermione’s face and I turned to Harry and said, “Harry, follow Hermione. She needs a friend right now. I’m gonna go back to my common room and sleep. I’m pretty tired.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later then.” Harry said. I left the Gryffindor common room and went to my bed in the Ravenclaw tower. But I wanted to see if Hermione was okay, so I laid down on my bed and focused on Harry and tried quickly went through his brain until I found that I’m looking through his eyes. He and Hermione were talking.

“What would you do if you saw Kris with someone else?” Hermione said.

“I don’t know Hermione. But when I saw Kris with Cedric, sure I was jealous. But we’re together now. I can’t really answer your question.” Harry said. Awww! He was jealous! Ron entered the room and Lavender said, “Oops! Looks like this room is taken.” She took Ron’s arm and dragged him away, but Hermione got up and made the paper birds that were in the air try to attack Ron. When they failed to attack she just cried into Harry’s shirt. I’m not mad. Actually, I’m glad he’s there to help out a friend.

’Kris!’ Harry screamed in his thoughts.

’What?! I wanted to make sure Hermione was alright! I said.

’Okay, I believe you. But please get out. I’ll see you tomorrow’

‘Okay Bye’
I said and got back into my mind. I rolled over on my bed and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hogsmede outfits for Kris and Faith:
http://www.polyvore.com/hogsmede_trip/set?id=35302901

Quidditch game outfits (Top is Faith, bottom is Kris):
http://www.polyvore.com/quidditch_game/set?id=35304150