Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

The First Task

“CEDRIC DIGGORY!” I was jumping for joy when I heard his name was called. I couldn’t hold my joy!

“Oh my God, Faith! AHHH!” I screamed into Faith’s ear.

“What Kris, what,” Faith asked.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!” I couldn’t hold in my joy anymore!

“No more Butterbeer for you.” Faith said acting like my mother.

“Fine,” I replied. We left to go to our dormitories, except I went to the dungeons to find Snape. He’s making me practice every day now. I swear if there was a potion that can solve all my problems I would drink it with no hesitation! But there isn’t so I have to deal with it. But, I still feel scared. Snape’s tactics are a bit, rough. I hope today’s lesson isn’t painful. I enter the class room and take my seat. And all of the sudden I am overcome by so many thoughts. It feels as if the entire student body’s minds are in my head. Which just so happen to be very and I mean very painful! Imagine if you were being stabbed by a hundred people at the same time. Sounds painful right? Well, it is.

“AAAAHHHHH!!!” I screamed. As I screamed in pain Snape came out behind me with his wand pointed outward toward me.

“Force the thoughts out, Kris. You will never learn if you don’t practice,” he said. In all honesty, I really was trying. It’s just too hard.

“MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!” I exclaimed.

“Only you can do that,” Snape said. I seriously don’t think I can do this. The task at hand is just too difficult. But with all my might I forced the thoughts out until they were just a minor headache that I could deal with. It took longer than I expected but I would not fail! I will not be defeated! I finally got enough power to force Snape out completely. “Yes,” I exclaimed.

“Took you long enough,” Snape said.

“You caught me off guard! What else was I supposed to do! Plus it was too painful!”

“We need to make sure you can handle it just in case you have another episode. Plus if you were to be in a giant room filled with more people than the capacity limit allows, what will you do?”

“Okay…if I do have another episode, how do I keep myself from rolling on the floor screaming in pain?” I asked.

“You’ll have to deal with the pain. With years to come the pain will feel like nothing. The only thing you’ll feel is thoughts running around everywhere.” And as Snape finished his sentence I was overcome with another episode. This one is even worse than the one Snape put me through. I slowly gather enough energy to push it away into a minor migraine that I am able to handle. “What happened,” Snape asked.

“Another episode, this one was a lot worse,” I replied.

“Well, I believe that will be all for today’s lesson. I’ll see you here tomorrow.” And Snape walked away.

I took the long walk back to the Ravenclaw common room. It was past curfew, but practically every teacher knows that Snape gives me private lessons. I just wish I wasn’t the only one… I went into my bed and tried to get a good night’s sleep.

*Next Day*
I met up with Faith in the Transfiguration Courtyard.

“I can’t believe you’re still holding a grudge against Potter,” I tell Faith.

“Well he doesn’t deserve it,” Faith says. I see Cedric walk over toward us, he wanted to talk to me. Faith obviously knew what I was thinking and she left me and Cedric there so she could get something from the Slytherin common room.

“Hi Kris,” Cedric said.

“Hi Cedric,” I reply, I giggle and blush a little.

“You have a cute laugh.”

“Thanks, I guess.”

“I was wondering if I could ask you something.”

“Go ahead.”

’Can you really read minds,’ he thought

“Yes,” I respond.

“That is really clothes!” He said. Cedric started to lean closer to me. ‘How about now?’ His lips were now on mine.

Oh. My. God. Cedric is kissing me! I pull back and say, “Yeah.” He smiled and leaned forward to put his lips back on mine.

‘I’ve been meaning to ask you something. Would you like to go out with me? Keep kissing me if yes, if not then you can walk away and go on with your daily life,’ he thought. I contemplated this for maybe half a second. And kept on kissing him. I could feel him smile; I searched the crowd to find Faith. She was coming. I forced this thought into Cedric and he got up and left. He turned his head to look back at me and gave a slight smile.

“What happened?” Faith asked.

“Cedric and I are going out now. Now when are you and Draco going to?” I ask.

“Shut up.”
**************************************
Today is the first task. Everyone from Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beaxbaton filed into the arena and sat in the bleachers. Faith was on the other side of the arena and Cedric was in the tent next to the arena. This would be the only time that I would be allowed to talk to Faith through thought.

’Excited?’ Faith asked.

’I don’t know. I’m scared for Cedric. You?’ I ask.

’Not really, but you should see the other Slytherins. They’re all screaming ‘KILL HARRY’,’ Faith said.

’Well the Ravenclaws over here are screaming the same thing.’

‘You should talk to Cedric. I had a vision last night. They have to fight dragons.’

‘Okay I’ll find Cedric.’
I close my mind and try and regain my energy. Pushing thoughts into someone else’s mind requires lots of energy.

‘Cedric?’ I ask.

’Kris? Where are you?’ Cedric asks.

‘I’m sitting in the stadium. I heard you have to fight dragons.’

‘Well, that’s only half of it. We have to get an egg guarded by the dragon.’

‘Sounds easy’

‘ You try it.’

‘I’m good, thanks. Listen I have to go Snape will block my mind so I won’t be able to help anyone. I wish you luck.’
.I just finish saying that and I see Snape finish mouthing a spell. He really can’t trust me. And I believe the battles are about to begin. I start to lose consciousness…I sit down in my seat and black out………..

Next thing I know, I’m still in the stadium, everyone is still cheering…I stand up and see Cedric running around the stadium trying not to get squashed by the dragon. From the way the dragon looks it looks like a Swedish Shortsnout. Cedric throws everything he knows into trying to defeat the dragon. I must have woken up in near the end of his fight because he grabbed the egg and held it in the air like a trophy. I cheer along with the crowd. I start to lose consciousness again…I’m glad to see how happy he is…..but I won’t be able to stay
awake for the last battle. I sit back in my seat and black out.

I wake up to see everyone start to exit. I get up and do the same. It’s been a long day so I go back to the Ravenclaw tower and get some sleep but before I do I search for Cedric again.

’Hey Cedric,’ I say.

’ Hi Kris,’ Cedric says.

I just wanted to say congrats!’

‘Thanks Kris. Oh, and would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?’

‘Yes, I would love to. I’ll see you there!’
I fell asleep after that. I need to regain my energy.
***********************************************
*Fast forward to night of Yule Ball*

I looked in the mirror and looked my face carefully over. My blue eyes against my somewhat tanned skin went perfectly with the floor length gown I had on. The gown was white with a pink shimmer to it. I personally love it! My hair was done to look elegant with banana curls that run down the sides of my face. I told Cedric I would meet him in outside the Great Hall. Cedric looked astounding! A black tux looked excellent on him. We got in line behind the other champions and walked in behind them. We danced like how we were taught, the night hasn't even begun and I’m too tired to stand. Cedric led me to a table and sat us down and got some punch for us.

“Having a good time?” He aked.

“I’m having a wonderful time!” I say.

“I’m happy to hear that. You know we don’t have to stay here. Come follow me.” He led me out of the Great Hall to the courtyard. We sat on the nearest bench and put his jacket on my shoulders. He still looked dashing even in the moonlight. He leaned in closer to me and started kissing me. I got the idea I think he had. We made out for the rest of the night. Or at least I got tired from keeping up a mental wall all day. Thankfully Cedric understood that and walked me back to the Ravenclaw tower. There we said out final good-byes for the evening.