Priceless

Playin Dirty

I walked to the gymnasium with Donny and J.P. hot on my heels surprisingly keeping pace with me knowing how pissed I’m feeling. When I’m mad I’ll break loose on the next person that’s pisses me off like a wild animal and will only stop when I’m satisfied. Donny and J.P. stay close when I feel like this so no one will feel my rage, and if someone does set me off one of them will step in to either save the person or take by blow. I pushed the door open and ran into the last person I wanted to see.

“What’s going on worm?” Zeke, a guy who knows me well enough to recognize when I’m pissed, asked.

“Not today Zeke,” J.P. said sternly from behind me.

Donny put a hand on my shoulder and tightened his grasp, “Don’t piss her off.”

Zeke came towards me smirking, “Did someone rattle your cage today? First period didn’t even start yet.”

“Back off Prick,” I hissed at him.

A circle formed around us and people started whispering knowing what would happen if he continue pressing me with his ass of an attitude. I clenched my fists and felt Donny’s hold get tighter on me so much it didn’t feel as if clothes were between us. If tension was strong enough already Zeke moved closer to me and whispered something into my ear so no one else could hear and I snapped. I punched him in the stomach and he backed off and laughed to egg me on. I tried a high kick and he backed flipped away from me like it was nothing. I went after him tried a jump kick when he ducked and went right under me and grabbed my leg bring me down hard. I winced and got right back up to see him waiting for me to come after him again; bating me. My anger blinding my better judgment I went after him throwing my fists without even touching him like some damn ghost. Then when I tried to punch him again he grabbed my wrist and twisted it behind me making everyone gasp. It was back to chest and I could feel him breathing heavily on my neck.

“I think you should practice more,” said and then pushed me into Donny and J.P. who grabbed and hold me. Zeke smiled and walked away and I had a great urge to run after him and wipe that smile off his face. Still, fighting against my urges I yanked out of J.P.’s and Donny’s hold and walked up the stairs to the second floor where I usually spent my first period free time in. Every day during first period there is a workout room that is not used and I decided to take the opportunity to make it mine a long time ago. J.P. and Donny hang out there and help me blow off steam, but today I don’t think I should subject them to helping me out seeing as Zeke only added to the existing rage. I made my way to the girl’s locker room and changed into my sports bra and shorts and threw my uniform and bag into my gym locker before leaving.

I walked into the gym and saw Donny sitting on some equipment playing with the stereo to hook up his iPod to. I looked around the room and noticed J.P. was nowhere to been found so I figured he went to the bathroom. Donny got the stereo working and started playing music and bobbing his head to the beat as I taped my knuckles before working out.

But fuck’em he knows the code. It’s not about the salary it’s all about the reality and makin some noise.” Donny tried rapping along with the music and I laughed at him.

“I don’t think rapping is an option for you,” I told him and he smiled and turned the volume up.

I walked over to the sandbag and started throwing some soft punches as a warm up and then got very into. I pictured Zeke’s face on the bag and every time it spun around it was a new face either Roderick, or that blonde bitch Tiffney. Never have I been so wand up so early in the morning and the fact I’m still a bit hung over isn’t helping me any. I started kicking the bag and it started swinging around more making me more anxious, making me hop in place as sweat came down my face. I waited for the bag to slow down a bit before attacking it again when I saw Donny coming towards me form the corner of my eye.

“What is it?” I asked wiping some sweat off my forehead.

He grinned and pointed to the boxing ring, “We thought you would want an opponent that would put up a challenge.” He said and I looked towards the ring where J.P. was leaning on the ropes with his gear on.

“That is you’re afraid I’ll beat you?” he said jokingly.

I looked form Donny to J.P. “Aren’t you afraid I’ll hurt you?”

“Nah,” he scuffed, “you give me your all and I’ll do the same.”

I took the gloves and head gear Donny handed me and put them on. Having friends that are willing to take a hit is a good thing, even better they are willing to fight a girl with the chances of losing. I climbed into the ring and tapped gloves with J.P. and waited for Donny to call like the ref.

“Fight!” Donny yelled and started a new track and I scuffed.

“Really Don? Girlfight? Do I look like one to you?” J.P. called from the ring to Donny who only shrugged.

“Keep focus,” I said before swiping his legs out from under him and no, that isn’t regulation. Here in this ring we don’t play fair cause dirty tricks is the only way we are able to win against each other. He hit the ground and quickly got back up and jabbed me with a right hook sending me back. As always he is using his strength where as I excel in agility and came at him from his left side – his weak side.

“Fuck no,” he said before I gave him a harsh blow causing him to fall on his back. Will he was down I quickly got into position a jumped him for the blow attack. I elbowed him in the stomach and did a quick upper cut slamming my fist into his jaw.

“Winner,” Donny called form the floor, “Andy.”

I smiled and got off of J.P. who was trying to catch his breath, “Step up partner,” I took off my gloves and extended my hand to help him up. He smiled, took his gloves off and grabbed my hand and pulled me down shifting his weight over me and pinning me down. “Sly aren’t you?”

“This exactly why in our line of business we make sure they’re dead. Hey, call it Donny!”

Donny pouted and crossed his arms, “I only rule in the favor of Andy.”

“You cheat,” J.P. snapped as he got off me and went after Donny once he jumped over the rope.

Donny ran for cover as J.P. was still catching his breath, “You go shower Andy while I ring Donny’s neck.” He walked away in the direction Donny ran.

“Don’t kill him,” I called.

“I’ll try not to,” he said and I got out of the ring, grabbed a towel and walked out of the weight room as noise started. I smiled to myself and wiped my face with the towel when I ran into someone.

“Oh, sorry,” I said and moved the towel from my face to see Roderick looking upset. “Oh it’s you; in that case I take back the apology.” I said and walked around him when he grabbed my arm. “Don’t touch me,” I hissed.

“You owe me an apology,” he said.

“Like hell I do!” I snapped.

He tightened his grasp, “You assaulted me. Do have any idea who I am? I’m the kind of person that can destroy you.”

He looked pissed and I couldn’t help but smirk at his appearance, “The real question is do you know who I am? But based on what you said it seems like you don’t. So I must ask who are you to threaten me? What makes you, some pretty boy, who probably depends on his daddy’s money worthy of threatening me? What can you possibly do that could destroy me?”

“I have friends in high and power places that you couldn’t even dream of.” He said narrowing his eyes.

I laughed, “Where exactly? The senator’s office? Williams Law Firm? The local police? Tell me and I’ll call them up right now.”

“Who are you to mock me? What gives you the right?” he snapped and I pulled my arm out of his grasp.

“You see this tattoo?” I pointed to the python that circled my waist with its head resting just above my belly button, “This gives me the right, this is me and if you have the slightest regard for your life you be wise not to threaten me,”

He looked at my tattoo and stuck his hands in his pocket, “I don’t understand how your ink has anything to do with who you are, but whatever. I came here to ask you a favor.”

I looked at him feeling confused, “Why would you need a favor from me?”

“Because Tiffany isn’t going to leave me alone if she thinks I’m single and because of what I did to get rid of her she really think we’re together.”

“Tiffany? Oh you mean bitchin Barbie… yeah I can see why you would want to get rid of her, but that’s your problem not mine. I want no part of this so I guess our fake relationship ends here.” I turned to walk away and he quickly moved in front of me.

“You can’t. You see no other girl will stand up to her like you did, and because no one will you’re my only hope in getting her to leave me alone.” He sounded desperate.

“Did it ever occur to you that I may be in a relationship with someone else?” I asked and his face fell.

He scratched his head, “Well…are you?”

“Well because of my rep no one will come close to me and other things…” I trailed off in thought averting my eyes, “but I like how things are and I don’t want any of it to change.”

“This doesn’t have to be complicated;” he said frantically, “all we need to do is pretend we’re in a relationship. No feelings have to be involved.” Damn is he this desperate to get rid of one girl?

I sighed and looked at him feeling irritated, “The answer is no.”

“I’m not asking you to do this for free, ya know. I can pay you whatever amount you want all you need to do is give me a number and I’ll hand you a blank check on a silver platter.”

“You really are a dumbass you know that? I mean look at the school we’re in damn it. Do you think if I was low on cash I would be coming here? And don’t you remember what I told you earlier? I. Can’t. Be. Bought,” I said and flicked his forehead. “Retain that will you?”

“Are you sure you won’t help me out?” he asked.

“Listen my hands are tied,” I said walking past him, “but if you’re still going to persist the topic I suggestion you try and get through a couple of people,” I pointed behind him to a disheveled looking Donny and a pissed J.P. “If they don’t approve neither do I, and you already know my answer.” I told him and made my escape to the locker room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song Donny was singing..rapping was Remember the Name by Fort Minor, just an fyi. ^_^

Don't Be A Silent Reader

Comment and Subscribe. Please and Thank You : )