Priceless

Screw It

By the time I left the gymnasium the passing period bell rang and Donny had his arm over my shoulder laughing about how he managed to climb into a towel rack before J.P. found him. But it would appear the towel rack couldn’t hold his weight and gave way making J.P. the cushion for his fall. Donny laughed saying how J.P.’s face with priceless as J.P. grumbled to himself on how he was going to sue Donny’s ass off when we entered the Literature building and made our way to Erickson’s room. As we walked up the stairs a young girl with a ton of books was making her way down when she bumped into a senior boy.

“Move it shit face,” he yelled and pushed her roughly that she lost her footing.

Without giving it a second thought I jumped behind her for the catch and fell down the stairs cushioning her fall. Books and papers where scatters all over the steps and students froze in place as they looked from me to the guy; and not to mention his shell shocked friend. I laid still on the ground still holding onto the girl while I waited for the room to stop spinning and change colors. Red, green, blue, hell I was even seeing circles! I closed my eyes and sighed when I heard all hell breaking loose on the stairs. Damn I need to get moving before someone gets killed.

“Sorry love you need to move,” I said to the small girl who looked shaken up as she moved off me, “Gotta do some damage control.” I looked up on the stairs noticing Donny who had the guy pinned to the rail. Despite Donny’s small build appearance don’t be deceived, he is one strong punk ass with little tolerance.

“You bastard!” Donny yelled showing his violent side.

“I didn’t know she was going to do that,” the guy panicking when Donny put his hand on his chest slowly pushing him back over the rail. The guy quickly grasped the rail as half his torso was over the rail, “Please! I’m sorry.”

“I don’t believe you,” Donny hissed, “how about you take a trip.” Donny said venomously and I abruptly slapped him across the face.

“Enough,” I grabbed the guy’s neck tie and walked him down the stairs to where the girl was sitting on the ground. “If you are going to apologize to anyone it will be her,” I looked at the girl, “what’s your name dear-y?”

“Lindsey,” she said meekly looking up at me.

“Too cute,” I smiled and then made the guy stand up straight, “Now say you’re sorry to Lindsey.”

“I’m sorry,” he said quickly.

“I don’t believe you. Say it with emotion,” I gave him a swift kick to the crouch and he doubled over cupping himself.

“I-I’m Sorry,” he said hoarsely before passing out.

I shook my shook, “It’s a sad day when a guy passes out from only I kick to the nuts,” I kicked him and then turned towards the stairs, “hey are you,” I eyed a guy with red hair who pointed to himself, “yeah you. Are you his friend?” he nodded, “Then get your ass down here and take him to the infirmary to ice his balls.” The guy nodded and went to his friend’s side and helped him up to his feet before taking him to the nurse. People started whispering in place about how he was asking for it and how lucky he was that Donny didn’t drop him on his head and they’re right. That bastard was lucky Donny didn’t drop him on his head, because he would have died or became a veggie the rest of his life. I heard scuffling and glanced in its direction when I noticed the small girl Lindsey crawling the ground trying to gather her belongings.

People bumped into her and pushed her out of the way; some idiot even stepped on her hand. Even if she was a lower classmen it pissed me off how everyone treated her that I stuck my fingers’ in my mouth and whistle loudly that everyone stopped.

“Are you all blind? Or just cruel?” I said looking at everyone and then walking over to one of the scattered books picking it up, “If any of you don’t want to join that douche bag in the nurse’s room help pick up her belongings instead of walking all over them.” And with that her stuff was brought back to her in record time and then everyone dispersed. Donny and J.P. join me and Lindsey by the bench next to the stairs as she gathered herself together.

“Thanks for what you did,” she smiled up at me and I couldn’t help but hug her. What can I say? I have a weakness for cute things.

Donny smiled, “You’re really lucky Andy saved you there.”

“She’s a real knight in shining armor,” J.P. chimed in.

The girl blushed and I squeezed her tighter in my embrace, “If only you were pocket sized,” I squealed.

“It’s this side of your personality that makes you popular with boys and girls,” J.P. said and I stuck my tongue at him.

Donny laughed and Lindsey smiled making me think I’m not the only one popular with girls. I glanced up at the clock on the wall and noticed we had only five minutes left till class started. “Well,” I let go of the girl and stood next to Donny and J.P. “we better get going.”

“But what if she runs into more trouble?” J.P. asked.

Donny snapped his fingers, “I got it!,” he grabbed the chain around his neck and undid it revealing and small but noticeable sterling silver snake head with red eyes necklace. He motioned for Lindsey to turn around with his finger and she did willingly moving her hair aside for him to put the necklace on her. He fastened it and let it go to hang around her neck, “Beautiful, I am a genius.”

Lindsey turned around to us and fingered the necklace, “What’s this?” she asked.

“A protective charm,” Donny was pleased with himself, “consider yourself untouchable now.” He winked.

She blushed and then looked to me, “With our mark you won’t run into trouble, and even if you do all you have to do is find us.” I patted her head and turned to walk away.

“Thanks!” she called as we walked up the stairs to the second floor where the classroom was. Students crashed through the door like a tidal wave trying to beat the bell, whereas others hung around the entrance talking like they had nothing else better to do. I walked in and took my seat right between Donny and J.P. when someone sat on my desk.

“Mornin Love,” Bandit said smiling mischievously.

I leaned back in my seat balancing on two legs, “What did you do?”

“What, Isn’t the question. It’s a whom you should be asking.”

I frowned, “I thought I was you’re only love.”

She jumped from my desk to my lap, draping her arms around my neck, “but you are dear-y you are. It’s just you lack something that,” she did a little fist pump, “he gives impact to.”

“And who just is this one of a kind guy?” I asked.

“Hun, he isn’t one of a kind if they all have it,” she smirked and gave me a quick kiss before running to her seat. Let me just throw this out there, no I am not gay, and no I’m not bi, but some of my good friends are. Bandit is one of them, bi I mean, and there isn’t one thing I would change about her that would make her any less than the Bandit she is. Class moved slowly and I could feel my attention slowly drifting away into dream land when the bell went off calling for a change of rooms. I got up and stretched when Bandit hugged me by the waist, “Off to chem.” She grabbed my bag and we walked out of the room.

“Why do you always have to be so clingy to Andy?” Donny started fussing with Bandit like five year old fighting over mommy.

“Why do you have to be so over bearing?” she retorted still holding onto me.

“How is it that every time I see you it’s always in the middle of some spat?” Zeke said walking up to me silencing the two.

I looked at him, “maybe it’s because I attract trouble. I mean, it would explain why you keep popping up everywhere I go.” I shrugged.

He stuck his hands in his pockets and lowered his head so we were eye level, “you like to be a smart ass don’t you.” He smiled.

“You’re one to talk always blowing hot and cold all the time,” Bandit said from behind me and he looked at her. J.P. quickly put his hand over her mouth to silence any more references she had in mind.

His attention went back to me, “don’t think about jumping the fence,” then he walked around me and went to his locker that wasn’t that far away.

J.P. took his hand off Bandit and her mouth started to run off, “I feel as if I should be offended.”

“If you feel anything you should be grateful,” Donny started wagging his finger in front of her, “He won’t hesitate to hit a girl.”

“She’s right, she should be offended,” I looked at Donny. “He doesn’t have the right to talk to her like that.”

Donny held his hands up, “and what are we supposed to do about that?” he asked when a spotted a familiar patch of brown hair, followed by a blondie.

“I have an idea,” I took Bandit’s hands off me, “Donny go to Zeke and count to ten and then make sure he looks right there,” I pointed to a group of people.

He looked confused, “but why?’

“Just do it,” I said and then I stared counting in my head as I made my way to the matt of brown hair.

I pushed between two people and found Roderick and Tiffany talking.

“You,” she said snidely.

“Yeah me,” I said quickly and then turning to Roderick, “I need a quick favor.”

“Wha” and then I brought his face down to mine and kissed him deeply that Tiffany screamed. I opened an eye and saw Zeke watching like predicted and then storming off in the opposite direction when I broke apart from Roderick.

“Wow,” he gasped and wow was right, or at least that was Bandit’s expression. Donny and J.P. just had their mouths fall open like idiots. “That was…wow.”

“Okay Shakespeare enough with the insightful aspiration of the kiss,” I said and walked away like nothing just happened. Bandit was all jumpy and giddy when she handed my bag over to me.

“That was amazing…even if I don’t know what you just did.” She squealed.

“Donny’s expression switched from shocked to pissed, “I know what you just did,” he snapped, “You just screwed yourself over that’s what.”

“He’s right Andy,” J.P. said as soon as my phone went off. I flipped it open and saw a text from Derek telling me to get home now. I held it up showing them and J.P. and Donny exchanged a glance, “this is going to be bad.”

I snapped the cell shut, “Yeah well bad is okay, hell is what to look out for.” I looked at J.P. and held out my hand, “Don’t have time to get my helmet so let’s exchange my baby for yours.” he dug out his keys from his pocket to his lime green Lamborghini and handed them to me and I gave him my bike keys. “Well I’ll be off then,” I saluted them with keys in hand and made way to the exit.

“Hey!” I heard someone call after me, but I didn’t stop, “Hey Andy,” the voice got closer and more recognizable. I walked down the stairs when I felt someone touch my shoulder, “Wait up why don’t cha?” Roderick said and I moved away from him and jumped over the rail to make up time. Like a cat I landed on my feet and looked back at him as he ran down the steps to catch up with me as I went through the doors heading to the parking lot. “Andy!” he yelled running to my side.

“Listen,” I didn’t stop walking, “I have places to be and you tailing me isn’t helping at all.”

We walked onto the black top and I beeped for the car, “Then what was that kiss all about?”

Really? That’s what he’s been following me for? I simple touch of the lips? I quickened my pace when I spotted the car. “You have people you want to piss off and so do I. What I did right now was killing two birds with one stone, no big.” I unlocked the car, opened the door and got in.

I was about to close the door when he firmly held it open, “That kiss wasn’t nothing.”

“Wait,” I froze in my seat, “do you hear that?”

He looked around, “Hear what?”

“Over there,” I pointed behind him and he let go of the car.

“What?”

I reached for the door, “It’s the sound of the people who actually give a shit.” I slammed the door shut and locked it.

He quickly turned around and knocked on the window, “Hey!”

I strapped myself in and inserted the key into the ignition letting the engine roar to life. I waved to him and pulled out of the space and drove to the gates where they opened quickly letting J.P.’s baby taste asphalt.

I drove home as fast as I could and called Derek to make sure the gate was open so I wouldn’t have to stop. By the time I arrive it was and I made a swift turn letting the rubber wheels burn leaving a cloud behind me. Oohhh J.P. is not going to like that. I pulled up to the house and noticed a dark loaming Jag parked in the front. How did I get beat?” I thought and got out of the car caref=ully closing the door behind me. I walked to to the door and opened the it to find everything sparkly clean far from the disaster of this morning. Mary and Derek were in the living talking when I came in and went silent when they saw me.

“You’re in deep shit, Andrea,” Derek said.

I looked around the room, “Where?”

Mary pointed upstairs, “your room.”

My room? Damn this must be bad if its in private and not here in the open. I nodded and headed up the stairs thinking that if things get out of hand I have a little collection I can break out of hiding. Walking down the hall was like walking down death row long and slow like as I saw people standing outside their rooms shaking their heads at me. Is this really going to be that bad?

I opened the door to my room and went in thinking now I have to stand my ground and be proud of my actions. I closed the door behind me and looked at the figure sitting in my bed, hand tightly squeezing my de-stress plushy.

“We need to talk,” Zeke said looking at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't Be A Silent Reader

Comment and Subscribe. Please and Thank You : )