Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

Palantir

The group slowly made their way along the winding path that would take them to Isenguard. Kyna was mostly silent during the endeavor. Storm trotted along next to Aragorn at a slow and easy pace while its rider looked ahead unseeingly. Her mind far away from their little group. The landscape passed by unnoticed to most as they followed the path. Legolas was all to aware of where they were going and the reaction it seemed to be having on the woman he had fallen so hard for. He wanted desperately to reach out and pull her to him but he stopped himself. He knew she needed time to think about everything that had passed and was to come.
Kyna suddenly pulled herself back to the present and urged Storm forward until she was riding right beside Gandalf. Gandalf looked over to the girl and instantly knew what was wrong with her. Gandalf had done a lot of her training to be a wizard but Saruman had also helped her. Whereas he knew that she cared for Saruman, he also knew that he cared even more for himself. Gandalf had always been like a grandfather to her and Saruman a favored uncle. "Gandalf?" She whispered unsure of what or how to see her thoughts. "If you are looking for guidance in this situation I am afraid I will not give you any." He stated. "You must learn how to resolve things like this on your own for I will not be around forever." Gandalf finished.
Kyna sighed but nodded minutely. "I know, but I cannot stop myself from hoping that you are wrong and that Saruman is still the age wizened old man who taught me so much." Kyna whispered before dropping back so that she was once again riding by Aragorn. Aragorn reached out from his horse and settled his hand on his sister’s shoulder. Kyna looked at him and gave him a reassuring smile before turning back to the path ahead of them. She knew that they would soon be arriving at Isenguard and she needed to muster all the strength she could handle.
Kyna looked up when they found themselves at the gate to Isenguard. He heart lifted as she heard the familiar laughter of the two hobbits who were sitting on the rubble of what used to be a wall. "Welcome my lords, and lady." Merry said smiling down at the group. "To Isenguard." He continued pointing to the wreckage behind him. "You young rascals, a myriad you've led us on and now we find you feasting and, and smoking." Gimli shouted from his place behind Legolas on a horse. Aragorn and Kyna couldn't help but smile as Gimli yelled at the two young hobbits.
"We are sitting on a field of victory enjoying a few well-earned comforts." Pippin said through his mouthful. "The salted pork is especially good." Pippin then relented. "Salted pork?" Gimli asked much to the amusement of Kyna who laughed softly. "Hobbits." Gandalf muttered under his breath while he shook his head. "We're under orders, from Treebeard, who has taken over management of Isenguard." Merry explained. Kyna smiled up at them and the two hobbits smiled back down at her. "Get down here you two." Kyna called up to them. Merry and Pippin nodded before they both climbed down. Kyna pulled Merry unto her horse in front of her while Aragorn did the same to Pippin. They then proceeded into Isenguard until they came upon Treebeard.
"Young master Gandalf." Treebeard said when he saw the wizard. "I'm glad you've come." The ent stated. "Wood and water, stock and stone I can master, but there is a wizard to manage here." Treebeard said looking at the group. "Locked in his tower." Treebeard informed. "And their Saruman must remain, under your guard Treebeard." Gandalf stated. "Well let's just have his head and be done with it." Gimli said causing Kyna to flinch. "No, he has no power anymore." Gandalf said staring up at the tower. "The filth of Saruman is washing away, trees will come back to live here." Treebeard said happily.
He was about to continue when the sound of splashing water and Pippin's name being called out was heard. Pippin waded through the water until he was standing above something. He then reached down and pulled up a dark glowing sphere. Pippin stared at it as if in a trance. "Bless my bark." Treebeard exclaimed. Gandalf was quickly at the hobbits side. "Peregrin Took, I'll take that my lad." Gandalf said riding up to the hobbit. Pippin looked between the palantir and Gandalf before quite unwillingly handing it to Gandalf whom quickly wrapped it in his cloak. Peregrin looked at the wizard for a bit more before they once again got on their horses and started back to Rohan.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOHOOOO I am now officially on the last movie and I am sorry for this being late and short. I am the only person I know who can get sick in the middle of summer but any who I hope you enjoy this chapter and the next one should be longer and will be posted on Saturday or Sunday. Sorry for keeping you waiting and hop you enjoy.