Status: Done :)

An Abandoned Imprint

His Heart I Will Never Own

I woke up to an empty bed, like I always do. I sighed as I sat up and went to the bathroom to shower. As I stood there I let the cold water run down my body, soothing away my worries and relaxing my muscles. I brushed my hair and changed before I went to the kitchen to cook. I found Billy sitting in the table talking with Jacob.

“Good Morning” I said as I went to the fridge. Billy murmured morning back and I saw him glare at Jacob, but he only rolled his eyes and continued to ignore me. I gave Billy a sad smile before I went back to look for something to cook.

“Jacob, can you take me to the store, we have nothing to eat in the fridge?” I asked him as I grabbed my jacket and purse with sixty dollars inside from my job.

“No, I’m going to Bella’s house today, so walk yourself to the store” he said as he stood up, grabbed his keys and left slamming the door behind him.

“Dammit, I’m so sorry about my son, Kathy. I regret bringing him up the way I did, but I never knew my son to be the one to run form an imprint” Billy said as he rolled towards me.

I crouched down and hugged Billy, Billy is so nice to me, sometimes I wonder how Jacob can be the way he is when his father is so nice. I blame Bella for it though, I blame her for him hating me, and I blame her for being there and getting between us.

“I’m going to the store, is there anything I can get you while I’m there?” I asked Billy as I put on my jacket.

He told me what he wanted and tried to give me some cash but I wouldn’t use it either way. He’s letting me live with them so I feel like this is the only way for me to repay his kindness.

I walked to the store; by the time I got there it was almost ten in the morning. I went inside and saw Embry shopping, probably for his mom. I grabbed a shopping cart and started crossing things off my list as the cart slowly began to fill up. I turned a corner to get Jacob his favorite junk foods when I slammed into someone else’s cart.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry” I said as I looked up and found Embry staring at me. I smiled and waved, and he waved back. I always knew Embry had a little crush on me, but I never let him know that I knew.

“Hey Embry, what are you doing here?” I said as I reached for the box of cereal Jacob liked in the mornings, he’s always grumpy when he doesn’t have his cereal.

“Running some errands for my mom” he said as he grabbed his favorite cereal, which just so happens to be mine as well, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I smiled and steered away for the milk after saying a quick bye to Embry.

I left the store after I got everything from my list and began my trek back home with over twenty bags in my hands. I got to the house, many stops later, after three hours of walking. I went inside to find the whole pack except Embry and Jacob there. Sam saw me struggling with the bags and jumped forward and grabbed some, soon everyone was helping and I had nothing to carry.

I smiled and thanked everyone as I began putting the things away. I heard them talking in the living room but I ignored it for now, I was more worried about making dinner for Jacob, but if the others plan on staying for dinner I’m going to need some help.

Everyone ended up leaving an hour later, and ten minutes after they left I began cooking. I was setting the table when Jacob came in; he went straight to the TV. I bet he didn’t notice me, so I went to go check on him and found him punching a pillow that used to be on the couch.

I went to him and tried talking to him. “Jacob, are you okay?” I asked. He shook his head and it looked like he was about to cry. I went to him and sat down beside him.

Next thing I know my back is on the couch and he’s hovering over me, pressing his body against me. I felt something poking my stomach and realized what he wanted. I gave him my body and heart and he gave me his body, but never his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please post comments! I'm glad some of you have read my story, but I would like some comments so i can make my short story better!