Oxycontin Suicide

Balconies

Frank stared blankly at Vampire, who glowed a familiar glare of nothingness, but inside, she wanted so much for him to talk.

He spoke.

"Hey." Frank said nonchalantly, feeling the March air brush the inside of his lungs sharply.
"Hey." Vampire replied, as unfathomable as she could muster.

"So....You live with Velme over there?" He was so very eager for more words.
"Yep."
"How do you like it?"
"It's fine."
"Is everything okay, because you seem a bit tense, and-"
"IT'S FINE! EVERYTHING'S FINE!"
"You don't seem.."
"WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE?" She burst, feeling much like a serpant.
"I just-"
"Whatever it is then don't!"
"What? What did I do?!"
"It's not you! It's-"
"It's what!"
"ABUSE DAMMIT DON'T YOU LISTEN!?!" Vampire thrust her pant leg up revealing all of her bruises. Frank's eyes welled.

"Vampire, I'm so sorry! I-"
"Don't be! THE ONLY REASON I CAME TO THIS SHITHOLE IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS TO GET AWAY FROM THE ABUSE!! DON'T RUIN YOUR LIFE ON ME! MAKE SOME DAMN FRIENDS!! I ONLY NEED THE DARKNESS AND THE ALONE!!"

Vampire burst into tears, kneeling on the ground. She wrentched in pain as the cold wood touched her bruises. Frank came running to her side, tearstreaks down his broad face. She got up and ran, preventing anymore contact.

"I mean NOTHING to YOU!" She screeched through clenched teeth. "Nothing."

She slammed the sliding glass door shut, leaving Frank's dumbstruck boyish face looking in.

What she didn't hear was this:

"Nothing? Far from." Frank mumbled, walking solumnly back to his room.