Sequel: Runaway Kat
Status: read the sequelll

Fat Kat

In A Dream

Katerina Jacobs:

I was sitting at home by myself, contemplating tonight. Was it a bit harsh that I was using Shane to make Jack jealous? When actually at the moment, Jack didn’t even deserve to be looked at. He’d used Nancy Drew without a care in the world, and even caused heartbreak for Shane.

He was cruel and heartless. Yes he seems wonderful now; but what if it was all a cover up? Clearly Alex is quite good at that, so I don’t see why Jack wouldn’t be. I shook my head of these thoughts, and looked at myself in the mirror.

Shane had said he was picking me up around 7, which was fine. It gave me plenty of time to get ready. I genuinely enjoyed being around Shane; but I knew he was no Jack.

A sudden pang of guilt hit me. What was I doing? I was doing what Nancy was doing; using him; when my interests were elsewhere; the same place where her interests had once resided. I was being stupid... I’m not usually stupid. I was being sucked into the popular group’s antics, and I hated myself for it. I couldn’t seem to help it.

But now I’d gone in too deep; I couldn’t cancel this date. It would hurt him; maybe I can give it a try... Maybe I’ll enjoy it? Maybe I’ll finally get over these hurtful feelings I have for Jack, and feel something for Shane...

Snap back to reality Katerina. It’s not that easy.

Well I will give it a go. Then I’ll be honest with him. I’ll tell him that I only want to be friends with him. Because we don’t have the chemistry I feel with Jack. But I’ll leave that minor detail out. I don’t want to push him to suicide or depression; something bad anyway.

I slowly walked down stairs, and found my parents in the living room snuggled up to each other. If I could find love like theirs, I honestly reckon I’d be one of the happiest girls alive. Apparently it was love at first sight for them. They had a fairytale relationship; not once splitting up, making it through university... They were high school sweethearts, and they were rare.

“Oh honey you look beautiful.” My mum gushed, and I smiled appreciatively. “Thanks mum.” My dad looked at me oddly. “This boy...”

“Shane Abbots.”

“What are his intentions?”

“Excuse me?”

“His intentions?”

“He... Wants to go on a date... With me?”

“Are you sure it’s nothing more?”

“DAD!”

They both laughed heartily at my embarrassment. “Because if it is... Make sure you use contraception... I don’t want any baby Jacobs just yet; I’m too young to be a grandpa.” My dad finished, and I was now incredibly embarrassed.

A knock on the door gave me the opportunity to dash out of the room. Shane stood there, with a radiant looking smile on his face. “Are you ready?” I sighed. “My dad wants to... Meet you.” I grumbled. His face paled even more than usual. “He’s already met me?” He said quietly. “He wishes to ‘formally introduce the guy taking his little girl on a date’.” I said, quoting my dad’s exact words earlier.

He nodded once, and walked into the living room timidly. I immediately spotted a difference between him and Jack. Jack would have walked into that room full of confidence and pride; Shane looked scared my dad was going to smack him one. I knew my dad didn’t like weak, timid boys.

My dad eyed him sceptically. “Tell me Shane, do you work out?” Shane looked taken back by the question, and I smacked my forehead. Here we go.

“Um, yes?”

“Eat the right foods?”

“Yeah...”

“Treat girl’s right?”

“Yes?”

“Are you a virgin?”

I gasped, and stepped between them. “That’s enough dad!” I said sternly, while Shane’s face blushed as red as a tomato. “We’re going to leave now; and forget you just asked that; ok?” I said, and my parents nodded with innocent smiles.

I’d never seen Shane run so fast. He literally ran out of my house when we were out of view of my parents. “I actually can’t believe your dad just asked me that.” I just shook my head and buried it in my hands, before burying it shamefully in my hands.

Raven Jones:

“Is Katerina ignoring me Raven? She’s not answering my texts.” Jack asked thoughtfully, obviously not happy that she wasn’t replying to him. “Oh, that’s probably because she’s on a date.” I accidentally on purpose let slip. I pretended it was an accident, and clamped a hand over my mouth. “I shouldn’t have told you that...” I whispered. They all looked like they’d bought the lie; except one- and that was Alex; who could see right through me.

He said nothing though.

“Who is she on a date with?” He asked through gritted teeth. “I’m not sure I should say-”

“Tell me!” He demanded angrily. “Sheesh calm it Kermit! She’s on a date with Shane!” I exclaimed. His eyes narrowed demonically. He didn’t look amused. “Where is he taking her?” He hissed. I shrugged. “Liar.” He growled; and I held my hands up in defeat. “The fancy restaurant beside school...” Before I could comprehend, Jack had grabbed the keys to his car and was storming outside.

I looked at the remaining three boys. Rian and Zack started talking in hushed voices, and Alex approached me. “What did you do?”

“What did I do? What did you do?!”

“I told Jack to make Katerina jealous!”

“IDIOT! I told Katerina to make Jack jealous!”

We both smacked our foreheads, and looked at each other glumly; before speaking simultaneously:

“What the hell have we done?”

Katerina Jacobs:

“Are you enjoying your meal?” The waiter asked us, and we both nodded with a small smile. He smiled in returned, before scurrying away. “That’s the fourth time in half an hour he’s asked that.” Shane said, laughing slightly. “I think he wants a huge tip. Or he really fancies you.” I winked, and he choked on his food. I snorted with laughter at his bright red face.

And then he froze when something behind him caught his eye. “What’s wrong?” He didn’t have time to answer when Jack Barakat stormed into view.

“What the fuck?!”

“What are you doing here?!” I hissed, standing up to face him. “Why am I here? Why are you here? On a date with him?!” He asked agitatedly. “Well, after what I’ve heard from him; I’d rather be in his presence than yours.” I spat angrily back at him.

“What the hell is that suppose to mean?!”

“Nancy Drew?!”

He went to say something, but bit his tongue; ultimately holding it back. “Say no more. Leave us alone Jack.” He swore, and cursed Alex... This confused me. Why did he curse Alex?

“Talk to me outside. NOW.” It wasn’t an option, it was a demand. I sent an apologetic look to Shane, and trailed behind Jack.

Once outside, we fell into an awkward silence. “You wanted to talk; so fucking talk!” I exclaimed. “It wasn’t me.” He told me quietly. “What?”

“I wasn’t the one who screwed Nancy Drew.” He looked me dead in the eye. “Oh, so it was a leprechaun or something then? Cut the crap Jack.”

“Trust me on this!”

“Trust you? Are you mad?”

He sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. “You can’t tell Shane this. Promise me.” He looked at me seriously, and I reluctantly nodded. “It was Alex who was fucking around with Nancy Drew; Katerina. Not me.” He told me, and I frowned. “Why does he think it was you?”

“Because I covered for Alex.”

I gasped. It all fell into place! It was definitely something Alex would do. I suddenly felt so stupid for even thinking Jack would do that... “Oh God Jack... I’m so sorry. I didn’t even think to ask you... I don’t even know why I’m on this date; it’s a failed attempt to make-” I shut my mouth, knowing I’d said too much.

“Apology accepted. Now failed attempt to make what?” He urged me to continue, and I bowed my head shamefully. “Failed attempt to make you jealous. Raven’s idea.” I muttered, cursing Raven. She was going to die next time I saw her.

But I didn’t expect the reaction I received. He started to laugh; laugh really hard. It took him 10 minutes to finally calm down. “Alex told me to flirt with Allyson Williams today to make YOU jealous!” He cried; and we realised that we’d both been incredibly immature. “We’re such idiots!” I exclaimed, giggling slightly.

“However, it wasn’t a failed attempt; I was completely jealous when I heard you were on this date.” He said seriously. “Why?” I whispered. “Why?” He mimicked me, laughing slightly.

“Because Katerina,” he stepped closer.

“I really,” he stepped closer again.

“Fucking,” He pressed me up against the wall, with his arms either side of the wall, preventing my escape.

“Like you.” He finally whispered; before planting his lips softly on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey yall, just remember this is a alex story too ;) Who said its kat and jack forever? Well my name is Liz, and I'm a story changer ;D go alex