Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

A Little Piece of Heaven

She tried to kill herself.

That one little sentence kept repeating itself over and over again in my head every time it was silent. Which meant as I laid here pretending to be asleep was constant. Lil wasn’t sleeping either, she hadn’t really since Jimmy had stopped sleeping with us.

I was losing her.

He was replacing me.

And there’s nothing I can do to stop it.

My heart squeezed painfully in my chest as my eyes began to fill with tears. I had to get out before Lil realized I was upset. She would start asking questions I didn’t have answers to. Carefully I climbed out of bed. No sooner had my feet hit the floor then I heard Lil.

She had turned to face me. “Where are you going?”

I was finding it exceedingly difficult to lie with every passing day. I let out a soft sigh preparing myself for the argument I knew was coming. “You need to sleep.”

“Who says I’m not?”

I just looked at her with the ‘I’m not stupid’ look plastered on my face. “Bullshit.”

Lil gave me a half smile and even that looked like it took more energy then she had.

“I’m going to get Jimmy. I’ll be back.” I quickly slid out of the room before she could even think of uttering a protest. Of course right outside our door was Cory.

Immediately she was standing on full alert. “What’s wrong?”

“Lil isn’t sleeping so I’m getting what will help her.”

“Herbal tea?”

I shook my head no. “Jimmy.”

Cory’s brows knitted together in concentration. “Jimmy?”

I nodded slowly. “I know you don’t approve but he helps her.” My voice turned sad and shallow. “More than I do anymore.”

Cory hugged me. “It’s the way it’s meant to be. You two couldn’t stay together forever.”

I wanted to argue that it shouldn’t have to be. That this all wasn’t fair. That I, we, should have had a choice in all of this. But I didn’t. We didn’t. Our destiny was planned out before our birth.

Disengaging from my hug with Cory I made my way down the hallway. I walked past the two rooms I knew wondering if the men who they belonged to were still awake. I could hear the sounds of shooting coming from what was most likely Matt’s room; no doubt he was playing Black Ops. Johnny’s room was eerily silent and I didn’t want to think about what he was doing, hopefully sleeping. That left the one room I needed.

I was about to knock on the door when it opened revealing a shirtless Jimmy. “Whatcha need Holy girl?”

“Not me, Lil.”

That had his attention. His eyes immediately snapped up above my head like he could see her through the walls or something. I grabbed a hold of his arm as he went to push past me on his way to her. He glared at me for a second before catching himself. “What’s wrong?”

Once I was sure he wasn’t going to sprint away I let go of his arm. “She needs you.”

Jimmy stared down at me like I had five heads or something. “What?”

“She hasn’t really slept since you left and she’s exhausted. I use to be enough but I’m not anymore.” I swallowed back the unreasonable hurt hoping it didn’t show on my face.

Worry filled his face and I knew it had everything to do with Lil and not because she was his charge. “You think that’s why…”

I shook my head as his sentence trailed off knowing what he meant. “In part but not entirely, so please just go take care of my sister.”

“Cory?”

“Taken care of.”

He nodded and started to walk way.

“Jimmy.” I called after him.

He stopped and turned back to look at me. “If nothing else works try singing. It used to work when we were little and from what I’ve heard you have a beautiful voice.”

He gave me this silly half grin and nodded before heading back down the hallway, back to Lil.

What to do, what to do?

I found myself wandering down a corridor I had never been down before. From the looks of it, it wasn’t used much. There was dust on the floor causing me to leave footprints in my wake as I ducked the cobwebs that hung from the ceiling. I felt like I was in some kind of castle and the little girl inside immediately made me the princess.

I hesitated as the light started to fade into the blackness. I turned looking back towards the light as almost every fiber of my being screamed for me to go back. But I didn’t want to go back, not right now. I didn’t want to face Lil and my replacement, Jimmy. For the first time in my life I wanted to be alone.

Taking a deep breath I forced myself into the darkness. I pulled out the Zippo Lil had given me from the pocket of my sweat pants. It wasn’t a whole lot of light but it was enough to keep me from falling and hurting myself.

The hallway seemed to go on forever, twisting and turning every so many feet. Cold air hit my feet causing me to jump a little. Slowly I made my way towards where it was coming from. I frowned as I walked up to a solid looking wall. I ran my hand over it looking for a handle or notch or something.

I searched blindly for five minutes before I felt it. It was a slightly smoother section of the wall no bigger than a credit card. I pushed it in and jumped back as the wall groaned in protest. I could see a narrow slit of light from where the door had opened a crack. Thanks to my new strength I was able to push it open.

Cold air slapped me in the face causing tears to roll down my cheeks. I had found a secret escape path. As soon as I could see I started jumping up and down like a little kid on Christmas. As far as I could see everything was covered in a beautiful white blanket of snow.

“Snow!” I squealed as I raced outside and into it ignoring the way the coldness bit at my feet and arms. I loved snow, LOVED IT! The moon made it shimmer as if made of silver flakes instead of frozen water. And because of it being a full moon shining on snow it wasn’t that dark outside. I could be out here without having a complete panic attack.

Reaching down I picked up two handfuls of snow and tossed it into the air. I twirled around my head lifted towards the heavens as laughter bubbled out of me disturbing the silence of the mountain. I was so lost in my own little world I didn’t realize I was no longer alone.

Brian’s POV

I’ve never seen anything more beautiful in my entire existence. I thought as I watched her twirl about in the snow.

I had been lying in my bed thinking about the only thing I could seem to think of lately, Seraphina when I could have sworn my day dreams had started to fuck with my ears. I must have it fucking bad if I’m hearing her too. But then I had heard Jimmy’s big mouth and knew sure as fuck I wouldn’t be imagining that fucker.

So my pathetic ass had gotten out of bed and peeked out the door like a little kid trying to catch Santa or some shit like that. Whatever they were talking about was making Sera sad, of course she was trying to hide it. I knew the Rev had no idea she was upset, you wouldn’t unless you knew her. Or watched her like a love sick puppy.

Dude what the fuck has happened to me? I’m a mother fucking badass demon that is very high up on the hell food chain. I shouldn’t be noticing that an angel always smiles a little too wide when she’s forcing it. I snapped out of it when Jimmy walked by no doubt on his way to Mulan. I had expected Sera to follow but instead she turned and headed the other direction.

She headed towards one of the emergency escape tunnels that littered our home. Without thinking I followed her silently in my shadow form so she wouldn’t realize I was there. I watched indecision war on her beautiful face as she reached the point where the light stopped and the darkness started.

Again she surprised me by heading forward, and damn I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t proud of her. Lighter in hand she cautiously made her way down the tunnel never once checking to see if she was alone. I found myself smiling again when she figured out the secret door built into the wall.

The moment the door opened she had flung herself outside without checking for danger. I had planned to materialize to scold her for her carelessness when she had turned back towards me.

Laughter danced in her eyes as her wide smile blinded me. I had never seen her so happy, and all because of a little snow. I couldn’t bring myself to ruin her joy and so I stayed in my shadow form watching her dance and play in the snow.

Seraphina was so delicate, so innocent, so pure. She was honest and kind, everything good and right in this world, wrapped into human form. I didn’t deserve her. I would taint her. I knew this.

I was a creature of fire and brimstone who lived off others pain and torment. I knew nothing of kindness or heaven.

But watching her now I couldn’t help but think that maybe I had just found that, my little piece of heaven.

Sera’s POV

I played in the snow until my lips turned blue and I couldn’t stop shivering. Guess we’d find out for sure if the Johnny was right about the whole human illness’ going out the window for us now. I hurried back inside pulling the door closed behind me, not an easy task just let me tell you.

It never ceased to amaze me how the little things were the ones that could change your entire mood. I felt better than I had in days, so good that I practically danced back down the corridor. I slowed once I reached the entrance to the main hallway. Where was I going to go now? I frowned as I realized I would most likely be chilling on the couch again. Too bad Zacky and Brian were both asleep.

As if just thinking his name could make him appear Brian opened his door and stepped out. As always he was as gorgeous as ever. Instantly his piercing brown eyes pinned me in my spot. “Shouldn’t you be asleep?”

I blushed for absolutely no reason. “Oh..I…uhhhh….Jimmy’s in there and I uhhh want to give them some privacy.”

Brian raised a dark brow as a cocky grin tipped his lips.

“NOT LIKE THAT!” I hissed in horror as I realized what he was thinking.

Brian of course just laughed. “Well then seems like you need a place to sleep.”

I pushed the nonexistent dirt around on the floor. If nothing else they did keep this place remarkably clean. “I’m just gonna sleep on the couch.”

Brian pushed the door to his room open wider and stepped back. “Like hell you are.” He motioned to his room with the sweeping of his arm. “After you.”

“Thanks.” I went in without being told twice. I looked around not sure of what to do now. I didn’t want to sit down, I was soaked.

Brian must have realized my dilemma. He went over to his closet digging out a long sleeve tee and handing it to me. “Go get a shower, just looking at you makes me cold.”

It would have sounded mean if it wasn’t for the smile on his face and so once again I did what I was told. When I came out only the light on his nightstand was on and he was already in bed. I crawled under the covers without him saying a word. The warmth of the shower had made me incredibly sleepy.

As soon as I was under the covers he pulled me to him and I greedily snuggled into his warmth. “Goodnight Brian.” I mumbled sleepily.

“Goodnight Dashuria Ime.” Brian whispered against my ear before placing a kiss to the hollow of my neck, you know the spot where it meets your shoulder.
I wanted to ask him what dashuria ime meant but sleep overcame me suddenly, and I gladly gave in to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: A Little Piece of Heaven-Avenged Sevenfold