Status: Completed!

The Real Story of Heaven and Hell

It's An Angel Thing

So this is what it feels like to have your world turned upside down. Everything was wrong and would never be right again. Grandfather is gone. Lil is evil and I’m the freakin child of God. I followed Jimmy and Lil quietly, lost in my thoughts, something that happens a lot.

I ate silently as Lil and Jimmy talked. I felt so lost. I was an angel, and demons killed my Grandfather trying to get to me. I always believed in God and the devil but I never dreamed I was freakin related to them. I mean if they were real real, then what else was?

I followed Jimmy and Lil out of the kitchen. For the millionth time I wished I was more like her. She seemed to be handling this okay while I was one missed blink away from crying my eyes out. I jumped when I felt a strong hand grab a hold of me, holding me still.

I looked up at Zacky, my angel. Who would have thought I’d say that and mean it literally? His green eyes immediately captured my attention. They were the prettiest shade I had ever seen and right now they were filled with concern.

“Nothing is going to happen to you, I promise.”

“I’m not worried about me.” I said looking down the hall to where my sister had disappeared. “Grandfather already died because of me, I can’t lose her too.” That was my biggest fear. I would die without Lil, she was my savior in more ways then she knew.

He pulled me into his embrace, his arms wrapping me up in a sense of safety and security I hadn’t been expecting. Traitorous tears leaked down my cheeks dampening his black tee. He held me silently letting me fall apart in his arms. When my sobs turned quiet he lifted my head up to look at him. He gave me a small grin and I swear I had never seen a hotter guy. “Feel better?”

I nodded up at him weakly.

His grin turned into a smile I swear could melt any girl’s heart. “Good. Now let’s get you a shower.”

I followed him back into the room I had woken up in. It was done in different shades of blue and silvers. It had the feeling of an open airy space when it clearly wasn’t. I felt some of the tension leaving me, being replaced with calm. “Who’s room is this?”

Zacky sat down on the huge bed that was in the middle of the room. “Mine.”

I blushed realizing I had slept in his bed. Okay I was borderline unconscious, but still. “You didn’t need to give up your bed for me.”

His green eyes tracked me as I walked around his room. “What kind of guardian would I be if I didn’t take care of you?”

I ended up standing in front of him frowning at the bandage on his neck. I winced, I had done that. It would have been better to let him hurt me then to raise a hand in violence. I blinked. Where the hell did that thought come from? His eyes locked on to mine as I reached out to stroke my fingers over it. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have hurt you. Violence is wrong.”

Zacky’s eyes sparkled with amusement. “Definitely the God twin.”

“Can I see it?” I asked fighting the urge to just remove the bandage.

He reached up removing the bandage so I could see firsthand the damage I had caused. The skin was black and blue around a scab of what was a perfect bite mark. It had to have hurt. Guilt kicked me hard in the gut. I needed to make this better. No sooner had I thought that then I felt a warmth flowing from my center up my body, down my arm, and out my finger tips.

It only lasted a moment but when I moved my hand away the mark was gone. “Holy shit.” I breathed. He was healed! “Did…did I do that?”

Zacky reached up and touched his now healed neck. He looked up at me beaming like a proud parent of a gifted child. “You have the gift of healing as well.” His voice held a slight awe to it and it made me uncomfortable.

I stepped away rubbing my hand against my leg like I had touched something dirty. I tried to process this new twist to my messed up life. Yep you heard me, messed up. Tell me if you were me you wouldn’t be thinking the same thing?

At least I have a hot guardian.

I wanted to smack myself. That should be something I didn’t even realize right now. “I need a shower.” I blurted as I turned and headed into the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind me.

I realized I felt much more like myself now that I had my nice hot shower. Only one problem. I glared at my filthy clothes; no way was I putting them back on. If anything they looked like they should be burned. What now?! I was going to have to ask for something to wear. I groaned.

Taking a deep breath I wrapped the large soft towel around my body tightly. I paused as my hand wrapped around the handle of the bathroom door.

I can do this I can do this I can do this I can do this.

I turned the door handle and stepped into the room. “Zacky?”

“He had to run an errand, he’ll be back.”

I jumped at the new voice, lying on the bed was my other guardian Brian. His hands were behind his head, a grey fedora covering his face. He sounded bored.

“Oh.” Yeah that was my ingenious response. In my defense I was standing…in a towel…in front of one of the hottest guys I had ever seen.

He lifted his hat off his face and rolled his head to the side so he was looking at me. The grin he gave me had me blushing bright red. I ended up staring at my toes and insanely wishing I had painted them recently…they looked horrible. “I…uhhh…don’t have anything clean to wear.”

My head snapped up as I heard him get up off the bed. I couldn’t breathe as he walked over to me all stealth lethal grace. Danger and sin radiated from him, yep definitely a demon. A really, really hot one. His chocolate brown eyes bored into mine as he grabbed a hold of the hem of his shirt and pulled it up over his head.

Whoa momma.

I gaped at his bare torso. He had a trim waist, flat stomach, wide shoulders, and really nice fully tattooed arms. “What..what are you doing?” I stumbled over my words as he moved closer to me.

He stopped a frown gracing his perfect lips for a brief second. “You need something to wear.” He answered simply as he held out his shirt to me.

I looked from him down to his shirt and back up to him. “Thanks.” I gave him a genuine smile as I took his shirt from him.

“Welcome.” He said before turning his back to me.

Quickly I pulled his shirt over my head and let the towel fall to the floor. No sooner had it hit the floor then he turned back around, his eyes darkening ever so slightly. There was a strange look in them that I didn’t understand. No one had ever looked at me like that before.

I frowned looking down at myself. Had I done something wrong? Did I have it on backwards? “What?” I asked confused.

With a shake of his head the look was gone. His beautiful chocolate eyes were cold again. “Nothing.”

“Soooo.” I drawled out not knowing what else to say.

Syn placed his hands in his back pocket. “You like movies?”

I smiled. “Love them.”

“Then let’s head to the den.” He said before holding out his hand to me.

I took it maybe a little too eagerly. “Lead the way.”

He led me through a maze of tunnels until we reached a rather large room filled with leather couches and chairs. The walls were black granite that almost sparkled when the soft light in the room hit it. Brian led me over to one of the couches and sprawled out.

I sat beside him, the darkness of the room keeping me close by his side.

He looked over at me frowning; I guess he sensed my discomfort. “What’s wrong?”

I opened my mouth to answer only to hear Zacky’s voice. “She doesn’t like the dark.”

I smiled up at Zacky glad to see him. His smile alone could put my nerves at ease. “How’d you know?”

Zacky put down the bags he had been carrying and took a seat beside me. “It’s an angel thing. We’re kinda partial to the light.”

“Oh. That makes sense I guess.” Strange thing was it really did. At least now I knew I wasn’t crazy…I was just a child of God. I groaned. Both of my guardians just looked at me. “Nothing.” I waved them off.

Shortly after Zacky put a movie in I found myself yawning. Guess I was still feeling the effects of the drugs.

“Go ahead and lay down Sera.” Zacky urged when he caught me in the middle of one. I lay down carefully, using his thigh as a pillow. I was bent a little uncomfortably until Brian grabbed a hold of my feet and placed them in his lap. He had a strange look in his eyes again. Another one I didn’t recognize.

He turned his attention from me back to the tv and I decided not to try to figure it out. I did however wonder where Lil was. Just as I was about to get up and find her she walked into the room flanked by Matt and Jimmy. I frowned as I looked at her. Something had happened, I could tell. She quickly gave me the ‘later’ look and I nodded my understanding.

You better believe as soon as we were alone I was finding out.