Status: Finished :)

Things Will Never Be the Same

Feeling Good

Sierra’s Point of View

“So that makes Albert and Victoria third cousins.” I babbled as Marie and I watched Young Victoria. I scrunched up my face.
“You know until the day she died she laid out his outfit.”
“That’s really sad.”
“That’s how in love they were.” I smiled, we were history buffs. We were sprawled out on the couch both legs rests out. I was in Jacob’s black shirt and my smiley face shorts.
“He is really good looking though.” Marie gushed about Prince Albert.
“I like him better in Pride and Prejudice. He played Wickham, by far my favourite.” We laughed. Jacob and the pack were out, while Sam and Emily spent the day together. Dad was out shopping so Marie and I just spent the day in. Lily was coming over later with Pride and Prejudice. I absentmindly played with the necklace Jacob had given me. The funeral was about a week ago, it was utterly sad. I left with my dad half way through because I was crying so much. We stood outside till they were ready to go to the graveyard, were I proceeded to cry more. I was done with the crying for a good long while. After that we went back to my Grandmas and the family hung out. It was nice seeing everyone again despite the circumstances. After that things went back to seemingly normal, except that I still worried about Grams.
“School starts soon.” I groaned as Marie and Lily laughed.
“At least I don’t need my English, I hated taking English with a teacher. I finished my Grade 12 English last year.” They laughed as my Dad and uncle walked in, followed by Paul, Dan and Jacob. I slid into the kitchen on my wheelie chair.
“I smell cookies!” I jumped off my chair to grab them as Dan wrapped his arms around my waist.
“No! My cookies!”
“Share!”
“Aunt Lily is perfectly capable of making chocolate chip cookies.” I pushed him away and grabbed the last couple cookies shoving one in my mouth.
“Ha!” I muffled with my mouth full.
“Oh yeah, that’s totally what Jacob sees in you.” I glared at him and swallowed my cookie.
“When you get a girlfriend I’m telling her all the embarrassing stories and showing her the pictures.” He glared at me, he was jealous that he couldn’t do that. I sat on Jacob’s lap while Paul flipped through the TV. Paul turned his attention on Jacob and I, like he always did. I felt uncomfortable with him staring at me, like he knew something. His face widened with his grin.
“Paul, you are starting to creep me the fuck out.” He laughed. I let Jacob up because his Dad called his cell phone.
“Well when we were patrolling Jacob let some very interesting things slip.” I blushed, I swear I was redder than a tomatoes.
“I really dislike you!” I threw a pillow at him. He laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world, he lived to embarrass me.
“Can I see something?” I nodded unsure. He tackled me on the couch and pulled down the collar of the shirt.
“Great placement!” I groaned as the air was knocked out of me. He was talking about the hickey that was on my shoulder, he only thinks its good placement cause my dad can’t see it.
“Paul you hippo get off!” He rolled off on to the floor. I got up and walked into the kitchen to grab an ice tea.
“Dan, Sierra your cousins Max and Lena are coming out.” Dan and I protested quite loudly.
“Why? They are so mean, and boring.”
“Lena’s a whore.” I shoved a cookie in my mouth as Lily scolded me.
“I’m busy that day!” Dan and I yelled. We glared at each other.
“What are you doing?”
“Besides Jacob.” Paul mumbled under his breath so only I could hear.
“I’m ..going school shopping.” I thought on my toes, Dan narrowed his eyes at me.
“Oh shoot, that’s right.” Marie spoke up, I told her about Lena and Max. I’m glad she understood.
“Yeah, I’m taking her school clothes shopping, it’s our bonding time.” She wrapped her arm around me shoulder and smiled big and so did I. My dad and Uncle were holding back laughs, the only one who tried to be nice was Lily.
“Well then Dan maybe they can hang out with you and your friends.” I grumbled, I didn’t want Lena around Jacob or Paul, although I was assured since Paul imprinted on Jacob’s sister.
“Awe, mom why? She hits on everything that moves” Lily glared at Dan.
“Anyways, we are having the pack dinner at our place.. I assume you’ll be there Sierra?” Lily looked at me.
“Don’t assume, then you’ll be making an ass out-”
“of me and you .. yeah yeah..” I laughed. Paul and Jacob left due to other errands that Sam needed done, so I was left with Dan.
“So what was with Paul attacking you about today?” I turned to his TV screen and concentrated extra hard on the game of Call of Duty we were playing. You could hear Michael Buble blare from the kitchen.
“Dance with me! Dance the dance of life Sierra!” Dan grabbed my hand and we started dancing to Feeling Good. I laughed as we fake waltz.
“We need a tux, red dress and you need a cigar. Then we can be like on James Bond.” We laughed.
“You kids ready for your last year? Then you’ll be in the real world.”
“oooh, the real world. Then we’ll have jobs, and get married and have kids.” I waved my fingers like it was scary. Dan smirked at me.
“Shut up Daniel.” That set off our little wrestling match.

Jacob’s Point of View

“You two are going to hurt yourselves.”You could faintly hear Lily yelling.
“No- ah!” Paul pushed open the door and Dan and Sierra were on the floor. Sierra was rolling around laughing, Dan was holding his eye.
“How does that even happen.” Sierra talked with short breaths. It was cute how she finds even the smallest things funny.
“What happened?”
“I poked him in the eye when I was trying to move an eyelash.” Sierra sat up her hair was in a wild arrangement. She ran her fingers through it.
“Ow, ow. Stupid knots.” I smiled helping her up.
“How’d your day go?”
“Oh you know, Sam talking about the wedding blah blah.” She turned around in my arms facing the tv.
“Weddings are fun!” She smiled.
“Oh I know.” I whispered in her ear as I rested my head on her shoulder. She turned and glared at me mockingly.
“I didn’t mean that.”She smiled.
“Awe, you two are just so cute!” A flash happened and Sierra groaned.
“Lily...” Sierra whined.
“Don’t worry it’s only one, I’ll do it ten times worse when Dan get’s an imprint.” She whispered imprint. We both shared a laugh.
“and we can eat!” Jared busted through the door with Kim and the pack in tow.
“You get the impression he loves food more than me.” Kim laughed.
“Awe Kimmy bear! I wuv you.” Jared started kissing Kim all over her face.
“Okay, stop before even I throw up from cuteness.” Sierra pushed her way through them.
“Jealous!”
“Yes Jared, I’m jealous you’re kissing Kim. I’ve secretly been in love with her since I met her.” Sierra and Kim were laughing, she couldn’t even keep a straight face.
“Dude, I worry about your girlfriend.” Jared rested his hand on my shoulder.
“She’s perfect.”
“You are such a pain!” Dan yelled as we walked into the kitchen. Sierra was smiling with a fork in her mouth.
“Hey, you want it still?” She held it out to him.
“Ew, no.” We all looked at him. She smiled and shrugged. We all dished up and ended up sitting outside by the fire.
“I like the smell of fire.” Sierra commented as she roasted her marshmallow.
“It’s mostly because it’s warm and I hate being cold.” As on cue she shivered. I rolled my eyes and placed her in my lap that caused Paul to whistle.
“Fuck off.” Sierra muttered under her breath.
“No! It’s on fire!” She pulled her marshmallow out and started blowing on it furiously, I pulled the stick back and helped her.
“Awe.” She pouted but pulled it off anyways.
“Dan can you get me a napkin.” She held her hand out, it was all sticky from the marshmallow.

Sierra’s Point of View

I waited for Dan to get me napkin. I looked around the fire. Sam and Emily were practically in their own little world, it was honestly the greatest thing. They had so much love for each other, you could feel it radiate off of them. Dan handed me my napkin, I wiped my hand of to the best of my advantage. My mind wandered to the other night when Jake came over to have dinner so he could formally meet my dad and Marie.

“So what are your plans with my daughter?” Yeah, my dad made me sound like a product. Marie was a bit uncomfortable, I felt her pain.
“Well I plan to be with her for a long time. Maybe we’ll date for a while, maybe live together and eventually the possibility of marriage could come up.” Marie choked on her drink a little bit, while I swallowed slightly. If I could throw up butterflies then that was the perfect moment. I was actually dumbfounded because he’s known me what almost two months, we met in June plus we’ve only been dating for like a month. This was far beyond me, it scared me actually.

“Hello, is Sierra home?” Paul knocked on my head jokingly.
“Hmm?”
“Wow, I’ve been talking to you for the past five minutes.” I blushed lightly.
“Sorry.” He smiled and started telling me about how the pack is planning to go to the beach, and when he says the pack he also means the imprints. Eventually the night had to come to an end. I was staying at Jacob’s so Marie and dad could have their Friday night date.
“You were pretty zoned out there tonight.” Jacob laughed from the driver’s seat.
“I was deep in thought.”
“Oh, care to enlighten me on the mysteries of your mind?” Half the time he was on my mind but hey he didn’t need to know that, he probably did. I sat in silence for a bit, I didn’t really know if I wanted to tell him.
“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want too.” He put his truck in park and we walked up to the door.
“No, it’s fine. I was thinking about what you said at dinner.”
“What about it?”
“Did you really mean it?” I asked quietly, I really was scared. I was attached to Jacob, I genuinely liked being with him all the time. He made my days better.
“Of course I meant it, I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t.”
“You could have just been trying to please my dad.” I don’t even know why I’m fighting this.
“Hey look at me.” He put his hand on my cheek, running his thumb across it. “I Jacob Ephraim Black plan to be with you for a while, a very long while. I love being with you Sierra. You’re just so different, in a good way of course. You’re smart but you don’t flaunt it. You are beautiful whether you want to admit it or not. You have the biggest heart out of anyone I’ve ever met. You Sierra Delilah Chester are my imprint and regardless of that you and I are going to be together for years to come. I honestly do hope that one day we will be married but we can cross that bridge when it comes. I love you Sierra, nothing will change that.” God, my knees felt weak. No one has remotely even come close to ever saying something like that to me. A smile broke out across my face.
“Jacob I love you.” His smile masked mine. It felt good to say it, I was sure of what I felt. He’s said it before, but this time it was different. You could just feel that it was different. I was all tingly inside, from the emotion. I leaned up on my tippy toes meeting him halfway for a breath taking kiss.