Status: Finished :)

Things Will Never Be the Same

Shut Up Muggle

So I’ve been in La Push for about two weeks now and this place just gets weirder. First example: well I was up one night and decided to go for a walk, silly me I should know better. While I was walking back a huge ass wolf thing or a bear, it was dark I couldn’t tell, jumped out at me. I freaking lost it and ran back home. That was the end of my late night adventures. I mean it wouldn’t have been so scary if I wasn’t alone or scared of the dark, hey don’t judge. Second example, Sam, Paul and Jacob started avoiding me like the fucking plague. I am not even kidding. I finally told Paul I could come to the beach with them and he made up an excuse for me not to come. It even hurt a little because Jacob and I had gotten pretty close too. So I’m back to square one with the friend’s thing, because even when Jared, Quil and Embry are around they act weird too. Dan been pretty much normal except that he leaves at the oddest times.
“I still think you and Jacob would be cute or maybe even Paul. Hey, what do you think of Embry” Lily was busy baking cookies and still trying to set me up with one of the boys.
“Oh trust me I don’t think you’ll see me with them anytime soon.” I mumbled.
“Auntie am I weird or something, do I smell?” She laughed at me.
“No, I mean sure you come up some of the lamest jokes but no. Why?”
“It’s no special reason, I’m going to head to Grams” I shrugged and left towards my grandmothers. We were cleaning the study out today. We cleaned out tones of books, I even found my Harry Potter books I left there years ago. This one book had particularly caught my eye. It was aged, you could tell. It had a plain brown cover and the title was barely legible, that’s how faded the writing was. I flipped it open and the writing was perfectly fine, like new.
“Hey Gram can I have this one?” She looked at me.
“You’re interested in the Quileute legends?” I shrugged, the book just seemed cool. She nodded anyways. When I got home I took a quick shower and went out on the front porch to read in the hammock my dad put up. I started reading Harry Potter again though I started with Deathly Hallow because I wanted to see the movie in a couple days. I was at the part where Snape confesses everything about Lily and not to be dramatic but I had tears in my eyes.
“Really Harry Potter? Are those tears?” I looked up to see Dan with Jacob and Paul.
“Shut up, muggle.” He gasped dramatically. I rolled my eyes.
“What do you want?”
“Do you wan-”
“No because I am pretty sure I’d clear the room with how everyone has been avoiding me.” Paul and Jacob looked guiltily at the ground. Dan sighed.
“Don’t be like that Sierra, you don’t know everything.” I glared at him.
“Oh I’m sorry but you know I am a pretty good person to talk to. Someone could have said something. I mean it’s not like I came in here all intrusive. I mean if you didn’t wanna hang out with me you just could have said instead of making a stupid excuse up.” I closed my book and stalked into my room. I heard Dan mumble something as I closed the back door. I put down Harry Potter and started reading the book I got from Grams. It was alright, it was about werewolves and vampires, mostly werewolves. It talked about where they descended from, their enemies and their love lives. My thoughts were interrupted with a soft knock at my door, funny my dad never usually knocks.
“Uh, come in?” Jacob’s head popped in, his eyes still had that look of guilt. I sat up and beckoned him in.
“Hey.”
“What Jacob?” He sat down on my bed and ran his fingers through his hair. Was he really taking it this bad?
“I’m sorry for avoiding you. Something came up, I really wish I could tell you what but I can’t. Then work got hectic and I got busy.” I sighed, why can’t I stay mad at him?
“Jake, its fine. You should have just said that, I wouldn’t have mind. Sadly, I wasn’t busy. I was here bored and alone with no life.” I chuckled trying to make him feel better.
“I did miss hanging out with you though.” I smiled brightly.
“Keep this door open.” My look shot to my door way. My father was standing there with his arms crossed.
“Sorry, Mr. Chester. I didn’t mean anything by that I swear.” Jacob fumbled with his words.
“Okay dad I know.” I pushed my dad away and waited for him to walk back downstairs.
“Sorry bout that. I missed hanging out too.” I blushed lightly causing Jacob to chuckle.
“Do want to go see a movie tomorrow?” I gulped, did I just hear him right?
“Like a date?”
“It doesn’t have to be, I mean as much as I would like it too.” That caused him to blush lightly, he must not have meant to say that.
“ Honestly, I would love that Jacob.” He smiled greatly.
“That’s great, I’ll pick you up at 5.” I smiled and Jacob left. I did a little dance around my room happily, then fell asleep with a smile on your face.
“He what?!” Dan was shaking rapidly as I back away from him. I looked down, I didn’t think he’d be mad.
“Never mind I don’t want to talk about it.” I mumbled pulling my sleeves down and walking the opposite way. Dan grabbed my wrist and pulled me back harshly, he was glaring down at me. He was squeezing my wrist really hard it hurt.
“Don’t touch me like that. I’ll talk to you when you stop being such a jerk seriously. I like Jacob okay, he’s a nice guy. Can you just let me live a little?” I pulled my wrist out of his hand and walked away.
“Hey what’s-”
“Go away Paul I really don’t wanna talk to you.” I slammed my door leaving Paul looking shocked. Really? Who does Dan think he is, I can go on dates whenever I feel like it actually this is the second time I’ve actually let a guy get this close to me. I went home stalked up to my room and got lost in my new book. My phone started beeping telling me it was 3:30. I jumped in the shower and began getting ready for my date with Jacob. I stood there in my towel deciding what to wear, it was literally the last thing I had to do. My hair was curled slightly and I put on some light eye shadow and liner.
“I’m on my way.” I read Jacob’s text out loud.
“Fucking lord help me.” I threw on my black skinny jeans and my Captain America shirt and slipped my black low tops on. I sat on my bed for a bit then paced my room, what can I say I was nervous.
“Jacob’s here!” My dad grumbled from downstairs causing me to jump. I slipped my phone into my pocket and quickly walked downstairs. To my surprise Jacob hadn’t come to the door not that it bothered me, it meant that my dad couldn’t give the whole ‘protect my daughter speech’
“Bye dad! Love you!” I closed the door and jogged to his truck.
“Hey.” I smiled and got in. The ride was semi- quiet for a while besides the buzz of the radio. We started talking but I was too scared to look at him directly, plus the events earlier today were replaying in my head. I turned to talk to Jacob when I noticed his eye.
“Holy fuck, what happened to your eye?” Oh, that sounds really mean.

Jacob’s Point of View

I chuckled when she covered her mouth, I didn’t really think Dan hit me that hard. I shrugged not looking at her.
“It was nothing.” I saw her turn to me and she just stared at me.
“Lier.” I sighed, I clenched the steering wheel. While running patrol Dan’s little replay may or may not have angered me a little. I didn’t him or anything that was all him.
“Dan hit me.” She looked at me wide eyed. I pulled into the theatre parking lot.
“I quote ‘I told you to stay away from her’” I undid my seatbelt and hopped out to open her door.

Regular Point Of View

I’m gonna kill Dan, no doubt about that. Who was he to say that really?
“Let me see.” I took his face in my hands looking at his eye, it looked like it started to heal already. I ran my thumb over it gently, he didn’t flinch. I looked into his eyes and got totally lost.
“Doesn’t it hurt?” I let my hands drop awkwardly.
“Nope, Dan’s not that strong.” I rubbed my wrist subconsciously, that was his opinion. I smiled. Jacob grabbed my wrist.
“What happened?” I bit my lip debating if I should tell him the truth, it would only be fair.
“Dan got a little upset when I told him why I couldn’t hang out with him tonight. It was kind of scary he was shaking so I started walking away then he grabbed my wrist. “ Jacob stiffened and clenched his fist.
“Jake it’s fine, I’m okay.” I smiled softly grabbing his hand.
“Now let’s go before all the movies start.” I smiled and pulled him along, I had a feeling he wouldn’t let it go. We had decided on seeing Harry Potter, well I practically begged Jake too. I loved it, I laughed and cried.
“I can’t believe you cried.” Jacob laughed as we walked out of the theatre.
“Shut up! We grew up with it and I read the books I was attached.” He smiled. I shivered and pulled my arms around myself, I regret not bringing a sweater.
“Here.” Jacob was holding his gray hoodie out to me.
“Won’t you be cold?” He shook his head I took it and slipped it on. It was super warm, but I was still cold.
“Trust me you’ll need it more than me.” We got in the truck and I was still cold, I think I may have caught a chill. It was really cold in the theatre and the outside air wasn’t helping. We drove away and I just couldn’t get warm.
“Come here.” I looked at Jacob as he tapped the spot beside him. I raised my brow at him.
“It’ll be warmer.” I sighed giving in, I slid over and he put his arm around me. Warmth enveloped me and I sighed in content.
“My god you’re warm.” He chuckled.
“Seriously though you’d be handy in the winter.” I chuckled. We talked quite a bit, he just started working in the Auto shop. I let him go on about that, he was so happy talking about it.
“Am I boring you?’ I looked up, he really wasn’t.
“No, why?”
“Your eyes were closing.” I blushed, thank god it was dark.
“I’m sorry, today has just been so long.” He didn’t say anything he just smiled at me and continued driving. I leaned my head against his shoulder and I was out.

Jacob’s Point Of View

I could hear her breathing slow into a rhythm I knew she fell asleep, she looked really drained you could tell she hated fighting with people. I drove the rest of the way lost in my thought. When I finally got back to her house I didn’t want to wake her up. I decided on just carrying her up to her room. I gently slid out of the truck and picked her up bridle style. She cuddled into me and her breath was on my neck, she wasn’t even aware of the effect she had on me.
“What do you think you’re doing?” Her father opened the door, his eyes softened at the sight of her.
“She fell asleep in the truck, she looked so peacefully I didn’t want to wake her up.” He smiled.
“You’re alright Black, any other guy would have woken her up.” I smiled. He let me take her up to her room. I put her on her bed and pulled her blankets off.