Status: in progress..

Never Say Never

Seventeen.

"Hi, Grandpa!" I said with my happiest smile

I quickly rose to my feet, Vinnie Mac didn't look too happy to see me in here.

"Joanna, what the hell are you doing in Randy's dressing room? Hiding behind a couch, no less!"

"Um. Well, we're friends."

"Oh, are you?"

"Yeah. Oh, you know how you always say the WWE is a family. I was just making Randy feel welcome."

"Were you now?" Grandpa asked as Randy put his hand over his face. I quickly realized how horrible that sounds

"Wait- that sounds wrong. I mean--oh, you know what I mean."

"Sure I do" Grandpa sarcastically agreed. "Your shorts are unbuttoned"

my face turned a bright shade of pink as I quickly buttoned them. this wasn't good.

"Mr. McMahon, I can-" Randy started

"Orton, are you sleeping with my granddaughter?"

"it's not like that-"

"oh? please, explain how it is. correct me if I'm wrong, you're 24?"

"uh huh."

"Joanna will be 17 in two weeks. you know that?"

"yes sir"

"grandpa-" I tried to cut in

"so, go ahead Orton, explain"

Randy looked at me and I looked at him. I didn't like where this was going. I was about ready to say anything, even to make myself look stupid as long as randy could keep his job.

"Joanna's my girlfriend, boss" Randy said proudly

"Oh, is she?"

"and if you or hunter aren't okay with that and I'm gonna get fired then-"

"oh shut up, Orton" Grandpa silenced him. "I decided you're harmless enough. bad attitude but harmless"

"so Randy's not fired?!"

"No, he's not. to tell you the truth, I care more about Orton being the front runner of my company in 5 years than who he's dating, even if it is you."

thanks a lot grandpa. "But know this" He started talking again, "when your father finds out, all hell will break loose"

"You won't tell him, right?"

"No, that's your job and you know it. besides, I need my wrestlers healthy."

And with that, Grandpa walked out the door. I fell back on the couch in relief

"I thought you were fired"

"you and me both" Randy says, taking a seat next to me

"what were you gonna say? when you thought he was firing you?"

"I was gonna tell him I didn't care"

"But you do."

"I know. but to be with you.."

I give Randy a smile and crawl onto his lap, giving him a kiss. "you can be really sweet when you wanna be, you know that?"

"mmhm" he agrees, kissing my cheek

"so what's on the agenda tonight?"

"I have a tag match with Shawn, against your dad and Ric. I also have a very fast backstagepromowithstacy."

even though he said it fast, I knew exactly what he said. "ugh, I hate that stupid slut"

"I know, but you have to be nice."

"it's hard to be nice when she's throwing herself at you every chance she gets. it's borderline sexual harassment"

Randy started to laugh. "Vince said I'm a man and to just deal with it. What kind of a man can't deal with a woman coming on to him? An attractive one at that-his words, not mine."

"You don't think she's hot, do you?"

"You know I only like brunettes" Randy grinned

I grinned back at him and there was another knock at the door. I jumped but before Randy could ask who it was, we heard Cody's voice, letting us know it was him.

"I am king." Cody said as he came in, taking a seat on the other couch

Randy and I looked at him and rolled our eyes, "How are you king?"

"I slept with one of the hottest diva's ever" He smiled proudly

"No you didn't." Randy laughed, "not no way."

"unless you consider somebody like Amy Weber or Rochelle Loewen hot." I laughed

Randy laughed also. Truth is, the two of them have accused him of harassment over the past few months, which is ridiculous. They both liked him, he turned them both down, very harshly, but still...turned them down. now they've spreaded lies which would be believable if you didn't know the real Randy.

"Don't insult me." Cody laughed

"Who is it then?" Randy asked

"Christy Hemme."

"Nu uh!" Me and Randy yelled at the same time

"Oh yes." Cody tossed his cell phone our way and I grabbed it. going through his pictures, there was a few of him and Christy. The little bastard wasn't lying.

"You two look completely trashed." Randy said, tossing his phone back to him

"It still happened!"

Randy is so gonna tease Christy about this later. I knew Randy had to start getting ready but that was alright cause I wanted to talk to Vinnie Mac.

"I should go so you can get ready."

"Yes." Randy snakes an arm around my waist, "Because you're definitely a distraction"

Randy goes to kiss me but we hear Cody groan; "argh. Get a room!" Randy just glares at Cody, "nevermind!"

"Keep the skank at bay and please be careful" I say referring to his head

"I'll try. tell your dad to take it easy on me." Randy gives me a kiss then me and Cody are out the door

"Whats wrong with him?"

"He has a concussion." I tell Codes, "Ill meet you in the crowd, gotta talk to my grandpa."

"Okay."

I go my separate ways with Cody and head for my grandpa's office. I had a feeling this was going to be big.

"Got a minute, Vinnie Mac?"

"For you? Of course." Gramps gestures for me to have a seat, "what can I do for ya."

"Ive been doing some scouting."

"Oh, have you? What have I told you about watching other wrestling promotions?"

Since I was a small child, i was always told about never watching anything other than WWE. I never listened. Cody used to record WCW for me and I recorded WWE for him, there was also a time when Cody wasn't allowed to watch WWE. "you know I can't resist Ring of Honor." and TNA so I can see Jeff.

"I know, I know."

"I wasn't exactly scouting, but there's this wrestler who is beyond talented. I think if you took a look at him, you'd see he'd make a nice edition to the company."

He seemed interested, "Tell me about him."

"His name is CM Punk, he's straight edge-"

"Straight what?"

"Straight edge- no drugs, no alcohol, no tobacco. that's his gimmick as well as his real life lifestyle. He's a real person, he's really good in the ring and is trained in all sorts of different things."

"Hm. you've convinced me. I know If you like him, he must be worth taking a look at. I'll check him out." Grandpa said. "Tell ya what, if I want to sign him, I'll have you go to Ring of Honor personally to do the honors"

"Really?"

"Who better than you?"

I smiled again. I felt accomplished.

"Look at my granddaughter. Hasn't even stepped in the ring yet, let alone graduated high school and she's already making big company decisions."

Now I needed to get out of here before he started talking about money and the stock market.