Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

I Wish I Wasn't.

I wake up in the morning to Damon staring at me, to be honest it makes me jump, totally not expecting it.

"Well good morning to you too" He says

"You scared me" I smile

"Sorry"

I look up and it's bright due to the sun shining in the room, it gives me an instant headache, damn alcohol. "Oh fuck me." I mumble

"Sounds good to me" Damon smirks

"I didn't mean it that way!"

"That's what they all say"

"Shut up." I put the covers back over mine and Damon's heads. Damon starts staring at me again and I end up staring back, right into his beautiful blue eyes. "You have really amazing eyes"

"I was just thinking the same thing about you"

I give him a smile before reaching over for my phone, weird its not on anymore.

"Did my phone die?" I question myself

"I turned it off, it wouldn't shut up." Damon tells me. "You're very popular"

After turning on my phone, I take a look at it. 20 missed calls, some voicemails and texts. All from my mother, father, sister, Elena, and Bonnie. I'm surprised they haven't called Missing Persons or something. I decide to call Elena first, its early and school hasn't started yet.

"Well thank god!" Elena answers the phone

"What? No 'hi best friend'?" I laugh

"Where have you been? Your parents have been looking for you since yesterday"

"Is my mom completely flipping out?"

"Yeah. She called to see if you were here but I had to say no because you don't know how to answer your phone"

"Um, sorry about that."

"You should call her, like now. Where are you anyway?"

"Damon took me to Atlanta."

"Oh god."

"Helllllo Elena" Damon says in that sarcastic voice, loud enough for her to hear

"Ugh, Scumba-"

"Anyway." I cut her off. "I'm gonna call my mom. I'll see you later"

"Okay"

I hang up the phone and turn to Damon. "When I'm on the phone with my mom, keep your mouth shut"

"I almost promise"

When I call my mom, the phone is answered very quickly. Like she had it in her hand, waiting for my call.

"Savannah where the hell are you?!" Mom yells

"Calm down"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine"

"Good, you're grounded"

"Oh whatever"

"Where are you and why haven't you called anybody back?"

"I'm in Atlanta and you're giving me a headache"

"Georgia?! Why on earth are you there?"

"Well..Damon took me and stop yelling at me!"

"Oh you're in so much trouble. Get home. Now."

I hang up on her and Damon starts to laugh. "She's pissed"

"Really? I haven't noticed"

"Aw and you're grounded" Damon laughs

"We'll see about that. We should leave though" I say as I get up

"Or.." Damon pulls me back down, "We could stay just a little bit longer" I lay back down and he hovers over me

"We could.."

Damon looks into my eyes again and starts stroking my hair, "Ya know, you're really beautiful"

He called me...beautiful. Not that I didn't already think I was...but when a guy calls you beautiful instead of hot, it makes you feel some type of way. Especially hearing those words from Damon...I feel my heart start beating faster as he smiles at me. Then he kisses me, he kisses my cheek, collarbone, and then finally my lips.

I know what Damon said about us being together. I remember everything from last night, I wish I didn't...I wish I didn't even ask. But it's too late, I can't help the way I feel about him. His lips go to my neck and all my thoughts vanish from my head. He sucks then lightly bites on my neck, then he all of a sudden stops.

"Damon." He won't look at me, I grab him and try to pull his head towards mine so he at least looks at me. "Damon" I call his name again

"Don't." He warns

"Look at me"

He finally looks at me and there it is again, that face. What his face turned into when we were at the founders party, I knew I wasn't seeing things. Only this time I'm not afraid, I'm amazed...he's beautiful.

"Are you afraid of me now?" Damon asks

I shake my head. "No." I lightly touch under his eyes with my thumbs, letting him know I'm really not afraid. Letting him know, what he is doesn't matter to me.

I wanna tell him I love him, but I resist. I stop myself from saying those three stupid words that would ruin everything between us. No matter what I say, we'll never be together. But why? Why is it so easy for him and so difficult for me? If he has feelings for me then why not do something about it?

During the drive back home, I sleep most of the way, waking up every once in a while to see where we're at. I really wish we could of stayed longer, I didn't wanna come home.

"Oh you're in so much trouble" My mother says as soon as I get out of the car

"And why aren't you at work?" I laugh sarcastically

"I've been waiting for you. Now, lets go."

"Mrs--I'm sorry--Ms. Cunningham, don't blame Savannah. The road trip was my idea" Damon says with a grin

"I don't doubt that. Let's go Savannah"

"Fine, I'll be there in a second. Go inside"

"Hurry up"

Mom goes inside and I turn to face Damon. "Thanks for a fun time"

"Anytime"

"And for the cute dog"

"And thanks for the hat"

"Which you're gonna wear"

"Haha, yes. I'll wear it."

I smile at him then he leans in for a quick but sweet kiss, "bye Damon."

"Bye"

I go inside to face my yelling mother but surprisingly she's pretty calm. I knew she wouldn't do anything.

"You're grounded" She says

"You can't ground me, you're barely even home. Last time I checked, I'm the one who takes care of Justin and Rachel when you're not here. So yeah...no way"

"What were you thinking? You nearly scared me to death"

"I wasn't thinking. It was a spur of the moment. But I was only gone one night, sorry I didn't call."

"Fine. Don't do it again, please."

After that I go upstairs and mom goes back to work. I decide I need a shower because I've been in the same clothes for 24 hours, except when I was asleep.

__________________________________________

Meanwhile, at the Salvatore house. Damon has just arrived back home, surprised to see Stefan home already

"Wait...shouldn't you be in school?" Damon questions

"Did you know everybody was looking for Savannah? Her parents thought she was missing, Elena thought you attacked her." Stefan tells his brother

"Then Elena is an idiot because I would never do that to her"

"We don't know that--Wait...somethings different. Somethings off about you"

"What is it Stefan?" Damon practically mocks him

"You care about her. Don't you?"

"Wow Stefan, your jokes sure aren't funny."

Damon pours himself a drink and Stefan watches him closely, asking himself if he's sure about what he thinks.

"I was wrong about you, Damon. I wasn't sure if I could trust you around her but now I know I can. You won't hurt her because you care about her."

"Dammit Stefan." Damon downs his drink in one swallow. "I have no compassion, no humanity. How could I possibly care for somebody other than myself?"

"You have feelings for Savannah. Admit it, Damon."

Damon sighs, knowing his brother is right about him. He truly does have feelings for Savannah, he cares about her. He feels something he hasn't felt in 145 years, something he hasn't felt since he was with Katherine in 1864. "Fine. I'm only admitting it because...its strange."

"Ha! You can feel compassion for somebody else!"

In the blink of an eye, Damon is in his brothers face. "Stefan, I swear I will rip your heart out"

"I've heard that before. Don't you think you can stop being a monster now?"

"Let me think...no." Stefan just shakes his head at his brother. "As a matter of fact, I'm thirsty. Mm..humans sound delicious. Should I pick you up a Rabbit?"

________________________________________________

Savannah's POV

After my shower, I go downstairs and turn on the TV. Rachel and Justin should be on their way home now. I flip to MTV and Disaster Date is on, this show is pretty funny.

"You're home!" Rachel says giving me a hug. "I thought you ran away"

"Oh please, where am I really gonna go?" I laugh

"Hey, Sav." Justin says as he walks in and goes into the kitchen

"Where did you go?" Rachel asks

"Damon took me to Atlanta"

"Really? Did you have fun?"

"Yeah I had a lot of fun."

"Oh! You'll never guess who called for you yesterday"

"Caroline?" I take a guess

"No. Tyler!"

"He called the house? Did he say why?"

"No. He just said to tell you he called"

"Lovely." I say with much sarcasm

"Aren't you gonna call him back?"

"No way"

"Why?? He's so hot!"

"He's also a dick"

"Oh well. Damon's hotter, stick with him"

I just shake my head at my sister, if only it was that easy. I soon decide to go upstairs and print out the new pictures from my camera. I must say, me and Damon take some very good pictures. I only hang two up on my picture wall (wall full of my favorite people in my life.) because I already have two others of him up. I leave the rest on my desk. Then there's a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell

My door opens and its Elena. "Hey buddy...how was your trip?"

"Hey, it was fun."

"Was Damon being good?"

"Always." I smile. "No need to call Stefan"

"Good." Elena takes a look at the new pictures and starts to laugh, "you two are something else when you're together. Its almost cute."

"Almost?" I question

"Well, this is Damon we're talking about. If I didn't know he was so bad, then yeah it would be cute"

"He's really sweet when its just the two of us." I feel the need to defend him, especially to Elena, she's the only friend I have to knows about what he is.

"Are you in love with him?"

"...yes. I wish I wasn't though, things would be easier"

"I know exactly how you feel."

"So nothings going on with Stefan?"

"I told him he had to stay away from me. After what happened with Vicki, I don't know if I can handle all of this."

"I'm sorry."

There's a difference between our situations. Elena loves Stefan and I'm sure he loves her back, she can be with him whenever she decides to. I, on the other hand am in love with Damon. While I know he cares for me, I'm sure that's as far as it goes. That's how me and Elena are different, in the end she'll probably be with Stefan but I will not be with Damon.