Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

I Have to Kill Him

Today I'm feeling different. From here on out, I won't dwell on what me and Damon could be, I promise to focus on what we actually are--friends, really good friends. After a shower I pick out some clothes to wear. I put on a pair of shorts with a simple black t-shirt, then I do my makeup and hair.

"Where ya goin?" My sister, Rachel, asks.

"Stopping over at Damon's. I'll meet you at dads in an hour, we'll hang.

"Sounds good. See ya"

I haven't spent time with my family in a while, so I'm taking some time today to do that. But first I have to stop at Damon's, he left me a message saying to come over. My car is still at my dad's house, looks like I'm walking..

The walk is well...pretty boring and quiet that is until my cell starts ringing. I take a look at the caller ID and it says 'Tyler'. Should I answer it? Eh, why not?

"Hello"

"Savannah, hey."

"Uh, hey. Haven't heard from you in a while."

"I know. Listen, can we talk? Like in person?"

"In person? I don't know..."

"Please? I won't be long. I promise."

"Okay, fine. At the grill, but not until later, I have some things to do today."

"Alright. Thanks Sav."

"Uh huh."

After that, I hang up. I already know what he wants, he wants to apologize for what happened with Vicki, I know that boy like the back on my hand. He wants to do it in person so he looks like a good guy and not the dick everyone knows he is. When I get to Damon's, I just go right inside. Nobody is downstairs so I go up to his room. I see Damon, being choked by a blond girl, looks like it hurts.

"Don't ruin my time with Stefan. Because I'll hurt you and you know I can." The blond says before releasing her grip on his neck

"Umm..am I interrupting something?" I ask, a bit confused.

"No, you're not." The blond says

"She seems to think I'm not a nice person." Damon says, catching his breath

"Gee, I wonder what gave her that idea." I smirk at him

"I like her." The blond says as she walks over to me. "I'm Lexi, a friend of Stefan's"

"I'm Savannah, nice to meet you."

"You too. Are you Damon's girlfriend?"

"Um, no. Not exactly."

"Smart girl." Lexi says as she walks out of the room, leaving the two of us to talk

"Lexi seems nice." I sarcastically smile at Damon and take a seat on his bed. "Is she a vampire too?"

"Very funny. How'd you know?"

"Well, she was choking you and it looked like it hurt. I've never seen anybody hurt you."

"Yeah, she's one. It hurt because she's older than me. The older you are, the stronger you are."

"And how old is she?"

"300 and something, I've lost count."

"So you're like a baby compared to her" I laugh

"You're not amusing me." He shoots me a fake glare. "Anyway, don't you wanna know why I called you over here?"

"Yes. What for?"

"There's a party at the grill tonight. We're going."

"Oh really?" I question him

"Yes really. Well you don't have to, Caroline's throwing it."

"Ew. And you're going?"

"Today's Stefan's birthday. Him and Lexi are going, therefore I'm going too."

"Well if you're going to Caroline's party then I am too"

"I knew you'd say that." Damon smirks

"Whatever. This couldn't be said over the phone?"

"Maybe I wanted to see you."

Dammit, he makes me smile at him. He leans in to give me a kiss but I stop him. "Oh no ya don't"

"Hey!"

"I have to now find something to wear for the party, I have to look hotter than Caroline. See ya tonight Damon."

I get up from his bed and walk towards the door. But before I can actually leave his room, he's standing in front of me, stopping me.

"Can I help you?" I ask

"Just so you know...no matter what you wear tonight, you'll always look better than Caroline."

"Bye Damon." I smile, pushing past him

I go downstairs and just as I'm about to leave, Stefan returns home.

"Stefan!" I say happily. "Happy birthday!" I say as I give him a hug

"Thanks" He smiles

"So, how old are you?"

"Umm...17"

"Tell me."

"162."

"Wow. By the way, I met your friend Lexi. She was choking Damon."

"That's Lexi for you" Stefan laughs

"She seems sweet. Gotta go though, see ya later."

"Thanks. See ya."

I leave the Salvatore house and walk about two blocks to my dads house. In the driveway, my 2009 Ford Mustang GT is parked with my dad's car and Amy's car. I go inside the house, Rachel and Justin are already here.

"Hey dad." I say

"I was just telling your brother and sister...this is the first time all three of my kids are here." Dad says

"I know, it was my idea. I'll be hanging here most of the day, then I'm going to this party at the grill."

"Alright"

I turn to my sister who is watching TV--Tool Academy 3, reality TV is fun.

"Hey, come upstairs with me." I say, pulling her along

"Okay, what for?"

We enter my bedroom and I throw my keys down on the bed. "I'm going to a party tonight at the grill, Caroline is throwing it, must look better than her."

Rachel laughs, of course. "Okay, you guys are still fighting?"

"We're not fighting. We're just not talking."

"Right."

I look through my closet, looking for a good outfit for tonight. Once I find it, me and Rachel go back downstairs. I spend almost the whole day with my family, excluding my mother of course. Then around 5pm I head to Elena's house to see if she's coming to the party.

"Hey." Elena answers the door, not dressed for a party.

"Why aren't you dressed?" I ask, walking inside

"Um..I am."

"I mean for the party."

"You're going to Caroline's party?" She asks, shocked.

"Damon's going, so I'm going."

"Stefan's going with his friend, towel girl."

"Towel girl? Oh, you mean Lexi."

"Mhm, you've met?"

"Yes, when I walked in she was choking Damon. Anyway, why aren't you going?"

"I don't know, just not up for it."

"But its Stefan's birthday, come on!"

"Fine, since you're already here."

"Exactly, you have to look hot. That Lexi chick is hot so you have to look hotter. Come on." I say as I make my way upstairs to her bedroom

I pick Elena out an outfit to wear for tonight as she does her hair and makeup.

"You look great. Now put a smile on." I tell her

Elena gives me a fake smile, of course. Then we head out the door and hop into my car. Tonight will be a good one, I just know it. When we arrive at the grill, I park my car and we go inside. Elena grabs a seat and I get us drinks, she's gonna need to loosen up.

"Two shots of Tequila." I tell the bartender

"For you, on the house." He smiles

He's not attractive at all. But he never cards us girls and we get a lot of free drinks. I take the two shots back to our table, I don't exactly sit because, I'm not in the mood.

"Drink up." I say, giving Elena one of the shots

"Might as well." She takes it and swallows it down. Then I see what she's staring at, Stefan and Lexi playing pool, I feel bad.

"Stefan smiles." Damon says as he wraps his arms around me from behind. "Alert the media."

"You haven't given him a lot of reasons to be happy lately." Elena says, uh oh..maybe I should go away for this conversation. But, Damon doesn't release his grip on my waist.

"Oh, you're right. Poor Stefan, persecuted throughout eternity by his depraved brother" He smirks. "Does he get tiring, being so righteous?"

"It flares up in the presence of psychopaths." Elena says then she walks away from us

"Ouch, well consider this psychopath's feelings hurt."

I turn around and face Damon, he has the biggest smirk on his face. "Can't you be nice to Elena?"

"I try to. Honestly, I do. She...thinks I'm a psychopath."

"Try harder. I know you're mean to pretty much everyone-"

"Besides you, of course."

"Besides me. But at least be nice to my best friend."

"Fine, fine. I'll try. Come on, lets sit at the bar."

I follow Damon over to the bar, he takes a seat the pulls me on his lap. He motions for the bartender to get us drinks.

"There's something wrong with you, what is it?" I ask

"How did you..?"

"Don't ask, I don't know. What's wrong?"

"Ugh. Your little friend Bonnie has my crystal, I need it back."

"How'd she get it and what crystal?"

"At the founder's party. I went to get it, I hid it a long time ago at the Lockwood estate. I took it, then when Stefan tried to starve me, I dropped it. Caroline must of thought I was giving it to her, so she took it. Then somehow Bonnie got a hold of it and now I need it back."

"Did you ask?"

"She doesn't seem to like me."

"Why am I not surprised?"

"I'm trying to get Caroline to get it from her, but she's a useless idiot."

"Why ask Caroline?"

"Well I couldn't ask you and cause conflict between you and your other best friend, now could I?"

"I guess not. Is it really that important to you?"

"Very."

"I can talk to her"

"Thanks, babe."

Damon goes to kiss me but we're interrupted by Lexi, looks like she's on a mission.

"Alright, the shots are a bribe." She says, sliding two shots Damon's way. "What are you really doing in Mystic Falls?"

"Have you tried the brittle? Wins awards." He says before taking a shot

"Cut the crap."

"Okay. I have a diabolical master plan." He says with seriousness

Lexi nods her head a bit. "What is it?"

"Well if I told you, it wouldn't be very diabolical now would it?"

"You're something else Damon. I'm telling you Savannah, you don't want anything to do with him."

Well its a bit too late for that. "He's just...misunderstood."

"I've known him a long time, he's not misunderstood. He's just evil."

I just shake my head at her. Then all of a sudden Sheriff Forbes and two other cops come rushing our way. What's going on? I look over and make eye contact with Stefan, giving him a confused look, his look on the other hand is worried. Sheriff Forbes then sticks Lexi with a needle, me and Damon jump up in shock.

"What are you doing??" Damon asks

"Thank you for the vervain, now if you'll excuse me."

Then they take her away.

"Damon. What's going on?" I ask him, knowing he might have something to do with this

"Looks like we finally caught the vampire." He says

"Damon..you didn't-"

"I had no other choice."

Damon walks away and Elena grabs me, making me follow her and Stefan so we can see what's going on. We go out the back entrance and we keep quiet, I don't know what to say....but Lexi is Stefan's friend. Why would Damon...? Oh, I'm confused. We sneak out the back way and see Lexi throwing the two police officers off of her. She throws one in mid air! Then Sheriff Forbes starts shooting her, Lexi continues walking towards her. Then Damon comes out of nowhere and stakes her. She turns gray and vainy, falls to the ground.

Oh my god. Me and Elena stand against the building in shock. I've never seen a vampire die before, it kinda gave me the chills. Damon then helps get Lexi's body in the cop car. Then they head back into the grill. I stay outside with Elena and Stefan, I...I don't know what to say. Then Stefan starts quickly walking away from us, he's on a mission.

"Stefan, Stefan!" Elena says as we chase after him

"He killed her." He turns around to face us. "He killed Zach, he killed Tanner, he turned Vicki....I have to kill him."

Kill him? No...no. He can't kill Damon! "Stefan, Don't" I almost cry, "please"

"No! You can't do that." Elena says

"Why are you trying to save him?" He asks Elena then turns to me, "He's never gonna change. Don't you see that Savannah, he's never gonna change."

My eyes start filling up with tears but I refuse to let them fall.

"I'm not trying to save him, I'm trying to save you." Elena says. "You have no idea what this will do to you, please, Stefan."

"Everywhere that I go, pain and death follow. Damon follows me, no more."

"Stefan please, let me be here for you, just talk to me."

"No." Stefan looks down then back at Elena. "You were right to stay away from me."

Then he finally walks off, Elena turns around and I give her a hug. "Will you drive me home?" She asks

"Yeah, come on."

We walk over to my car and we get inside. Before pulling out of the parking lot, I wipe my tears away because if I blink they will fall.

"Things were starting to get good again between me and Stefan. Now..this happens." Elena says, venting her problems to me.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be, you know this isn't your fault."

"I know, I just-"

"Feel the need to apologize for Damon."

"Yeah.."

The rest of the drive home is silent, I drop Elena off and then head home. I was gonna go back to dads, but I wouldn't be much fun if I'm crying the whole night. Fact is, Stefan went to kill Damon. Even though Damon is stronger, it is possible that Stefan might actually succeed in killing him. I take off my clothes, put my hair back and wash my face. I put on a pair of black and pink hipsters and a black tank top. I let my hair down, hit the lights and then climb into bed.

"Please, don't kill him Stefan." I whisper out loud, even though nobody can hear me.

My tears start hitting the pillow as I lay awake, not able to fall asleep. But why would he kill Stefan's oldest friend? Did he have to use her of all people? I'm just really begging that Stefan doesn't actually kill him. I grab my cell and call him, no answer. Shit. My head hits the pillow again in frustration.

I lay away for what seems like hours, even though its only been an hour. Elena called, I know she's upset but so am I and I really don't wanna talk, so I hit ignore...she'll understand. Then all of a sudden the curtains in my room lightly move and I feel something, like...someone's hear. Then I see his figure in the darkness of my room, I jump out of bed.

"Damon!" I turn on the light to make sure I'm not imagining things and there he is. "Damon!" I jump into his arms. "I thought Stefan was gonna kill you."

"He let me off with a warning...if you can call it that. Stabbed me in the stomach, hurt like hell."

"I'm just glad you're okay." I hug him tighter. "Why didn't he kill you?"

"I saved his life not too long ago. He spared mine. His words, not mine."

"Why did you do it? Why did you kill Lexi?"

"The town needed a vampire or they'd keep looking for one. Then Lexi showed up, it was perfect."

"But she's Stefan's oldest friend."

"I was doing this for him, got the town off our backs." He says, "Trust me, she wasn't that great."

I finally look at him, "Will you stay with me tonight? Seeing a vampire get killed has left me a little uneasy."

"Of course." Damon says, taking off his leather jacket, shoes, and shirt. We get under the covers and I cuddle up next to him.

"Will you be here when I wake up?"

He nods his head then gives me a kiss. I lay my head on his chest and drift off to sleep.