Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Crazed Vamptastic Adventure

"I'm going with him!" Elena says as she proceeds to get out of the car

"No!" I pull her back. "apparently you don't know how to follow direction."

"but they have Stefan-"

"I know Elena. But you could get yourself, Damon, and Stefan killed. If that happens I will beat the crap out of your corpse"

"I'm scared." she whispers softly

"I know, Elena." I tell her. "but Damon's gonna get him out"

A few minutes later we see Damon running back to the car. Me and Elena get out quickly to see what's going on.

"where's Stefan!?" Elena asks

"they have him, I can't get in"

"why not?"

"because the owner is compelled to not let me in.

"I can get in" Elena tries to rush past him but he grabs her

"you're not going in there" he tells her

"why are they doing this? What do they want with him?"

"they want revenge"

Damon doesn't know how to get Stefan out so he's stuck for now. Elena's upset and so is Damon, the average person wouldn't think so but I know he is

"I think we should visit Mr. Saltzman" I say

"why?" Damon asks

"hello? He's a vampire hunter" I roll my eyes

The car ride to the school is completely silent, the only noise is the rain. I sit in between Damon and Elena, who both look like they're in deep thought. I lean into Damon, wrapping both my arms around one of his. "you okay?" I whisper

"mmhm" Damon nods his head then wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer. I'm scared for Stefan. I glance over at Elena who's staring out the window, I can't imagine what she's going through.

Me and Damon sit by the window as Elena tries to get Mr. Saltzman to help us. I warn Damon not to be his usual sarcastic self but he can't help it. Mr. Saltzman refuses to help so we're going.

"Okay. Come on Elena" Damon tells her as we walk towards the door

"Okay. I'll help" Mr. Saltzman gives in

He brings out his..vampire hunting kit?

"teacher by day, vampire hunter by night" Damon says in his sarcastic tone

"I have you to thank for that" Mr. S says

"boys. Can we not do this now?" I ask

Elena picks up a vervain filled dart, declaring she's going in with Damon.

"you'll get yourself killed" Damon says

"I have to save him"

"Elena, you're not going in there" I say sternly. I know very well if she goes in there, Damon can't protect her and save Stefan at the same time.

"you wanna help?" Damon asks, "you can drive the getaway car."

"you don't understand-"

"I can't protect you, Elena" Damon says, seriously. "I don't know how many are in there and just like that" he snaps his fingers, "you can get your head ripped off. I have to be able to get in and get out, or else it'll end in a blood bath that none of us Is walking away from"

We arrive back at the house that's buried deep in the woods. Damon instructs us both to stay in the car, directing it more at Elena. But I follow him out of the car and attach myself to him

"Savannah-"

"please be careful" I whisper

"don't worry" he kisses my forehead. "make sure Elena doesn't do anything stupid"

I nod my head as I slowly let go of him and get back into the car, locking the doors. Me and Elena sit there in silence for a while, I stare at the rain outside of the window and Elena does the same.

"they should be out by now, right?" Elena asks

"Elena stop worrying, you're making me worry"

They haven't come out yet, how long is this supposed to take? I'm getting anxious. Elena then takes out a vervain filled dart

"I'm going in" she states

"no..you're not" I say slowly "it's committing suicide"

"You're coming with me"

"no!" I tell her. "I'm not going in there and neither are you! We're not giving Damon something else to worry about! If anything happens to him, I swear I'll-"

"I can't go without you." she pulls out a second vervain filled dart. "but I will if I have no other choice"

"Elena-"

"this is Stefan and I don't know if he's okay. You have to understand...you're the only one that does" she pleads to me. "Damon's in there too"

Damon...a feeling of pain rushes over me. I also don't know if he's okay. Elena gets out of the car and I reluctantly follow her. We run towards the house with the vervain darts in hand, sneakily of course.

"the things you make me do" I mumble as we scale the house, looking for an entrance other than the front door

"I didn't" she whispers

"yes, you did. You're all for a crazed vamptastic adventure while I'm the bitch who would rather run the other away"

"and you're here because?"

"because my boyfriends in there and so is his brother. And my stupid ass best friend is trying to save him"

Elena smiles as we find a door, it looks like it leads to the basement. But of course vampires stay here so who knows what it could lead to? The door is locked but that doesn't stop Elena. She picks up a rock and throws it, shattering the glass.

"Elena!" I hiss, "they have super sonic hearing and you just broke the glass!"

"it was the only way" she sticks her hand through the door to unlock it.

We walk down these old, creepy steps. This crazy bitch is gonna get me killed! We get farther down into the basement and we spot one single vampire, he must be guarding Stefan.

"he spotted us" Elena whispers as he starts coming towards us. She gets her vervain filled dart ready with her shaky hands. I watch my back at all times because you never know when one might appear.

The fear overcomes me more and more as he gets closer. Before Elena can get him, he's stabbed with a dart. Then we see Damon, I'm relieved to see he's alright.

"are the two of you insane?" he questions the both of us

But there's no time for lectures. We know where Stefan is and we break into the room. He's tied to a rope, he looks weak and beaten. "vervain" Stefan manages to get out as Damon goes to untie him. Damon backs up

"you wanted to save him, go ahead" Damon tells Elena. While Elena gets Stefan down, I talk with Damon while we look out

"are you crazy? What are you doing here?" he questions me, "you could of been killed"

"I know." I tell him. "but Elena said she was going in with or without me, I couldn't stop her and I couldn't let her come alone. And I thought about you, I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I have to go back up there-"

"why?" I cut him off. "we got Stefan, we just need to get out"

"Alaric the vampire slayer is still up there. And I need a little revenge of my own"

"Damon-"

"now, go. Go with Stefan and Elena, he needs help."

"Damon, no-"

"I'm right behind you, now go"

Stefan and Elena have already started out the basement. I just stare at Damon, not wanting to leave him. Until we hear a vampire.

"GET OUT OF HERE, SAVANNAH!" Damon yells at me like he never has before

Unwillingly, I run for it and I'm at Stefan's side as we help him to the car. I get in the driver's seat but the key is broken.

"uh, guys?" I say, looking down at the key

The passenger window shatters and Stefan is being thrown out of the car. 'Damon's gonna be pissed about his car' I tell myself, knowing he'll be with us soon

Stefan gets attacked by the same vampire who attacked him the other night. He's weak and there's no way he can take him on. That's when Elena takes her vervain filled dart and stabs him with it, we rush to Stefan's side.

"He's really weak, Elena"

"Stefan, Stefan.." she calls his name over and over. No response.

I keep looking into the darkness, waiting for Damon. I get anxious when I don't see him. The words 'I'm right behind you' keep replaying in my head. When I look back at Stefan, Elena's giving him her blood.

I can't take it anymore, I get up from the ground and take off into the woods, running into the direction of the house, "Savannah!" I hear Elena call my name

I keep running until I hit what feels like a brick wall. I look up at the person and it's Damon. I wrap my arms tightly around him and don't let go.

"I told you it would be okay" Damon tells me as he strokes my hair

"Can we please go home now?" I ask as I try catching my breath

"Mmhm"