Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

WHAT?!

When I wake up, I have a slight headache, nothing some aspirin won't fix. I look over and Damon's still asleep. Elena must of known I was awake because she just barges in.

"Ow, my head." She complains, "This is your fault."

"Hey, I didn't pour the alcohol down your throat."

"Might as well have"

I just laugh at her and sit up, yawning and checking out my surroundings. I grab my phone that's blinking, I have a text.

'Your dad wants you and Elena to come home for lunch, spend some time with the family' a text from Amy. I glance at the clock and its already quarter after eleven. Ugh, we should go.

"Up for some lunch?" I ask Elena. "Family style."

"Haha. Sounds good. Let me say bye to Stefan."

I nod my head as she leaves the room. I turn over and climb on top of Damon. I lightly kiss his neck, it doesn't take much to wake him up. Those vampire reflexes even work while he's asleep.

"Hmm?" His hands rest on my thighs

"I have to leave, family stuff."

"How do you feel?"

"Eh, I'm alright. Just a little headache."

"Alright." Damon pulls me down, giving me a kiss. "I love you"

I smile at him, he can be really cute when he wants to be. "I love you, Damon Salvatore."

I give him another kiss before Elena breaks it up, "I thought we had to be home."

"And I thought you were saying bye to Stefan."

"I did." She laughed, "Bye Damon."

"Goodbye Elena."

I pull myself away from Damon, grabbing my shoes and purse off the floor before leaving. "You can drive." I toss Elena my keys. We get home quickly and head inside. I see Jeremy sitting on the couch with Anna, Justin and Rachel are here also.

"Hey brothers and sister." I smile before heading upstairs

After I get out of the shower, I wrap a towel around my body and look for some clothes. What to do with my hair? I look in the mirror, examining the bite mark on my neck, it isn't as bad as the others and I'm sure make up could cover it up. After getting dressed, I curl my hair with moose and apply a little makeup. I swap purses in case we go somewhere and I'm all good. I exit my room the same time as Elena, she's all dressed as well.

"We do that a lot." Elena says

"I know, its like we really are sisters."

"No, I think we even share the same brain."

We laugh as we head downstairs. I see a boy sitting on the couch with Rachel. Must be her boyfriend?

"Hi, I'm Rachel's sister Savannah, you are?" I'm too forward for my own good, but I don't care. He's probably just some horny teenager.

"Hi." The boy smiles, "I'm Rachel's boyfriend, Aiden. Its nice to finally meet you."

Charmer. Hm, "How old are you?"

"I'm 16."

"Okay. You don't seem too harmless."

And with that, I walk off into the kitchen. Dad is on the phone, his new position as Mayor has been keeping him a little extra busy. So I hop up on the counter and wait.

"What did I tell you about sitting up there?" Dad asks

"You've been telling me the same thing for about five years now, dad. I'm not gonna listen." I laugh, making him laugh as well. "So what are we doing for lunch?"

"Your uncle is bringing over steaks and stuff, figured we could have a little BBQ. Some of you girls can make, I don't know, the food women make."

"Ugh. Why do they have to come over? and that was insulting, father!"

"I did say family."

"Ugh! Madison is so...grr! I'm so glad Damon isn't here."

"She likes him huh?"

"She likes anything with a dick!"

Dad fights the urge to laugh and yells at me instead, "Savannah!"

"Its true." I say as I walk back into the living room. Our cousins arrive soon and nobody is very happy to see Madison and Allison, who is like a mini version of Madison. "Skank alert." I tell Rachel, making her laugh. Dad and Uncle Frank go outside to cook on the grill. Amy and Beth are in the kitchen making salads and stuff. That leaves me, Elena, Rachel, Justin, Jeremy, Anna, Aiden, Madison, and Chris hanging outside.

"Whats up with your cousin? She keeps staring at Jeremy." Anna practically growls. I won't be surprised if she just attacks her right now

"She's just a whore. Nothing much to worry about." I laugh

Me and Elena are glad Stefan and Damon aren't here because Madison would be dead most likely. I spend most of the day with my family, laughing and talking. Madison is a whore and I don't like her, but at times shes bearable. Me and Elena are getting ready to head to the grill to meet Damon and Stefan. I just freshened my make up and put my hair up, the bite mark is still hidden very well.

"Hey, where's Elena?" I ask Jeremy, who is playing x-box with Justin

"She said she had to talk to Bonnie real fast and to meet her at the grill." He replies, not taking his eyes off the TV

"EW. But okay."

I grab my purse off the chair and head out the door. I dig for my keys and as I approach my car, I see Elena.

"Oh! There you are. Jer said you went to see Bonnie." I almost gag. "So, be honest. Does my neck look alright?" I expose it more to her. "You can't see a thing, right?"

Elena doesn't say anything, she just looks at me. What the hell? "Are you gonna say anything?" Nothing. "Okay, slut" I stick my tongue out at her, "At least get in the car."

I go to turn away but Elena grabs my shoulder. I turn around to face her, her fist connects with my jaw. I stumble back a little, mostly in shock. "ELENA! WHAT THE FUCK!?" I punch her in the face, as hard as I can with all my might. She doesn't move. I stand there in shock. Then her face....her eyes turn red and fangs ascend from her mouth. Oh shit.

"Katherine?"