Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Werewolves.

Me and Stefan arrived at Tyler's party in the woods. We were greeted by Matt who held two plastic red cups in his hands.

"Hey guys" He said. Offering us both a drink. "This is weird. Where's Elena and Damon?"

I had to admit myself, this was a bit weird. Me and Stefan rarely hung out together alone, let alone showed up to a party together. "Hey Matt." I smiled

"Hey. "Stefan also said. "Damon and Elena are out of town, shopping for a birthday present for Savannah. I was instructed to keep her company."

I laughed and nodded my head, making it believable. Which made me wonder, what was I getting for my birthday? It was coming soon. "Yeah, its true."

"Your birthday's not till October." Matt laughed. "But of course, we all know you, we have to go all out."

"Exactly. So, you better get me something great" I smiled

"Will do. Have you seen Caroline?"

"Nope. I just got here. Has she been here?"

"I saw her earlier, but we got into an argument. She walked off, I haven't seen her."

"Hm. Maybe she went home. But I'll let you know if I see her."

"Thanks. You guys enjoy the party." Matt said as he walked back over to the Keg.

"Alright. I'm gonna go look around. You go see Tyler-" Stefan started.

"Lets get one thing clear. I'm not here to get information out of him for you and Damon, I won't have any part of this werewolf thing. I have my own issues with those vampires, I'm just trying to take my mind off Rachel."

"I got it." Stefan smiled.

I walked off and went to look for Tyler. It didn't take too long. I haven't seen him in a few weeks, he still looked the same. Werewolf? No, I don't think so.

"Hey Ty!" I said happily, embracing him for a hug

"Savannah, you're here" Tyler said back, returning my hug.

"Yeah, just got here. Good party."

"Yeah, its alright." He laughed. "Its good to see you."

"How have you been?" I ask as we begin to walk through the woods. "Ya know..with your dad and all.."

"Things have been better I guess...Mason's been around, he's kind of a pain but he's there."

"That's good. I'm glad you have him. I haven't seen him in years."

"You should stop by some day and say hi."

I smiled at him. "Yeah, I'll do that."

"Can we talk...in private?" Tyler asked. "We can still do that right?"

"Of course. You know you can talk to me, always."

"Follow me."

Tyler led me to this underground seller, its pretty freaky to be honest. Dark and creepy, and there's some chains. Why are there big chains?

"What's this place?" I ask

"I saw Mason down here earlier this morning. I came down to look."

"It looks like...a torture place to be honest."

"Tell me about it." I saw Tyler staring directly at the wall. I saw what he was looking at, it looked like deep scratch marks..on the concrete wall.

"What.." I said as I ran my hand across the wall.

"Mason's been acting strange. I..I don't know what to think about him."

Uh oh. "What do you mean strange?"

Before he answered, I had to ask myself. What do I do with this information he's giving me? Do I tell Damon and Stefan? Or do I keep this to myself? Tyler is trusting me here.

"Well, there's this whole get up down here. Last night at the carnival, I was in a fight. Mason got in the middle, he was acting strange. Jumping and leaping high, running fast. It was like nothing I've seen before."

"Adrenaline?"

"No, he tried to lie and say that was it. But I know there's something more"

"Tyler" Mason appeared, nearly scaring the hell out of me. He was sweaty and looked like he was out of breath. "You two shouldn't be down here. Leave. Now." He demanded.

My cell went off as he told us to leave, it was Stefan. "Stefan's calling me, maybe he wants to go. Call me, Ty." I said quickly as I left. I answered my phone.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"Right here." I said as I came up behind him. "Are you okay?"

"Elena called me. They found out some information."

"What's going on?"

"Legend has it.. A werewolf bite can kill a vampire."

"Stefan, its a full moon. You need to get out of here. Fast."

"I know, I know. I just wanted to make sure-"

Stefan stopped mid sentence and grabbed me, quickly running and pulling me into the woods.

"Stefan, what the hell-"

"Shh!" He covered my mouth. He was obviously hearing something I wasn't yet. Then Mason appeared again, his sweaty appearance was worse than before. He had chains and he was trying to chain himself to the trees. He was yelling and it looked like he was in some type of pain. He then ran into his truck and he started shaking. Stefan couldn't help himself and he advanced towards it.

"Stefan, leave it alone." I said, trying to pull him back. "Stefan!"

"Stay here." He instructed

Elena would kill me if I let Stefan get killed by a werewolf. I followed him as he got near the truck. It stopped shaking and Stefan stopped in his tracks. "Stefan, please." I almost begged

The back window shattered and a wolf ran out and took off into the woods. It's true. It's true.. Mason is a werewolf. The Lockwood's have the curse. But Tyler isn't one..its a full moon, he would of turned too. I haven't seen him, but I've known him long enough to know. Before i knew it, Stefan was running in the same direction.

"Stefan! Can you not!" I asked as I ran after him. It was extremely hard to keep up but I found him, alone. Nobody was around.

"SAVANNAH!" Stefan yelled as I'm tackled to the ground. This drooling, huge beast on top of me.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed. "Stefan!!" Stefan tackled the mutt and got him off me, which led to the two of them staring each other down. Both ready to attack.

"NO!" I heard Tyler's voice, directed at the wolf. I think he knows. The wolf stared at Stefan a bit longer before taking off, leaving the three of us to just stare at each other. Tyler offered me a hand and pulled me from the ground. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so. Thanks." I smiled. "Stefan, take me home?"

"Yeah. Sure"

Before leaving, Stefan compelled Tyler so he wouldn't remember what he saw him do. Then we headed to my house. "Wanna wait here for Elena and Damon?"

"Sure. They should be on their way."

We walked inside, dad and Amy were watching TV. Me and Stefan headed upstairs.

"Caroline is waiting for you" Dad said, "Said it was important."

"Okay." I said as we climbed the stairs

"I'll wait in Elena's room while you talk." Stefan said.

"Okay."

I pushed my door open and there Caroline was, sitting on my bed. Crying and shaking. "Caroline whats wrong?!"

She turned to me with intensity in her eyes. "I..need blood."