Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Fine..

Did this girl just say she needed blood? What? I sat next to her and she backed up a bit, that same intense look still in her eyes. "Caroline? What..are you okay?"

"I said I need blood!" She yelled, getting furious. Before breaking down and crying. I nodded my head quickly and ran into the hall.

"Stefan!" I called out his name, he appeared within seconds. "Its Caroline." He followed me into my room and we saw her crying on the bed.

"Caroline?" Stefan asked. "What happened?"

"I...I'm a monster."

Stefan grabbed her face, examining her before looking back at me. He had that worried look on his face. "Caroline, who did this to you?"

"It was a man. He said...he was just carrying out some of Katherine's plans. Who is Katherine?"

Oh god. I took a step closer to Caroline, she backed up but I wouldn't leave her alone. I looked at her carefully, and saw what she really was. A vampire. "When did this happen?" I asked softly

"Today, in the woods at Tyler's party. After me and Matt got into that fight, I stormed off. I was going to leave but I was met by this man.. he.. made me come with him. Once he got me alone, he bit his wrist and made me drink his blood. Then he snapped my neck." Caroline cried, laying her head on my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair as she let it all out. "Then I woke up hours later, confused as hell. And hungry, really hungry. I was going crazy, no food would help. Then I did something bad.."

"Did you attack somebody?" Stefan asked

"Yes.."

On top of the whole werewolf situation, we were still facing the coven of vampires. Now one of these vampires turned my best friend into one. Carrying out some of Katherine's plans? I thought the Katherine problem was over once Damon killer her.

"We're back!" Damon said as him and Elena entered my room. I didn't get a chance to even say hi, Caroline got up and ran to him, her hand was at his throat.

"YOU!" She yelled.

"What the hell? Will somebody get Blondie off me?" Damon asked, confused. Pushing her away. "Uh oh. What happened to you?"

"Can't you tell? I'm a vampire and I remember everything"

"Uhhh..." Damon looked around the room. "Well...this is awkward."

"You manipulated me, you pushed me around, abused me, erased my memories, fed on me." She said, bringing up old memories I wish to never remember. "You suck."

"Wait!" Elena said before things got too awkward. "You're a vampire?! How did this happen?"

We explained everything to Elena. Then Damon and Elena told us about their afternoon at Duke, including Damon taking an arrow in the back to save Elena's life.

"Mason Lockwood is definitely a werewolf." Stefan said

"He went after him, I begged him not to. But he's just as stubborn as you." I told Elena

"Where do we go from here?" Elena asks

"Well-" Damon starts

"Wait. What about Caroline." I asked, she was still here, sitting in the corner. "She's a vampire, she-"

"She's gonna have to die. She's a risk." Damon said

"NO." Elena, Stefan, and myself said at the same time

"Caroline, I know this isn't what you wanted." Stefan started. "But you don't have to be a monster. I can help you, I promise you I will." He reassured her. "As a matter of fact, we should start tonight."

"What about Rachel?" I asked. "How much longer are you gonna allow her to be around Aiden?"

"I'm gonna tell Anna everything, she can help us. She'll keep an eye on Aiden and Rachel until the time is right." Damon said.

I nodded my head. So much has never went on at the same time, its a little draining.

"Well, you better get going. Before the sun comes up." Elena said

That's right, Caroline couldn't walk around in the sun. Stefan agreed and said goodnight to Elena. Caroline & Stefan left, Elena went to bed. I crawled into my own bed. I just wanted to sleep for a whole day to restore myself, today was insane.

"You alright?" Damon asked

"My sister is dating a vampire who is apparently not a very good one. My best friend is now a vampire. Oh yeah, there was a disgusting drooling beast on top of me today."

"You mean other than me?"

At least he made me laugh. "You have to tell Caroline you're sorry."

"Why? She's gonna be dead soon anyway-"

"NO! I swear to god Damon. Caroline is my best friend, if you kill her you might as well say goodbye to me"

"Fine."