Sequel: Bittersweet Memories
Status: finished

Love Bites

Deal.

"So you never wanna speak to me again?"

"That was the idea, Damon." I said, pressing the phone against my ear. "I'm done with everything."

"Savannah, can you just listen to me?"

"I'm done listening to you, Damon."

"Savannah, I still love you."

"Well, that's too bad. I don't love you anymore." I said with as much hatred and anger in my voice that I could conjure up. On the inside, I was dying. If that made any sense… tears rolled down my face but I kept my voice in tact, nobody would be able to tell I was crying.

"You don't mean that."

"Don't you dare tell me what I don't mean, Damon." I spat. "It's okay, I totally get it now. I'm always second choice, never the first priority. You put Katherine before me and now Elena. I hope the two of you have a nice life."

"Savannah, this whole Elena thing isn't what it seems. How would you like it if I just ignored her sadness and her reckless attempts to go after Stefan?"

"I'd rather you pay attention to me." I said. "By the way, you did ruin my life. I'm stuck like this forever, thanks to you. The least you can do is never speak to me again, I'm sure thats not asking too much."

I hung up the phone and sat it down on my pillow, hoping to never hear from Damon again. I don't want to hear from either of them again. I just feel bad for Stefan, when he comes to his senses, he'll see it too. I pushed the covers off me and got out of bed. I walked over to my memory wall and saw all the pictures of us together. Of course, I had a lot with Damon and a lot with Elena. I didn't think erasing them from my life would be this hard, but I found myself crying every time I burned a picture of myself with either of them. I got everything that reminded me of Damon and burned all of it. He's just a memory now, that's what I wanted to believe anyway.

The constant knocking on my door was enough to drive me insane. I went downstairs to answer the door and tried wiping my eyes the best I could. If this is Damon, I'm gonna lose it. If It's Elena, I'll be furious. I opened the door and saw a smirk plastered on an British bastard.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked. "Shouldn't you be hiding from… Michael, is it?" I said with a grin. "Seriously what are you doing here?"

"Well, love." Klaus started then stopped as he tried walking into my house. "What the-"

"This is my fathers house, he's a mortal." I smiled. "Nice try, what do you want?"

"Must of been hard to watch. Damon, your ex-boyfriend, rushing home to rescuing Elena from the hospital." he laughed. "Have you been crying?"

"Yes." I admitted. "What's it to you?"

"Can I come in?"

"Nice try!" I laughed right in his face. "You think I'd allow you in my house so you can gain access to my family? I don't think so." I thought it over slowly, debating on if I should let him in or not. I wasn't sure what he wanted, but I know he didn't go after my sister. Elena is his main problem and since we're no longer friends, I'm no longer a threat to him, Therefore, he has no reason to hurt me or my family. "Come in."

A worried look appeared on Klaus' face as he cautiously stepped forward. "Is this a trap?"

"I hope you're here to kill me." I said in a serious matter

"You want me to kill you?"

"Well, you're a psychopath, that's what you do. Kill me."

"Why would you want me to kill you?" Klaus asked as he regained his composure and took a seat on my couch

"I hate my life." I told him, honestly. "I'm sad and depressed all the time. I don't want to be alone for all of eternity. The only reason I did this was because of Damon, he and I are no longer together. Why do I have to suffer in this body for the rest of my days?"

"You can turn it off, you know." Klaus said. "That humanity switch."

"I'd rather not live anymore." At least not in Mystic Falls. I'm not sure if I want to die just yet, but I wouldn't be sad or scared if it happened. I want to be as far away from this place as possible.

"Damon still loves you." he said. "Why wouldn't he? Look at you."

"Are you insane? I know what you're trying to do." This man was not just flirting with me! As if I'd ever go for that in the first place. He's a psychopath who is completely full of himself

"What?" he smiled

"The flirting. Stop now, it'll never happen. I'm through with vampire boys and you're a psychopath who almost killed one of my best friends."

"And which one of those best friends were you talking about?"

"Tyler." I said then repeated his name. "You almost killed Tyler, Not to mention, you tried to kill me."

I didn't know what he's thinking. I didn't think he was capable of feeling anything for anybody other than himself and maybe his sister. He thinks because he has a cute face and an accent that I'll fall for his tricks. Unless he compels me, he'll have to keep dreaming.

"Look, I can show you. Let's make a deal."

"First. Why did you come over in the first place?"

Klaus sighed and shook his head. "Well, obviously charming doesn't work on you."

"It doesn't." I smiled. "I'm more of an aggressive, violent type."

"Well, we'll make a deal. I'm gonna make your friends think you're dead. See how they react, if you're still sure about dying, I'll do it. I'll end your suffering. If not, you stay alive."

"And whats in this deal for you?" I asked

"It's simple." he said. "You join me and leave this one horse town behind."

"Well, you better hope I change my mind about dying. Deal."

I don't know what I just got myself into, why did I agree to that in the first place? No, why did I even allow him to come in my house? Why? Because I was so sure that he was coming over to try to kill me. Apparently, that wasn't the case. If I knew he'd be hitting on me, I would of slammed the door in his face.

I don't know how well I can fake my death. I can't just let my family and friends go on thinking I'm dead. Especially Caroline and Tyler, Caroline would be completely devastated if she found out I was dead. I guess that I really wanna know is how Damon would react to my death. Will he be sad? Guilty? Will he even care at all?