Status: In Progress.

You Belong With Me

Rain

Daniel and I were walking along the street laughing together. I had never realized how funny and fun he was before. He had already taken me out to lunch. It was a cloudy and cold day, but that didn't stop us from being outside.

"Then what did you do?" I asked him after I calmed down a bit.

"I got the hell out of there and never went back," he said.

This caused a new fit of laughter for us. People who were walking by us stared at us with a funny look, but we didn't care.

"What's your most embarrassing moment?" he asked.

"I'm not telling you."

"You have to!" he said. "I just told you mine. It wouldn't be fair."

"I'd rather not tell," I said.

"Please, Abbie?' he asked. "I won't laugh."

"Bloody hell, Daniel," I said. "Do I have to?"

"Most definitely," he said.

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"I promise."

I thought about what I was going to tell him as we continued walking. I had plenty of embarrassing moments. Who didn't? I never liked talking about them. Not many people knew about them. I finally settled on one to tell him and decided to just come out with it.

"I flashed a teacher once."

"What?" he asked. "How did that happen?"

"It was a dare," I said. "One of my friends in school dared me to flash the next person that walked by us. I was never one to really back down from dares so I turned around and did it. Imagine how I felt when it wound up being one of my old teachers. He just stood there and stared at my chest even after I had put my shirt back down."

I looked over at Daniel to find him holding in his laughter.

"You promised me you wouldn't laugh!"

"I'm not laughing," he said as he tried to look serious. "How much trouble did you get in for that?"

"I got some detention time," I said as I shrugged. "That teacher was a bloody perv. He never stopped looking at my chest after that."

Daniel finally let his laughter out as I glared at him.

"I'm sorry, Abbie," he said. "How can you expect me to not laugh at that. That's just too funny."

"I suppose you're right," I said as I laughed a little too. "I think I made that teacher's year."

"I think you made his whole life," he said.

I shook my head at him as we stopped walking. I wrapped my coat around me tighter as the wind began picking up.

"I've had a great day with you, Abbie," he said.

"As I have with you," I said. "Thank you for inviting me out."

"You don't have to thank me for inviting you to go somewhere with me," he said. "It's my pleasure."

I smiled as I felt a drop of rain hit my face. We both looked up towards the sky as more drops came down. Before long, it started pouring down drops of rain. Daniel grabbed my hand and we started running somewhere that would shelter us from the rain. He finally found us a spot and pulled me in.

"Damn," he said. "We're soaking wet now."

I laughed as I looked at him. There wasn't a dry spot on him. He looked back at me and smiled. I took this time to really look at him. His hair was wet and and messy looking. The shirt he was wearing was clinging to him, which showed off his ripped physique. He looked absolutely sexy. There was no other way of putting it. I looked into his eyes and found him staring back into mine. Everything seemed as if it were moving in slow motion as he began leaning toward me slowly. My heart rate quickened as I closed my eyes. When his lips finally met mine, it felt like my knees were going weak. Thankfully he had wrapped one of his arms around me while he caressed my cheek with his other hand. I wrapped my arms around his neck, which urged him on. He licked my bottom lip asking permission to deepen the kiss, which I granted. It was so passionate, but gentle at the same time.

When we pulled apart, I opened my eyes to find his already looking into mine. The rain continued to pour as we pulled in for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. How many of you saw this coming? Thank you to everyone who has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really do appreciate it :). I never knew this story would be this successful. It's all thanks to you guys :). Please comment and let me know what you think of the story so far.