Status: old story that i'm bring back from the grave. haha.

Respirez Ces Mots

001

The Vegas summer greeted Jamie Price as she walked out of her apartment building on to the busy streets of downtown Las Vegas, Nevada. The bright sunlight casted it's heated glare towards her as soon as she step into it's spotlight. Jamie put on her sunglasses and pulled her purse closer towards her as walked down the crowded sidewalk.

The dry heated wind pasted through her as she hurriedly turn the corner. She pushed her bangs from her face and looked down at her cell phone to see the time. She panic when she saw that she only ten minutes to get to work which was still twenty minutes away.

"Oh shit!" She cursed, stepping from the curb and trying to flag down a taxi.

After three tries, Jamie finally got a taxi to stop for her. She got in and settle in before leaning over to tell the driver where she was going.

"2323 S Decatur Blvd, please." She said, fishing her cellphone out of her purse and quickly texted her boss, Megan that she was on her way.

Jamie lean back against the seat and watch the city past her by until the taxi stop in front Borders Books & Music Store. Her blue eyes flicker over to the meter and saw $18.56 glowing in bold red numbers.

Jamie gave the driver a twenty and told him to keep the change. She stumbled out of the cab and hurriedly ran into the shop before she was extremely late. Jamie pushed up her sunglasses and quickly walk over to the back room where Nayja and Mel were sitting with Megan, their boss.

"I see you made it." Megan said as she looked over at Jamie.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I couldn't sleep last night and I overslept." She responded, putting her purse into her locker and slamming the door shut.

"Its fine. Just don't make a habit out of it." Megan said, leaving the three girls in the backroom as she made her way to the front.

Jamie lean against her locker and sighed tiresome to herself. The dreams she's been having lately are now affecting her not only emotionally, but physically too. Every morning when she wakes up, she feels that her body had been dried of energy and no matter what she did she could never lose that feeling.

"Hello! Earth to Jamie!" Nayja said waving her hand in front of Jamie's face and causing the young women to snap out of her daze "You alright there girly?" She asked only out of worry for her best friend.

Jamie blinked a couple of times before answering her. "Yeah, I'm fine just slightly tired." She mumbled out and closed her locker door, "No need to worry." She said smiling at Nay before heading back to the front of the store.

Both Mel and Nay gave each other looks before following behind their dark haired friend and went to work.

Image


The cool breezed pasted through Jamie as she sat by her open window. Her phone gripped loosely in her hands as she gazed out in to the lights of Las Vegas. She knew she should be out there with her friends, enjoying the cool night, but instead she felt the need to stay in tonight and just curl up with a crappy romance novel.

She felt her phone vibrate in her hands causing her to break her gaze of the outside world and towards the little device in her hand. Jamie flipped her phone over and put in the password before she was graced with a text from Nayja.

Giirrrrrl, you need to get your ass ready in twenty minutes because you're going out with Mel, Cathy and I. So be ready by the time we show up.

A small smile graced her lips while she texted a respond back to her friend. Jamie quickly got up her spot by her open window and quickly shut it before walking towards her room. An outfit already laid on her bed from earlier when she was getting ready for work.

Jamie got dressed and was putting on her shoes when she heard the front door open and the sound of loud talking soon greeted her ears.

"Jamie, hurry your ass up." Melanie said walking into her friend's room with Nayja and Cathy right behind her, "You're wasting precious drinking time."

"Hold on I'm almost done." Jamie stated making sure she had everything in her purse, "Now we can go." She said pushing everyone out of her room and towards the front door.

"Where are we going anyways?" Jamie asked once they were out of her apartment and heading down the stairs.

"We are going to that new club that just open up on the strip." Nay grinned pushing open the door and letting the cool Nevada wind course through them as they step outside.

"Oh." Jamie mumbled following behind Cathy and Melanie with Nayja on her right side, "Isn't going to be hell trying to get in?" She asked

"Not when you know the bouncers." Cathy spoke not once looking back at Jamie has they walked down the crowed streets, "Anyways you should know we have no trouble getting into clubs." She said flipping her bleach blonde hair over her overly tan shoulders.

Jamie resisted a urge to roll her eyes and choose not to say anything has they grew closer to the club. She could hear the music pumping inside the building even though they were a good half a mile away.

"Here's to night of dancing and drinking!" Mel shouted causing people to look their way, but the girls ignored them as they hurried up their walking to get to the club sooner.

'Let the night begin' Jamie thought to herself as they walked up to the bouncer who took one look at them and let them in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Work outfits;;
work Jamie's
Nayja's
Mel's

Club outfits;;
Jamie's
Nay's
Mel's
Cathy's

First official chapter of my Max Green story. I hope you guys like it and I look foreword to reading your comments. Also the next chapter Jamie has a encounter with Max ;)

Much love,
jamieee.