Status: Active

Phantom Horse

Chapter 5

When I woke up I stretched my arms out and yawned. When I laid my hands back down I felt rough fur and looked down to see Ballad curled up in a ball asleep. I smiled and patted his head as I slowly made my way out of bed hoping not to wake him up. My bare feet hit the carpet and I stood up and walked over to my dresser and grabbed a white tank top and brown shorts that stopped just at my inner thigh. I walked into my bathroom and turned on the cold water and then started to add the hot water to make it just the right temperature. When I felt it was right I started to strip out of my clothes and undergarments and slipped into the shower.

When I got out I slipped on my new pair of undergarments and clothes on and walked out of my bathroom and into my room. When I looked at my bed I saw two soft brown eyes surrounded by red and white. I smiled at Ballad, "Morning Ballad."

"Morning to you too Miss Luna." Ballad yipped.

I chuckled, "So what are you thinking on doing today?"

Ballad twitched his nose and ears as in thought, "Maybe go and hunt for a rabbit. Dog food is okay... Just not for a 3 meals days deal."

"Ah, I have to agree. It doesn't smell too good." I said smiling at him on my bed.

He did a little laugh that sounded like a yip and a purr at the same time, "It smells fine by me. Just not my cup of tea as you humans says it."

"I'm not human to be exact. I'm a unicorn. Which is by the way soon to be late for school if I don’t get my butt into gear?" I laughed nervously.

"Then I suggest you better hurry up and go." Ballad yipped at me with a little bit of concern and urgency in it.

I hurriedly jogged out to the back and slowed down as I reached the little room filled with hay. I grabbed a pitchfork and heaved some into the hay rack thing and filled up the water in the trough. I saw that my herd was under the trees still fast asleep early this morning besides some of the stallions which were taking their turns keeping watch. The ones keeping watch nickered to me and I smiled at them as I quickly walked back inside. I walked over to my kitchen and quickly fried me and egg and a few pieces of bacon. Over my lifetime I perfected cooking but I hated to cook most the time unless there was someone to cook for besides me. Remembering that I have to go to work this weekend.

When I finished I walked over to my little table and set my plate down on the little table mat as I sat down. I heard the tapping on the wood as Ballad made his way over to me. I smiled knowing he would want a piece and I grabbed a piece of my bacon and held it to where it was low enough to for him to reach. He sniffed it and yipped happily as he gently grabbed it making sure that he didn't hurt me. I patted his head softly after he took the piece out of my hand and started to eat my food quickly but not to fast so I wouldn’t burn the inside of my mouth. After I finished I grabbed my backpack and car keys as I headed towards the door. Before I walked out outside I turned towards Ballad who was sitting on my couch watching me, "Be good and also be safe."

"I will be fine Miss Luna." He yipped with a slight chuckle sound.

I shook my head at him, "And please stop calling me Miss. It makes me feel old, even if I am supposed to be."

"Bye Milady." He yipped and looked like he stuck out his tongue at me.

I chuckled, "See ya later tonight Ballad."

After that I closed the door behind me and locked it behind me. I turned and walked towards the road. Some you may be asking why don't I just have a car? I don't really like them since they pollute the earth and also around 40,000 people die a year from car accidents. I'm not willing to have one for those reasons. Yes I will take rides here and there in them but I will not let one take me for long distances away. Yes I am what you call a tree hugger and respect Earth's gifts.

On my way to school a bunch of cars past me and some trucks did. I really didn't pay attention when I looked over I caught a glimpse of a familiar white truck slowing to a halt. The window went down and Matt's face showed, "Hey I stopped by your house to see if you wanted a ride but no one answered besides something yipping. So I hoped that you wouldn't be too far down the road."

I smiled at him, "Since you took the time out to stop by my house to ask I guess I should take up your offer on the ride."

"Great, hop in." Matt said smiling like a wood chipper.

I laughed as I opened his truck door and heaved myself up and into the seat. He turned his music back up and the songs by Sublime, Linkin Park, The All American Rejects, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, stuff like Alternative Rock bands. I tapped my foot to the music silently. I loved almost all genre besides rap. The only rapper I can stand is Eminem. Yes he has pretty foul language in it but hey his lyrics have meaning to them. Most people don't like him because he raps but not a lot of people actually listen to his lyrics.

I felt eyes on me so I looked over to see Matt staring at me curiously, "What?"

"Just curious? What kind of music do you like?" He asked.

I chuckled silently, "Let's just say almost everything."

"Ah okay, well I hope you don't mind my music. If not then you can change it if you want too?" He said with his eyebrow rising.

I smiled at him, "I'm fine with it."

He smiled back and nodded his head as he pulled into the parking lot of school. He got out quickly and quickly walked around to the side I was sitting and opened the door for me. I felt a slight blush creep onto my cheeks. No one has ever done this for me. Well I normally just declined every guy who asks for a ride. But I guess I'm starting new here. I lowered myself from the passenger seat as he closed the door and looked at him, "Thank you, for the rides I mean."

He just grinned slightly, "Eh it's no problem. I enjoy company the company of someone pretty. If you'd like I could give you a ride home after my school. Just meet me here after you get out of class."

For some reason I felt more heat rise to my cheeks probably making them even a deeper shade of red. "I-I-I would l-lo-love to that."

If it could it almost seemed like his grin grew even wider, "You're welcome Luna."

Just then the five minute bell rang and I was off to my elective in technology. I hated having to act like a beginner at this when I know it already. Mr. Trochee walked around the classroom looking at student's who needed the most help. Every time he asked if I needed help I would tell him that I wanted to figure it out on my own.

Mr. Trochee didn't mind if the student's messaged each other as long as they were learning. I normally didn't even bother im'ing anyone. I inhaled as I began to repeat the sentence; I like to type. Which I really wouldn't call that much of a sentence. But it was quick and easy to type it. I already know how to type with out looking at they keyboard but I can't help but let my eyes flicker towards it sometimes. Just as I was finishing up the last of it a box popped up from somebody I didn't know.

Travis: I heard your friends with Matt?

Who is this? I quirked and eyebrow as I typed;

Luna: He's an acquaintance. Why?

I waited as I saw that he was typing back;

Travis: Well not just any acquaintance get's to ride with Matt.

He was confusing me. Was he suggesting that Matt wouldn't have given me a ride if I didn't mean something to him? I shook my head trying to clear away the thought as I typed;

Luna: Well... an acquaintance just did.

I inhaled deeply as I saw that the little writing below flashing Travis is writing and then his message popped up;

Travis: Oh, I see why he let you. He's pretty sly.

What does that mean? I replied;

Luna: What do you mean you see why? And are you trying to tell me he's a player?

A less than half a second he answered;

Travis: You are the feisty type. He can be a player but he isn't always. He's my best friend btw.

My eyebrow rose as I read what he said and rolled my eyes;

Luna: Well, I don't like people referring me in a category. Thanks for the advice though. Bye.

I quickly signed out and finished the last few sentences left.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Me and Ginger walked into the Gym and into the locker room where all our P.E. things are. We opened our lockers and stripped out of clothes and replaced them with gray shirts with the schools lingo on it. A white horse running through the trees. Apparently they changed it from Dingo's to the mystic white horse that only appears once a year. I chuckled. Which if only they knew that white horse they think is myth lives in their county. I slipped on the silver shorts and tied my hair into a pony tail as I waited for Ginger to finish.

We both walked out of the locker room and out into the middle of the gym. I heard giggles and glanced over at the girls who think they're all that. They were watching everyone and gossiping about them. I'm pretty sure they gossip about me and Ginger but I could care less to who gossips about me. There's nothing to gossip about. I don't give them anything to truly get juicy details from me.

I heard someone call my name and looked over to see Matt jogging over to where me and Ginger stood. He was smiling as he slowed down to stop infront of us. I smiled back as Ginger gave that "oh who is this?" look which made me just roll my eyes. I looked back at Matt, "Hey Matt, this is my best friend Ginger. Ginger meet Matt."

"Hello there Mr. Popular." She said as she stuck out her hand.

He laughed at her and shook her hand, "It's nice to meet you too Ginger."

Ginger looked at me, "So how'd you meet him?"

I chuckled slightly and looked at Ginger, "Eh, I was walking home after school yesterday and he asked me if I wanted a ride."

Ginger gasped and narrowed her eyes at him, "What if he was a creeper?"

Matt gave her a hurt expression and I shrugged, "He doesn't look like the type to rape someone."

Once realization hit that I had said type. This reminded me about Travis. Ginger must have saw my expression because she asked, "You okay Luna?"

I snapped out of thought and looked at her then at Matt who looked at me with a hint of concern, "Yeah, I'm fine Gin. I just remembered something." I looked at Matt, "Are you friends with a Travis?"

His eyebrow rose in confusion, "Yeah... Why?"

"Because he messaged me in technology class this morning." I said as Matt started to shake his head from side to side.

He sighed, "What did he say to you?"

"Just that you wouldn't give just any acquaintance a ride." I said with no expression on my face.

Matt rolled his eyes, "What an ass. I can't believe he'd say something like that. Especially about his own best friend. What else did he say?"

"That you were somewhat of a player." I breathed out.

A hurt expression came over his face, "Well that hurts."

"Sorry." I said apologetically.

I could kind of tell that he was popular and a player since I could hear the girls whispering and glaring at me and Ginger. He looked at me confused, "Why are you saying sorry?"

"Because your friend said that about you... But I kind of have to agree with him. You are popular and you've got almost every girl here after you." I said and emphasized the word almost.

I heard a few gasps around me and noticed some jealous girls made their way closer every second. I looked back at Matt whose expression held anger, "What do you mean by almost every girl here?"

"I don't know about Ginger but I know most of the Goth’s and emo's hate you and I don't quite particularly like to be played. So if you feel like hitting on a random girl and then breaking her heart. Don't talk to me. Because I do not want to deal with other people’s drama and bullshit." I said emotionlessly.

If it seemed like a mild anger before he was now even angrier but I didn't care. I wasn't my fault he was a a player. I turned around and walked off before he could explode at me for speaking my mind. I saw a lot of the girls with their mouths gaping at me like Ic can't believe she did that to him. I really didn't even want to get myself into this kind of trouble with someone but it wasn't my fault his best friend told me that he was one. Well to be exact he said somewhat of a player which I said. After that, Coach Watson came out and blew his whistle to get everyone in order...