Status: Active

I'll Be Waiting up Counting the Stars

No Man Is An Island

"You want to-- you want to what?" I stuttered, sitting up straighter.

"I want to adopt him. I mean, I know I'm never going to be his real dad, but I love the kid, Janie."

"He really loves you too." I whispered with tears in my eyes. "We both do."

He didn't say anything, he just leaned up and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed back extremely passionately as I brought my hands up to his face. We separated for only very short, necessary amounts of time. Suddenly he sat up very quickly with his arms wrapped around me. He stood up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He carried me the whole way up the stairs and into my bedroom. He placed me on the bed and propped himself up on his knees above me.

"I love you." He panted as he struggled to get my clothes off.

"I love you too." I sighed.

In no time we were making love like we hadn't in years. We were so close and it just felt more passionate than sex. It was amazing. It felt incredible in every single way.

"Baby, that was perfect." Austin whispered before placing a small kiss on my forehead.

"I know...it was scrumtrulescent." I smirked.

We laughed and I suddenly remembered Jack sleeping just one room over.

"Shit! He's gonna be up soon. Get dressed!" I told him as I sprung up from the bed and started putting on all my clothes.

I was fully dressed and so was Austin before we walked into Jack's room together.

"Sweetie, it's time to wake up." I whispered as I sat on the edge of his little bed.

"Hm?" He asked, turning over.

"Jack, it's time to get up buddy. Didn't you say you wanted to play uno?" Austin told him, giving me a small smile as his eyes met mine.

"Yeah." He yawned as he stretched his little arms above his head.

We all strode downstairs and pulled out the uno cards along with some snacks.

"Mama, I heard weird noises when I was sleeping. It sounded like when you move the couch." Jack said suddenly.

Austin choked on his coke and I turned bright red.

"You know sweetie, Austin and I were moving the couch but we decided that we liked it where it was." I lied.

I looked over across from me to see a huge smirk under a perfect mustache.

"Oh. I thought so." He nodded.

We continued playing games for awhile until we heard something outside.

A cab was pulling in my driveway and I gasped at who got out.

"Hey, why don't you guys go watch tv." I said as I stood up and walked to the door.

"Janie-" Austin began.

"Just go." I whispered before stepping out on the front porch.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I need to ask you something." He said, eyes piercing through me.

"And what's that?"

"Janie, I love you. I need you. Will you please marry me?" He asked, getting down on one knee.

"Where's the ring?" I asked sarcastically, rolling me eyes.

Then it hit me.

"Wait- you're broke, aren't you?" I cried.

"What are you talking about, darling? I love you, I want to be with you. And Jack, too."

"Before you left your parents died in that accident. You already burned through your inheritance, didn't you?" I asked.

He sighed and got up off his knee.

"I have nothing left, Janie. I've got a hundred dollars in my bank account. I need your help."

"You didn't pay me a cent. You never bought Jack a birthday present, a christmas present, or even fucking lunch. You're a real piece of shit, Jacob. I'm ashamed that you're the father of my child." I spat angrily, finally letting my harbored resentment out.

"Fuck off! You don't know anything. You were always a bitch and you always will be. I can't believe I thought you'd help me." He scoffed, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Wait. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. How about we make a deal?" I asked.

"What's that?" He asked me.

I sat down on my front porch steps and patted a seat next to me.

"You don't want to be in Jack's life. I don't want you to be anymore. You wouldn't be a good dad, just accept it. I'm in love with a guy and he wants to adopt Jack. If you're cooperative and sign the papers, I'll give you some money. Deal?"

"You're something else, Janie. I'll be good, but I wanna talk to your man." He smiled.

"Jacob, don't screw things up." I warned. "If you screw things up, no money."

"I'll be good, I swear. Scots honor." He smirked.

I chuckled at the pun and rolled my eyes.

"I'll send him out." I turned to go back in the house, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Thank you, darlin'. For everything." He whispered as he hugged me tight.

"Don't get used to it." I said before pulling away and walking inside.

"Austin?" I called out. I heard a scramble in the living room and knew that my boys had been watching the scene out front.

"Uh, yeah?" He asked as he walked over to me, Jack peeking out from the corner.

"He wants to talk to you, just be civil." I sighed as I walked over to pick Jack up.

Austin nodded and walked outside.

Austin

"Austin?" The guy said in his stupid irish voice.

"Yeah, and Jacob, is it?" I asked.

"Yeah. Listen, I just wanted to say thank you for giving the kid a dad. But with Janie," here it goes. This guy is going to tell me to stay away from her. "Just treat her right. She deserves the world and more and from the looks of you, I don't think you could give it to her, but when I see the look in her eyes I know you can. She doesn't deserve any more shit. Just make her happy."

At first I didn't know what to say.

"Um, thanks man. I'll do everything I can. I know how great she is." I nodded.

"Don't break her heart. I already did it too many times."

"I won't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments: Kes11, Nothingpersonal10,Becohh, lovelyhope, RoRo15, briie babiie28, and Smoke and Mirrors.

I know this one was kinda crappy but I was anxious to get something out.

5 comments for an update? Happy valentines day!