Status: Active

No Goodbyes This Time

The Yule Ball.

"Hold still, Hermione!" I said, pinning her hair up in the girl's dormitory.

"Are you sure about this, Hayley?" She asked.

"Absolutely. Just because I don't like girly things doesn't mean I can't make you look pretty." I had managed to make her hair less bushy and more smooth and sleek. I tied it up into a tight bun. She was wearing a floor length pink dress that had purple frills and a purple bow around her waist. I swiped some blush across her cheeks and carefully put a tiny bit of mascara on her eyelashes. "You look beautiful." I said, stepping back.

"Really?" She asked, spinning around. "Thank you, Hayley. You look very pretty too."

"No problem and thank you." I had found a spell to get my hair straight and had pinned my hair up loosely. My mother sent me a black dress that was layered around the bottom. I wore some black converse shoes, you can force me to wear a dress, but don't even try to put me in heels. "Quick, we need to get downstairs or Krum will be wondering where you are." I nudged her.

We rushed off down the stairs. The school was deserted, I expected everyone would already be at the ball. I heard people muttering around the entrance of the Great Hall. I shoved Hermione out into the open.

"Go on! Everyone will love you!" I said. She looked nervous then glided down the stairs.

"She looks beautiful!" Parvati mused.

"Yeah, she does." Harry said. I appeared behind her and saw Dean waiting patiently by the door. Krum took Hermione by the hand and they walked together. I jumped down the steps and walked to Dean.

"Sorry, I'm a little late." I said.

"That's okay. You look very nice. I like your shoes." He said and took me quickly into the room and behind a bunch of students, pushing people out of the way to see the champions.

The champions entered. Harry with Parvati, Cedric with Cho Chang, Krum with Hermione and Fleur with Roger Davies, the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain. Trumpets sounded as they made their way to the dance area.

"This way." I said. I grabbed Dean's hand and pulled him towards where Harry and the rest of them.

The music began and they danced awkwardly around in circles, lifting the girls into the air occasionally. Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall stepped out onto the floor. I noticed Filch dancing with his cat, Mrs. Norris, on the side. Hagrid walked Madam Maxime onto the floor, followed by Neville and Ginny. Mad-Eye Moody was sitting in the corner drinking dazily.

"Don't you dare make me go out there." I said to Dean.

"I'd rather not go out there myself, to be honest." He said.

"Good!" I said and laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
No dancing! Ugh. Well, at least not formal dancing. Waltz - BLARGH. Ehehe Nigel Thornberry.
-Ellie x