Status: Active :)

Love on Ice (Life With The Broad Street Bullies)

2 Gingers... 2 Dates

*December 2011*

I was walking around Philly, doing some last minute Christmas shopping. I sighed as I looked at the couples. The sweet lovey couples.

The doctor tells me I got into an accident. I was racing to the airport to move to Columbus with my boyfriend of 3 years, Jeff Carter. I got hit by someone who was trying to run a red light. They said it was a miracle I survived. I don't remember any of it. The last thing I remember was meeting Jeff for the first time.  

I love Jeff.

Apparently he thought that me not showing up was our way of breaking up. No one contacted him about the accident. I haven't heard from him since June. 

Now, I'm just being introduced to my father's team. My dad says I've met them before. He says that I'm close to a lot of them. Maybe that's why strange people kept visiting me in the hospital. I was so confused! 

As I walked into the arena, I gripped my dad's hand tightly. "I'm scared."

He smiled. "Stay out here for a second, baby girl. I'm going to make sure they are all decent." He walked into the locker room, made eye contact with everyone. I know they knew about the accident. Dad was just making sure none of them treated me differently. "Boys, it's her first day back. Don't swarm her. She shouldn't be getting overwhelmed. Just let her do her thing. Danny, go get her. She recognizes you. Thank you for letting her stay your nanny."

"We love having her, coach." Danny went and got me. "Hey, beautiful."

I hugged him. "Danny!" Danny was the only Flyer I knew.

Danny chuckled. "Bri! How are you, my sweet?"

"I'm good." I looked in front of me to see a guy with a very curly red bob.

The guy kissed my hand. "Adrienne. Beautiful Adrienne. I am Scott Hartnell. You used to call me Hartsy. You used to tell me that I was the Hart in your chest." He flashed me an award winning smile.

It took all that I had in me not to swoon. I think he picked up on that because he stepped closer to me. Danny glared at him. "We were talking, Scott."

Scott smiled. "I'll be just but a minute, Danny." He held my hand in his. "Can I take you out on a date?"

I blushed. "Yes."

He grinned. "Yes?"

I smiled. "Yes. I would love to go out with you."

Just then I saw another ginger walk out from around the corner. "Adri, I was going to ask you out. It appears I have lost my chance."

I looked at the younger man. "A date would be nice." I gave both of the gingers my number. "Keep in contact, boys. This date expires. I don't like waiting." I walked back into the locker room. "Daddy, I think it's time to go home."

Dad slung an arm around my waist. "I agree, sweetheart."

Dad and I bid the hockey players adieu and went home.

I crawled into bed and checked my phone. I had two texts.

Hartnelldown: Hey Adrienne. You looked fantastic tonight. I was wondering if I could take you out tomorrow night.

Angel: I'd love to. Text me the time and details tomorrow.

G-Sus: Adri, baby. I called your dad. You're coming on our road trip with us. I was wondering if I could help you sight-see. We could catch lunch and I'll even hold your bags as you shop. Let me know. XOXO.

L'ange: I can't wait. I bet you'll be the best tour guide ever.

I turned my phone off and went to bed. I have a few busy days ahead of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
The texts represent who is talking Hartnelldown is Hartnell's name in Adrienne's phone. G-Sus is Giroux's name in Adrienne's phone. Angel is Adrienne's name in Hartnell's phone. L'ange (means angel in French) is Adrienne's name in Giroux's phone.