Status: Completed!

Already Dead Inside

Amy

Amy just stood there smiling. “So, can I come in?” I nodded and stepped aside to let her through. Mikey did the same.

I noticed his eyes were following her as she walked past him into the sitting area. Something about the look in his eyes told me he was thinking. Thinking about blood... A smile spread across his face, proving that I was right.

I elbowed him in the side. His head snapped up, looking confused. I shook my head. “No.” He just smiled again and sat back down on the chair, avoiding the couch. He never sat there ever since...

My thoughts were interrupted as Amy walked over and hugged me. “I've missed you! It's been, what, like 3 years?!”

I attempted the best smile I could and nodded. “I've missed you too!” I was telling the truth. I did miss her. She was one of my closest friends in Jersey. She would always hang out with Me, Mikey, Frank and Ray. One day she decided we should be more than friends. Of course I agreed. Just as we were getting serious with our relationship my parents got a job here in Chicago. I wanted more than anything to stay there with her.

I look down at her and smile. She is just simply beautiful. Her auburn hair fell just above her shoulders, and her eyes a brilliant shade of green. She broke away from our hug and looked at me.

“Well you're still looking as good as ever. Letting your hair grow out again?” I nodded. “Yeah, I thought about cutting it actually.”

She shook her head and placed a quick peck on my cheek. “Nah, I like it.” I couldn't help the smile from spreading across my face.

“Would you like to sit down?” She nodded then sat down on the couch, I followed quickly behind. Mikey winced as we both sat down. He shook his head and turned his attention back to the TV.

“So, what brings you to Chicago?” She shrugged. “I dunno. I just wanted to get away I guess. Things have never really been the same with you gone. Nothing interesting ever happened.” We both started laughing.

“So you didn't just come here to see me?” I put a fake pout on my face. She nodded. “You were a big part of it.”

“You could have just called.”
"Well I would have Mr. Way, if I had your number.

I chuckled and brought her into a hug. “I am glad that you're here though. I've really missed you, Amy.”

Mikey looked back over to us and just smiled as the news came back on. They were showing a student picture of Damien. Amy looked towards the TV. “Isn't that just awful?”

Mikey scoffed. I glared at him. He just smiled and focused his attention on the story. He smiles every time they even mentioned the word brutal, murder, and blood.

Amy turned towards Mikey. “Isn't he from the school you go to Mikey?” He just nodded. “Did you know him?” His smile grew wider. “Yes. I knew him very well. Very well.” A small giggle escaped his lips.

“You still doing well in school, Mikey?” Mikey's smile quickly fell. He stood up and walked off to who knows where.

Amy looked confused. “Did I say something?” I shook my head. “School is just a bit of a touchy subject with him.”

I turned the TV to another channel. I didn't care much for the news anymore.

“So how's Frankie and Ray ray?” I cringed at their names. She noticed. “What's wrong?”

I felt a tear run down my cheek. She sat up and grabbed my chin so that I was looking at her. “What is it?” I couldn't tell her the truth. I just couldn't. I gritted my teeth to try and stop the sobs.

“Ray and Frank have been missing for almost a week now. No one has heard from them.” Another tear runs down my cheek as the images of blood and bin bags plague my mind.

“I don't miss them.” I jerked as I noticed that Mikey was standing right behind the couch, looking down at us.

Amy snapped her head up. “How could you say that. Can't you see how much your brother cares for them and misses them? How can you be so cruel.”

Mikey laughed and walked over to the kitchen.

“What in the hell is wrong with him, Gerard?”

I shake my head. “I-I don't know.” I sighed. “I don't know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know :/ Just introducing Amy a bit here.
Comment?
Subscribe?
We'd love it if you did!!