Will You Swear on Your Life?

Part 4

I sighed looking at the door; Brian was sitting in front of me. His head hung low as he rubbed his temples.

"Wh.. so..." he stuttered. He looked up at me, and took in a deep breath. "Do you think you're pregnant?"

"I don’t know." My voice was barely addible. I looked back at the door, where I knew Jimmy sat waiting for Brian to leave.

Jimmy didn’t take the new to well when I said I might be pregnant; I didn’t see him for days. Until one day he just showed up. He explained to me why he took it so bad.. he told me that if I was pregnant he was there for me every step of the way.

I looked at Brian, his eyes showed fear; he knew the task that lay a head if I was pregnant.... Telling my parents.

"I...i. just wanna make sure before I let then know Jimmy." I sighed frustration taking over my body.

"You've pass three pregnancy tests." He replied sitting on the bed next to me. "You're pregnant." He stated laying his head in my lap.

"I know I just wanna make damn sure that I am... I wanna see it." I ran my hands through his black locks.

"If they don’t approve... or over react and kick you out. You can move to California with me and the guys." He kissed my lower belly. "I always take care of you."

"Will you swear on you life?" I said quoting one of my favorite songs.

"What life I have it's yours." He said smiling up at me, I leaned down and kissed him.

"Okay..." I sighed entering my parent's house. "I can do this." I walked into the living room. Mark my youngest brother was sitting on the couch watching Scooby Doo, Trey also a younger brother was laying in the floor reading a stupid DND book.

"Where's mom?" I asked kicking Mark's feet off the coffee table.

"In the kitchen." Trey said. I turned and walked out of the room heading across the hall into the kitchen. The golden yellow envelope gripped tightly in my sweaty hands.

"M..mom?" I exhale vociferously, as I slid onto one of the bar stools.

"What do you want now?" she grumbled, she looked like a mess. Now wasn’t the right time but when would it ever be a right time to tell your mom that her oldest child 17 year of age was impregnated by a 26 year old. I slid the envelope towards her, my hand trembling as I positioned it into my lap.

"What's this?" she asked picking it up.

"The worst news you'll every have to hear.... out side of death." I said barely audible.
The flap of the envelope folded back, her hand slid gently into the envelope... pulling out the sonogram picture.

"Yoour.." she dropped the envelope and the picture. A sob escaped from her before she finally looked up at me. "You're pregnant?"

"I...i I am." I said a tear slid down my face.

"S..an. Who's the dad?"

I closed my eyes tightly "Jimmy."