Status: Story for the Story Telephone game - info in comments, don't read story if you want to participate

Telephone

Chapter Two

When Erin woke up the next day her arms instantly felt for James on the other side of the bed and it took her a moment to remember why there was no one there. The woman sighed heavily as she got up, rubbing the drowsiness from her eyes. The moment she stepped foot in the kitchen she noticed the blinking red light on the telephone. Grinning to herself, Erin pressed the right numbers and held the phone up to her ear to here the awaiting message.

“Hey, babe. The guys and I got here just fine and we’re driving to the first venue right now. I’ll text you later. I love you.” Erin sighed as the voicemail ended. It wasn’t even 24 hours and Erin already missed James like crazy. He was gone for a little over a month with his band to tour some parts of Europe and while the woman supported James completely she still wasn’t fond of saying goodbye to him every time he’d go away again.

The woman looked around their apartment with weary eyes; uncomfortable with the heavy silence of enveloped the place. Maybe she’d ask Nadia to come stay with her again for a little while, her friend and colleague never seemed to mind.

Thinking of work, Erin realized that she would be late if she didn’t hurry to get ready. She hurriedly went and put on some clothes, not even bothering taking a shower. She then pulled her brown hair into a messy bun and applied some makeup to liven up her pale face. Checking the time on her phone yet again she grabbed her sketch book and keys and made her way out of the apartment building.

Erin could only hope that Mrs. Stinson didn’t go and walk her dog today since every time Erin bumped into the old lady she was stuck talking to her for a good twenty minutes. Luck was in her favour that day as the woman met no one and was quickly able to get in her Mazda and drive away.

It wasn’t a long drive to the tattoo shop where Erin had started working approximately two years ago and there was never too much traffic either so she made it to the building in record time. It wasn’t the biggest place but it was very busy and Erin always had many appointments during the day.

When she opened the door she was met with the familiar ringing of a bell and the sound of Nadia singing to one of her favourite tunes playing on the radio.

“There she is!” the latter cried out, momentarily stopping her horrid singing to hand Erin a cup of Starbucks coffee. This was why Nadia was her best friend. “It’s okay, you’re not that late. Only Patrick’s here, also.”

Erin nodded absently; too busy sipping her warm coffee to care about much else at the moment.

“Your first appointment should be here soon. I don’t know anything about him, he never came here before. His name’s Joey though.” Nadia said, checking the papers which she was supposed to keep organized but were strewn everywhere behind the counter.

“Thanks, Nadia. I’ll go get ready.” Erin smiled at the other woman before walking past her to go sit at her station, waiting for this Joey guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short but still. (:
Comment and tell us what you think so far?
<333