Status: We'll update as much as we can.

I'm Not a Monster, but Together We Can Live Forever

Hotel Trouble

Kris’s POV

When I woke up, Brian was snuggled into my side, snoring softly. He was by the curtain so there was no way I was going to be able to get out without waking him up. He looked so cute when he was sleeping that I really didn’t want to wake him up, but I had to piss really bad. I slowly pulled my arm away from his head and lifted my leg over him. Right when I was about to get out of the bunk I fell right on top of him. His eyes bolted open and he looked down at me.

“If you wanted some of this,” he motioned to himself. “All you had to do was ask.”

“Oh, shut up.”

I rolled my eyes, moving the curtain back, grabbing some clothes and going to the bathroom. After finishing all my business I walked out and went to the kitchen area. I really didn’t feel like making anything, so I grabbed a granola bar and started channel surfing. Ugh, morning television. Brian came out a few seconds later, a beanie covering his probably disheveled hair. He sat down next to me and stared at me through narrowed eyes.

“What’s up?”

“Sammi smacked me yesterday.”

“Was it in the face?”

“No, but-”

“Then it doesn’t matter,” I shrugged.

He scoffed and turned back towards the TV, muttering something about abuse. I laughed and threw the wrapper in the trash and sat on Brian’s lap.

“Please don’t be mad at me,” I pouted, giving him my puppy dog look.

“I could never be mad at you,” he sighed, putting his chin on my shoulder. “You look really pretty today.”

“Really? I didn’t do anything special.” I looked down at my outfit; jeans, a Nirvana shirt and some high-tops.

“I know, but, you just look really beautiful.”

Well, this is weird. Brian’s called me beautiful before, but this just felt different. The other times were at Prom or something like that, not just a random compliment.

“Thanks, Bear. You look nice, too.” The end came out as a question.

“Thanks, Babe.” Babe? What the fuck is going on?

“Are you okay, Brian?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Okay, then.”

We stayed like that for a while until everybody started waking up. Sammi made me eat a proper breakfast, not that I was complaining. I kept thinking about why Brian was acting like that. He also kept giving me weird looks, like ones of want. I mean, I get some of it. He is a guy, I know men have needs, but this has never happened before. I was even there in his teenage years. Leana was still giving Sammi dirty looks, which I know was humoring Sam. Jimmy looked like he didn’t want to get in the middle of anything, so she stayed away from them.

We were supposed to get to a hotel tonight because the guys had a show tomorrow. We were all excited to sleep in actual beds and not tiny bunks. The guys were getting a little stir crazy, especially Jimmy and Johnny. I got my iPod and listened to some music while everyone else played video games. I got bored and fooled around on my phone, seeing I had a missed text from Sam.

'Z kissed me...'

My eyes widened and I looked over at Sam. She was playing some racing game with JB, but I noticed that Zacky was looking at her with great interest. Either she didn’t notice it or was damn good at pretending not to know it.

~

The hotel was just another Holiday Inn, nothing too special. There was going go be 4 people a room, even though there were 13 of us. Sam, Zacky, Brian and I were going to room together. Val, Matt, Jimmy and Leana were rooming together. JB, Matty, Fred, Johnny and Lacey were going to all have to fit in one room. Sam and I collapsed on a bed when we got there, even though the bed wasn’t the most comfortable. Brian went to go take a shower while the rest of us settled in. Zacky went to talk to Matt about something, so I turned to Sam.

“Zack kissed you?” I asked. She turned and looked at me.

“Yeah,”

“Why?”

“Well, I kinda told him to. But I didn’t think he would do it.” She explained.

I should’ve figured that would’ve happened. Never expect Zacky to do anything; he always surprises you. I heard the shower stop so I dropped the conversation, knowing that Sam would tell me if anything else happened. Brian walked out of the bathroom in pajama pants and no shirt, his hair damp and clinging to his forehead. He laid on the bed and watched the TV, which was playing some movie with Chris Farley in it. We heard a knock at the door and I went to open it, thinking it was just Zacky who forgot the room key.

When I opened the door, it was not Zacky. I’m guessing on the fact that she looked a lot like Val, that it was Michelle. Her smile vanished when she saw me, and her eyes started sizing me up.

“Um, hey. Long time no see,” I said, trying to be nice.

“Yeah sure. Is Brian here?” She asked, pushing her way into the room.

Brian’s eyes widened when he saw her, and she ran and jumped on him, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“What are you doing here, Michelle?”

“I came to see you. Val told me that you guys were stopping here first, so I flew out to see you.”

Sam looked at me while I stared at Brian and Michelle. This had just gotten very awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and suckish, I didn't have a lot of inspiration for this chapter.