Status: Slow updates due to total writers block. :(

Innocence

Twelve. Raiden

She wouldn't stop crying. Tears were like rivers down her pink cheeks. I let her cry onto my shoulder as we sat on my bed. We had just got home from the birthday party two hours ago, ever since she hadn't stop crying. I was worried, man was I worried, I couldn't feel the pain she was feeling. Plus, she hadn't even told me what was going through her mind. She hadn't really talked to me at all.

"Raiden?" Adeline asked as she popped her head in my door way. "You guys want some dinner?" I looked to Toby but she wasn't even phased. She ignored her mom being there and cried into my shirt.

I shook my head. "I'm fine. I'll make some dinner for me and Toby later. You guys go out somewhere nice. I got this."

She frowned. "Well, are you sure? She may want me, I am her mom." Toby shook her head and held tighter onto me.

"She probably does." I lied. "But she doesn't seem in the mood to let go of me. I'll take care of her like a brother. I swear. Scouts honor."

"Okay, Okay. Be good, we'll be back in a few hours, my phone number-"

"Is on the fridge." I finished for her. "I know, Adeline. I know. I wont need it. Me and Toby will be okay." Even though I wasn't sure Toby would be okay. I could at least hope. With a blown kiss in Toby's direction, Adeline left.

It was silent in my room except for the ticking of my clock and the whimpers coming from Toby. I ran my fingers through her soft long brown hair.

Slowly, she detached herself from me. "Ray.. Raiden?" She whispered and I realized that her voice cracked.

I looked at her. She looked a mess. Mascara was caked on her cheeks and neck, her hair looked like a forest, and her eyes were dull. "Hmm?" Even thought she looked terrible in a sense, she was still just as beautiful to me.

"Thank you."

"Anytime, sis." I told her, trying to fight the pain in the word 'Sis'. I would have to get used to it eventually.

She scooted away from me. "Don't call me that."

I furrowed my brows. "What? Why?"

"Because, I don't like it."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "October, I thought we got passed the hate. I thought we were friends now.. brother and sister even." At least I would have that. I already admitted it to myself a week ago. I liked Toby, I really did. But there wasn't much to do about it. She already had someone who occupied her heart.. even if he was dead. And we would be related soon. Even though I still prayed my dad would change his mind.

"We did. We are like friends now. But I don't want to be your sister." She admitted.

I sat up. "Ouch." Might as well stab me in the eye.

"Calm down. I like you. I do. Just not like a brother."

I raised an eye brow. "I am unsure of what you are getting at, October."

She groaned. "Don't call me October. I hate that! Call me Toby." She got up and wobbled.
"And you know what I mean. I don't want to say it aloud again."

I walked over to her and stood in front of her. "Toby, sweetie, be careful. I don't want you passing out, you haven't ate all day. But tell me what you mean, I don't understand."

"Ugh, Fine! I like you, okay! Not like a brother, not like a friend, like like like, deep in my heart like. And I know it's wrong for many many reasons. I'm supposed to only care about Preston, I should only care about him. We were supposed to be together. And if I was the one who had died, he would never have liked anyone else. Even if I wanted him to."

I smiled at her and hesitantly wrapped my arms around her. "I like you too." I said softly. "Preston would want you to be happy."

"But we can't be happy. We can't. Our parents are getting married!"

"So? They aren't married right now. If we like each other, what's the problem?" I asked.

She pulled out of my grasp. "It's wrong."

"So wrong, that it almost makes it right." I suggested.

Toby laughed miserably. "Wrongs don't equal to rights."

I pinned my hands against the wall over her head. "Why can't they?"

Since I was so much taller than her she looked up at me. "Well, it's not wrong yet. It will be wrong when they get married- if they get married." I smirked at her with the smirk that she hated.

"Raiden."

"Toby."

She rolled her eyes and glared up at me. "What about Preston?"

"I know you love him, but you have to move on. I will help you. And if you really want to try things out with us, then I will take it slow."

I watched her think about it even though her eyes never left mine. "What if-?" I cut her off.

"You think about everything to much. Just do what you want for once. Just live. Be spontaneous."

She nodded. "Alright."

"Alright?"

Toby put her hand on my chest where my heart was. "I'll give it a shot."

I smirked bigger. "Really?"

"Really."

I leaned towards her to seal the deal but when she caught my intentions she stopped me. She smiled gently at me through all her pain. "Slow."

I sighed and nodded. "A guy can try. But I promise, slow."

"And we have to keep it a secret. My mom would have a fit."

"My dad would go crazy."

She stepped away and stuck her hand out. "A secret?"

I took her hand and shook it. "Secret."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long. I've been worrying about school stuff and the lights were out like all day & night yesterday.

And, then I had to revise the last chapter because it was reported for spelling & no use of paragraphs..

Even though I spell checked and evenly spaced out paragraphs the best I could for my story. But that's okay, I fixed it to the best of my abilities and fixed it as good as I could for this story. Some things have to stay the way they are because it's how I intended it. (See any errors in the last chapter? Send me a message and let me know. Thanks (: )

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm sorry it's short, I wanted to get it out so it wasn't like I abandoned you lovely people.

Chapters will be less common because of a reading project I have to hurry and finish. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Thanks so much for all the comments.

I liked this chapter and really hope you all do too (:

comment&stuff.