Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

Ch. 13

(Cassie's POV)

I slid to the floor and cried. I didn't care at that moment. I just didn't care. All I wanted to do was cry, so I did. I felt a pair of arms snake around me, followed by another pair, and someone stroking my hair. I didn't bother looking up, so I didn't know who was comforting me. After a minute, I stopped and wiped away the tears.

I looked up and saw people I haven't seen in six years.

Vic, Jaime, Tony and Mike.

"Are you okay now," Vic asked, holding out his hand.

I nodded, then took his hand and he lifted me to my feet.

Vic wrapped his arms around me, stroking my hair. After a moment, he let go, looking at me.

"I'll be okay," I said to him.

He nodded, and I gave Tony a hug, then Mike, and finally, Jaime, my ex-fiancee.

The embrace was friendly, not awkward like I thought it would be. It was warming, as if he wrapped me in a blanket. I pulled away a moment later, then went to the mic.

"Um, sorry about that, you guys. I just got dumped, so yeah. And I guess I'm pregnant. Um, yeah, give me a sec."

I walked away from the mic and backstage, where Becca and Nico were. They gave me a group hug, and then ended it.

"Do you know how much time I have left?" I asked Becca.

She looked at her watch, then said, "You have time for three more songs."

"Okay, thank you," I replied, then walked back on stage and to the mic.

"We have time for three more songs, folks! What do you wanna hear?" I asked the audience, trying to be cheery.

Someone yelled "Misery Business!"

"Yes! Thank you! A fun, crazy song! Okay, we're playing it!"

The Pierce the Veil boys ran backstage, and Audrey stayed, going to the other mic. I smiled at her, and the band started playing the intro. Audrey and I sang it, dancing during the solo, and singing the rest of the song. I didn't notice, but after the song, my band left the stage, and PTV took their place. I didn't see until Vic walked up to me and played a riff.

"Oh, so you boys are my band now?"

"Yep," Vic replied, putting his head on my shoulder.

I rested my head on his and smiled.

Tony came up and said, "So, two more songs. What are we gonna play?"

"One of your songs," I replied, "I wanna poke fun at Vic like old times."

"Hey!" vic said.

I laughed and put my arm around him.

"Oh, Victor, you know I never mean it. I love ya, buddy."

"Aw, I love you too, girlie," he replied, kissing my cheek.

"I wanna sing She Makes Dirty Words Sound Pretty. Sing with me, please?" I asked Vic.

He smiled big and started playing the intro. I grabbed the mic and impersonated Vic. He started laughing, along with everyone else in the room, and then I sang my part. Vic came in after that. We sang the rest of the song, then Vic put down his guitar and hugged me tight.

"I missed you, Cassie girl. Those six years were too long. You're my best friend and I haven't seen you in years," he said into my hair.

"Oh, Vic, I'm sorry! I felt like I had to leave. And, not keeping in touch with you, I'm sorry about that, too. I just thought you guys were mad at me for leaving, and you didn't want anything to do with me, I missed you guys like crazy, though. And-" Vic cut me off by putting his finger on my lips.

"Sweetheart," he said, "I forgive you, we all do. We all missed you so fucking much. Just, don't do that again, okay?"

I nodded.

He put his finger down, then kissed my forehead.

"Come on, let's go give these people a finale," he said, picking up his guitar.

I smiled and said into the mic, "Okay, guys! What do you wanna hear?"

I heard someone yell "BOTDF!"

"Oh my god! Whoever yelled that, I love you! We're playing Hello Kitty!" I said, excited.

I looked at the band and said, "You guys don't need your instruments for this."

They dropped their instruments and sat on the edge of the stage. I looked at Audrey, who was still at the mic.

"I wanna be Jayy," she simply said.

I nodded and we played the song, everyone was singing along.

"Thank you so much for coming out tonight! I love you all!" I yelled into the mic, then ran backstage.

The boys and Audrey followed, and I went up to Becca and Nico.

"Hey. How was the show?" I asked them.

"Well," said Becca, "I liked it, except for the part where you got dumped, and then Ronnie said you were pregnant. I didn't like those parts. But, the songs were good!"

"Yeah, I didn't like those parts either. I kinda- um, don't believe him. He's got me paranoid now."

"Hun, you're most likely not pregnant," Tony said, "He probably made it up to scare you."

"Yeah, and even if you were, we'd take care of you. You're probably not gonna want to go home, since he's there, so I decided you're staying with us," Mike said.

I looked at him and blinked.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah!," Vic said, throwing an arm around me, "We love ya, Cas, and we care about you. You're staying with us."

"Thank you so much, you guys!"

"No problem! Now, let's get you settled in," Jaime said, leading the way to the car.

We all got in and Mike drove us to the home. I took one look, and memories flooded my head. Good ones, bad ones, unforgettable ones. I smiled as we got out and went in the house. It was just how I remembered it. I even remember where all the rooms are.

"So, do you remember this?" Jaime asked, breaking my thoughts.

"Yeah, I remember everything, even where my room was," I replied, looking at him.

"Yeah... Come on, go get settled, see your room," he said.

"what do you mean, 'get settled?' I have nothing, no clothes, nothing."

"That's where I come in," Audrey said, coming from behind me, "I figured out that you and me are the same size. You could borrow my clothes. Now, let's go find you pajamas!"

She grabbed my hand and led me to her room, it had the same white walls, same bookcase... She took me to her dresser and opened it. She then took out multiple tank tops and pajama pants. I picked out a white tank top and black pajams pants with white music notes on them.

"Nice choice," Audrey said, "You could put them on now if ya want, or later. It's only 9:00."

It's only 9? It feels later than that.

"Okay, and thank you. I love you, angel," I said, pulling Audrey into a hug.

She hugged back and said, "I love you too, mama!"

She pulled away, then said, "I know it's not gonna be like old times, but it feels so much better in here now that you're back. We missed you being here, we really did. And besides, I like not being the only girl in here anymore!"

I laughed and replied, "Yeah, I really missed being here. I missed you, and the guys. Oh, um... How was your dad when I left?"

"He didn't talk for a couple of days. He just sulked, and the only times he did talk is when he was in his room, yelling at himself. It was his fault, wasn't it?"

I grew silent, and thought.

I didn't really have a good reason to run away, did I? I WAS loved, I WAS surrounded by family. It wasn't his fault, was it?

"I don't know," I said, "It sounds dumb, but now that I think about it, I don't even know why I left. It wasn't your dad's fault, though."

Audrey nodded. I spoke.

"When did he start to talk again?"

"When he finally accepted that you weren't going to call, and you weren't going to come home. He realized you were gone for real, and he just accepted it. He got over you, but I don't know what seeing you tonight did to him."

I was quiet, then I said, "Okay. Thank you, baby. I'm gonna go see what the guys are doing. Oh, thanks for the clothes."

I walked out with the clothes and into my old room. I turned on the light and gasped.

They didn't move a thing. It never changed once since I was gone. It still had the light blue sheets and comforter, and matching pillow cases. It looked so good, it looked like home.