Sorry That I Love You

Chapter 6

“Alli? Is that you ?” I heard Paul’s familiar voice say but I couldn’t find a voice to answer him with “Alli what are you doing out here? You look terrible and your shaking, I’m taking you to my house” he said picking me up. I wanted to tell him no, I wanted to tell him to just leave me on the beach to suffer alone but the warmth of his arms around me was comforting and I didn’t have the strength to even attempt to fight against him.

I soon found myself in a pair of Paul’s shorts and one of his t-shirts, wrapped in a large blanket sitting on his couch as he put my clothes in the dryer.

“Are you feeling any better Alli? Your starting to gain back some of your color” he said sounding fully concerned. I felt bad that Paul had to see me like this, we were never really that close and him seeing me go crazy probably wouldn’t help that any.

“I’m fine” I whispered barely audible.

“Are you sure? You still feel like an ice cube. How long were you out there?”

“I don’t know, before it even started raining” I said gaining some of the volume in my voice back.

“Do you wanna talk about it ? Whatever happened to make you wanna sit in the freezing cold rain” he said sitting next to me on the couch.

“Jacob” was all I could manage to get out before the tears started streaming down my face again. Next thing I knew I was wrapped in Paul’s arms crying my eyes out.

“It’s okay Alli, you don’t have to talk about it” he said lightly stroking my back, trying to comfort me. I had to idea what was happening, me and Paul were never close but I had known him pretty much my whole life and I’ve never seen him act like this. He was always the cold uncaring one, and now he was making me feel like everything actually was okay, I’d never seen this side of Paul before.

The one thing I did know was, that I was glad Paul found me. I was glad I was with him right now, he made the pain go away. He made me see the dull gleam of the sun behind all of the storm clouds. I suddenly felt him get up with me in his arms and start walking towards his front door.

“Where are we going?” I said sniffling.

“It’s getting late, I’m going to take you home. Charlie’s probably worried” he said placing me in his car, which was the last thing I remember.

Next thing I knew I heard Charlie’s voice as I heard a door open. I faintly heard Charlie and Paul as I was still half unconscious.

“Alli, is that you?” I heard Charlie’s voice say “Oh, Paul? What happened, is she alright?”

“Yeah she’s fine, she just fell asleep at my house so I figured I’d get her home before it got any later”

“Oh well, her room’s up the stairs last door on the right” I felt Paul’s footsteps going up the stairs to my room and I faintly heard my door open. I was softly placed on my bed as the covers were pulled over me. I heard Paul’s footsteps walking away from me.

“Paul?” I said quietly, opening my eyes. He walked back over to me and sat on the edge of my bed.

“Yes?” he said smiling at me.

“Thank you for everything, I know that we’ve never really been that close but I’m really glad you found me today and helped me out” I said smiling at him.

“No matter how close we are or aren’t, your my friend Alli and I’m going to help you out when you need it and I could totally kick Jake’s ass if you’d like” he said chuckling. How had I never noticed Paul before? How had I never noticed how ridiculously cute he was and how amazing his smile was ? How had I never noticed how nice of a person he was and how good of a friend he was ? How had I become so infatuated in Jake that I didn’t notice anyone else ? When did I become so stupid ?

“I’ll get back to you on that” I said genuinely giggling and blushing when Paul stared at me and smiled when I did.

“Has anyone ever told you that your laugh is really adorable?” he said causing me to blush even more.

“Not to my knowledge no. You’d be the first”

“Well I’m glad I told you then” he said smiling at me. It seemed like we couldn’t stop smiling around eachother. Just hours ago it seemed like my world revolved around Jacob and now it seemed like my world wouldn’t be so bad without him. I felt Paul get up and missed his warmth near me already.

“So I’ll see you soon I guess?” I said sleepily.

“I sure hope so” he said picking up my phone and pushing a few buttons “Now you have my number so you have no excuse to not see me” he said winking at me and handing me his phone. I slowly typed in my number and saved it. We exchanged back phones and Paul went to leave again “Good night Alli, I’ll talk to you tomorrow?”

“Only if you text me first” I said causing both of us to chuckle “Good night Paul” he slowly left my room quietly closing the door behind him. I heard him and Charlie talking dowstairs until the front door finally opened and closed. I quickly found that I was a lot sleepier than I thought I was. I decided I would leave all my thinking for tomorrow and was unconscious in minutes. I fell asleep with a smile on my face for the second night in a row and I hoped that the smiles kept coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it !! :)
comment and subscribe please! <3