Sorry That I Love You

Chapter 8

I woke up to the sound of someone loudly knocking on my front door. I heard Charlie’s voice and then another instantly familiar one.

“Alli, Paul’s here” Charlie said entering my room.

“Tell him I’ll be down in five minutes” I said quickly getting out of bed as Charlie went downstairs. I decided my shorts and tank top were okay and ran a brush through my hair. I went and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I went downstairs to find Paul sitting on the couch and Charlie gone, probably to work.

“I guess I don’t even get to text you first, huh?” I said sitting next to him.

“This was much too important to wait for that” he said intently watching whatever baseball game was on TV.

“Is everything okay? Did something happen?” I said worried.

“Everything’s fine Alli, I just had to come ask you something” he said turning his attention to me fully.

“Okay, well what is it?” I asked.

“I wanted to know if you’d go out with me tonight” he said with a huge grin on his face.

“Like on a date?” I questioned.

“Like on a date” he said as his smile grew.

“Is there a reason you had to come ask me while I look hideous?” I joked causing a serious look to cross Paul’s face.

“One, you don’t look hideous. Two, I came and asked you now so you’d have time to get ready. And three, yes or no?”

“I’d love to” I said smiling at him.

“Great, I’ll be back around five to pick you up” he said getting up, ready to leave.

“Wait, where are we going?” I asked confused.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out” he said grinning.

“How exactly am I supposed to get ready then?”

“Just go with you gut, I guess” he said laughing and walking towards the front door “See ya soon” he said leaving quickly, probably so I wouldn’t stop him. I looked at my clock and noticed it was just about noon. Great five hours to freak out. I decided to start with getting a long shower to clear my head. I got in a quickly started thinking.

I like Paul, probably more than you should after three days, but really I’ve known him pretty much my whole life. We used to build sand castles on the beach and things like that when I was like four. And no matter what anyone said he didn’t seem like the asshole people portrayed him out to be, sure he was confident and sometimes cocky but I’d never seen him with any anger, especially towards me. And Paul was absolutely gorgeous. I had even decided he was the best looking pack member. And he was hilarious, and I couldn’t stop smiling around him. He made me feel safe like nothing and no one could hurt me while he was around. And most of all he apparently really liked me for me, I didn’t have to act a certain way around him and I could be myself and I didn’t worry about him judging me.

But in the back of my mind there was always Jacob. The boy I had thought I loved for over a year now. The boy I had let my world revolve around. The boy who I thought could never hurt me. The boy who I had imagined being with in my dreams. The boy who I had had a chance with until a few days ago.

I let the water wash away all my thoughts of Jake and Paul and finally decided I’d just let fate decide. I got out of the shower and quickly dried myself off. I glanced at my phone and noticed it was after 1:30 and saw a new text from Embry.

‘I told you so, so where are you two headed tonight?’

‘I really have no idea actually. How did you know?’ I texted back. I looked in my closet while I waited for his response.

‘Paul accidentally let it slip while we were on patrol’

‘Did he by any chance let it slip as to where he is taking me?’ I had finally decided on my favorite pair of jean shorts and was in the process of trying on almost all my shirts with them.

‘If he had I’d already be torturing you with it so no’

‘Your no help Em’ I texted in between trying to decide between a tight blue v-neck and my favorite green button up.

‘I am so!’

‘Okay, well help me out now then, blue v-neck or green button up?’ I texted back still indecisive.

‘Blue v-neck!’ I quickly put my green button up back in my closet and texted back.

‘Good choice, I’ll text you after I get home tonight’

‘You’d better I want a full report!’ I looked at the time on my phone. 3:30. Only an hour and a half left. I turned on my straightener and waited for it to heat up. I quickly decided on my make up. I went with some mascara and eye liner and some neutral colored eye shadow that brought out my golden eyes. I slowly ran my straightener through my hair and made sure it was perfectly straight. Once that was done I looked at my clock. 4:30. Great, I still had a half hour to freak out. I went downstairs and found my black flip flops and my zip up hoodie that was a few shades darker then my shirt. I looked and saw that Charlie still wasn’t home so I left him a note telling him where I was. It was 4:45 and suddenly there was a knock on the front door.

“Your early” I said smiling at Paul.

“Well I know how good you are at getting ready, so I figured I’d come a little early” he said grinning widely. “Are you ready to go?” I quickly grabbed my keys and cell phone and left out the front door with Paul.

“So where are we going?” I asked eagerly.

“It’s a secret” he said chuckling as we got in his car. He opened the glove box and pulled something little out.

“Is that a blind fold?”

“Yep” he said leaning over and securing it over my eyes. “Can you see anything?” I tried but all I could see is blackness.

“No” I pouted as he started the car.

“Oh, calm down you’ll see soon enough” he said laughing. The drive went by pretty quietly as I tried to listen for clues as to where we were and tried to calm my nerves.

After a while the car came to a stop and I felt Paul put it in park.

“Stay where you are” he commanded. After a few seconds Paul opened my door and lifted me out of the car.

“Wait, I can’t even walk now?” I asked.

“Nope, it’ll give it away” he said as he started walking. I tried to keep my heart steady during the short walk, but failed. “Okay take off the blind fold” he said as he put me down.

“Oh my god” was all I could seem to say.

“You like it?” he said grinning ear to ear.

In front of us was an adorable little picnic scene on the beach. There was a huge red and white checker board blanket and a huge old looking picnic basket. We were on a remote part of First Beach so no one was around and in front of us was a beautiful sunset over the water. I sat down on the blanket and waited for Paul to follow.

“This is probably the best first date ever” I said causing him to smile as he sat.

“So you like it?”

“I absolutely love it” I said unable to suppress my humongous grin.

“I hope you don’t mind that I had Emily make the food. I can’t cook” he chuckled.

“Well then it’s probably better that way, huh?” I said laughing. The night went by regrettably fast. We ate all of Emily’s food, which was absolutely delicious and made small talk. Just as the sun had almost disappeared Paul got up and offered me his hand, which I took with a smile. We walked down the beach along the water hand in hand in silence.

“So did you have a good time?” Paul asked.

“It was perfect” I said with a smile.

“Almost perfect” Paul said smiling causing me to become confused.

“How?” I asked as Paul stopped walking and turned to face me. He and slowly leaned his face down to meet mine. His lips gently kissed mine and lingered for a few seconds.

“Now it’s perfect” he said as he stood himself back up straight. And he was right, now it was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! :) I'll try and have the next one up as soon as possible.
comment/subscribe !! <3