Sorry That I Love You

Chapter 9

It had been a few days since my date with Paul and we’ve talked pretty much non-stop since then. Unless it was a time like now and he was out on patrol. I turned off everything in my room and laid myself down in bed. I felt sleep taking over until I heard a noise. Someone was trying to get in my window. I made myself lay completely still and focused on controlling my breathing. I heard their foot steps come towards me and then away from me, they walked all around my room picking up some of my things and then coming to stand next to my bed. I kept my heart rate as even as possible as I felt an ice cold hand brush my cheek and then quickly leave and go to Bella’s room. I waited for at least ten minutes until I was sure he was gone and quickly dialed Paul’s number. Shit, voice mail. I dialed in Embry’s familiar number and prayed he’d answer.

“Hello?” I heard him say sleepily.

“Embry! Is Paul still on patrol?” I said frantically.

“I think so, why?” he said yawning.

“Someone was just in my room, a vampire” I said almost in tears. I heard a low growl come from Embry’s end.

“He’ll be right over” I heard Embry say through clenched teeth and then heard the phone click as Embry hung up.

After what could have been thirty seconds or an hour I heard Paul coming in through my window. I jumped in his arms the second his feet hit my carpet. I’d never been so happy to see anyone in my life and having Paul with me meant I was safe.

“Your okay now, I’m here” Paul said squeezing me.

“Sorry I called you away from patrol. I didn’t know who else would come at this hour” I said as Paul finally put me down.

“I’m glad you called” he said smiling down at me.

“Why’d they come here?” I said remembering the real reason Paul was here.

“The red head has been trying to get through us a lot frequently, it wasn’t her but I have a feeling whoever it was was with her. I just can’t believe they got through and that we let them get to you. You could have been hurt or killed or worse” Paul said as he started shaking. ‘Oh no’ I thought to myself, this can’t end well.

Next thing I knew I was doing one of the stupidest things I could have possibly done. I slowly reached my arms up and lightly placed my hands on Paul’s trembling cheeks and made him look me in the eyes. I thought to myself ‘God I must be brain dead or something’ as I hoped this plan worked.

“Paul look at me. Calm down, please. Take deep breaths, everything’s fine. Just try and focus, you can stop this I believe in you” I said lightly rubbing his cheeks with my thumbs. Slowly the shaking started to subside and finally stop. Paul instantly wrapped his arms around me and let out a sigh.

“Thank you so much. I don’t know what I would have done if I had hurt you” he said as he put me down. And I don’t know what it was but I suddenly realized something.

“Paul? You imprinted on me didn’t you?” I asked causing him a pained face.

“Am I really that obvious?” he said sounding frustrated “I was waiting for the right time to tell you, but I guess I don’t have to worry about it now do I?” he said chuckling.

“No I guess you don’t” I said chuckling which turned into real laughter causing Paul to look thoroughly concerned.

“Oh no, I broke you” he said sadly as he gently rubbed my upper arms.

“No, I’m fine. It’s just funny” I said finally calming down.

“What could possibly be funny?” he said stubbornly.

“The fact that we’ve known each other almost our whole lives and we’ve never even thought about being together and without the whole imprinting thing we would have never ended up like this. Our soul mate would have been right under our noses and we would have never even known it”

“I don’t find that too funny, Alli” he said giving me a strange look.

“Not my fault you have no sense of humor” I said laughing until it hit me.

“Alli, are you okay?” Paul said trying to get me to make eye contact with him.

“Yeah I’m fine, it’s just going to take sometime to get used to the whole soul mate thing” I said still a little out of it.

“I figured it would and I’m willing to wait as long as possible” he said flashing me a huge grin.

“So everyone knew and wasn’t telling me?” I said fake pouting.

“No, actually. Only me, Sam, and Jake know”

“So that’s what’s wrong with Jake?” I said remembering our confrontation.

“Yeah, but he shouldn’t have been so terrible. He’s really upset though, even still” he said and then we sat in a comfortable silence for what could have been forever while I absentmindedly played with Paul’s hand.

“So are we like together?” I asked yawning finally noticing how tired I was.

“Well that depends, Allison Rose Swan would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?” he said squeezing my hand while smiling at me, anticipating my answer.

“I thought you’d never ask” I said happily as he quickly leaned over and kissed me passionately.

‘I could get used to this’ I thought smiling into the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow sorry this took so long :\ I don't have a lot of free time lately but no worries I'm still writing as much as I can :)
hope you liked it, comment/subscribe!!