Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 19

My dream materialized into something... soothing.

I was on a beach, and it was about an hour before sunset. The electric blue waves sloshed against the loose sand. I walked barefoot in a bakini. It was black and was cut really low. I looked hot! (LOL)

"Amber!" A familiar female voice called for me.

I spun around and almost fell to my knees. It was my mom. "Mom!" I ran to her. We hugged each other tightly. "Mom, I miss you so much..."

"I know baby. I know. I miss you, too."

I couldn't speak.

"Remember I'm always with you," Sounded like a goodbye. I tightened my grip on her. I felt her smile. "It's OK, I'm not going anywhere, yet."

She knew me so well. God I missed her. "Why?"

"Because that's just how things went,"

"Are you in pain?"

"Not at all,"

"Are you in heaven?" I felt like a little kid.

"Yes, actually. And it's the best place anyone could ever be." That fact made me feel a little bit better. "Now, Hun," She began. "Tell me about this Blake..." A smile crossed her face. That was the Marie Murphy that I knew.

I blushed. "Blake is someone who..."

"You really like." She finished my sentence.

"If you already know then why did you ask me?" I smiled. It was just like old times.

She laughed. "I want your perspective on it,"

I blushed again. "I really like him. But the thing that I don't about is if we are a couple. It's very complicated..."

"I know. And from what I've been seeing you are a couple." She winked. Oh God, she saw...

"Mom!" I complained.

She just laughed at me, "Don't worry, I gave you some privacy after your clothes started coming off."

"Your not mad or upset?" I asked.

"Me? No. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I mean you're 17. I can't stop you," I think I'm lucky to have two mom's who don't nag or note every single one of my flaws.

"It's good to hear."

She looked up, an emotion crossed her face. Aggravation.

"What is it?"

"Blake just woke up. Your going to have to wake up soon, too." She looked back at me.

"But mom..."

"No buts' about this. Either you wake up with a polite goodbye or not." My heart tightened when she said the word goodbye.

What I was thinking must have been written across my face because She embraced me in another one of her hugs. "It's OK baby. I'll come visit you in a little while. Maybe not for a week or so, but I will. I promise," She kissed my forehead and hugged me again.

Then she was gone. My eyes shot open back in my room. I felt kind of mad and sad, but that feeling of loneliness went away, knowing my mother was always with me. That made me feel a little bit better about today.

I sat up and stretched my arms. Blake came back into the room. His eyes were filled with awe. I think I saw some sympathy, too.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Yeah." My voice was filled with something I haven't heard in a while. It was almost... positive.

He seemed happy I was in an OK mood. I guess he wanted to double check on that, "Are you OK?" He came over to me and he sat next to me on the bed.

"Yes, I'm OK."

"OK, just making sure," Ha.

He planted a kiss on my forehead and left. He closed the door behind him so I could change. Good boy. (LOL)

I got dressed into a black dress and some black and whit plaid flats. I also put on a necklace my mom had given me a few years back.

I got out of my room, and finished what I had to do. Not too long after that we were on our may to the church to begin my mother's funeral.
♠ ♠ ♠
A HUGE shocker comming in the final chapter of this book. I'm going to have a link to the second book in the Author's note next chapter and chapter one will be done. I hope you all liked the first book. I plan on publishing this book and making a BIG series out of it. Comment please!!