Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 24

Negative.

I sighed in relief and walked out into the kitchen (Not before I disposed of the pee stick). Maryssa was pacing back and forth in the kitchen. When I approached, she looked up at me. Panic in her eyes, she said: "So?"

"Negative." I said, taking hold of the little cup of medicine.

I heard her breath out as if she had been holding it in the whole time.

"Can I have the Tylenol now?"

"Oh, yeah. Of course." Maryssa pushed the little cup filled with thick, purple liquid inside of it over to me.

I took the medicine like a shot, and chugged down the water afterward. I hated the taste of medicine so, very much. I, personally, preferred to take pills instead of the actual liquid that you can taste. I realized that no matter how good the medicine smells, it ALWAYS tastes bad. Well, except for bubble medicine. You know, the pink stuff you would take when you were younger? Yeah that stuff. That was the only medicine that I had ever liked.

When I took the empty cup away from my lips, I swayed from side to side. Damn. Well, that's something to add to my list of Do's and Don'ts. DO NOT GET DRUNK.

"OK, Hun, lets get you back to bed." Maryssa wrapped one arm around me and guided me to my bedroom. I layed down and closed my eyes. I felt my warm blanket cover me. "Feel better," She whispered and kissed me on the forehead. "Oh, and do you want me to sent Blake in?"

I nodded slightly. It was such a small nod, I was actually surprised she saw.

My door closed, but soon opened and then closed again. I heard footsteps walk quietly across my floor, then the weight of another person on my bed.

"Hey," Blake's warm arms wrapped around me.

"Hi," I whispered.

"You feeling a little bit better?"

"I nodded, "A little."

"That's good." He pulled away from me and pulled the covers over himself, then his body was touching mine. His arms went around me again. "You should sleep. You'll feel better faster,"

I shifted so My head was on his chest and said, "OK,"

I fell asleep before He, or I for that fact, could say anything else.

*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*`*

When I fell asleep, it was like I was swallowed into a black hole. But then colors started to appear around me. They were all fuzzy, but soon morphed into actual figures.

I was standing at the top of golden stairs. There were shiny decor along the walls and a red carpet that ran down the stairs. There were tall windows with long drapes tied back on either side. Outside, I saw endless fields of greed and yellow. Must be a farm. It occurred to me to look down at my clothing.

I was wearing a long pink dress.It held onto my body very nicely until it hit my hips, then it fluffed out. I was in a princess dress. Why the hell was I in a princess dress???

"Remember when you were 7 and you always talked about being a princess?"

I spun around to see my mother, in a dress similar to mine, only purple and gold. Obviously a different design on it, but the same type.

I felt myself smile, and I ran to my mother.

"Well, do you?" She was smiling.

"Yes, I do."

"I was thinking about you, and then it hit me. You wanted to be a princess. So I wanted to make your old dream come true."

I smiled, and felt a tear roll down my cheek. I was speechless.

"Well? Go on! You're country is waiting for you down stairs."

"What?"

My mom pointed behind me. I spun around and looked down the stairs to see a crowd of people cheering and waiting for me to come down stairs.

I turned back around to face my mother. I gave her a panic look. "What do I do?"

"Be who you think a princess would be."

"What's the name of the country?"

"Whatever you want it to be."

"What's my name? Am I the ruler?"

"Be who you want to be. And you're the next in power. Tonight, you host a ball to find your prince."

"Oh... Well... can you go first?" I asked shyly.

"Of course!" She smiled and hugged me.

She walked gracefully to the steps. I heard a loud voice from down stairs shut everyone up, and introduce my mother in a formal manner. Then I heard my name being mentioned. But t hey didn't call me Amber, my name was; Princess Ivany. I laughed at that. My mother told me that when I had a baby girl, she wanted me to name her Ivany. I have to admit, it is a very pretty name.

I approached the top of the steps and slowly walked down as royal music played. When I reached the bottom of the steps, I was greeted by a young gentleman. He was a little taller than me with short blonde hair. He bowed and held out a white gloved hand as an offer. I took it and we began spinning in circles to the first song that played.

A few minuted later, I was in the presence of another young man. He looked about his early twenties. He was very handsome with his brown hair that was pulled into a ponytail behind his neck and clean shave.

The night went on and on just like that. I had danced with a bunch of cute guys, and they were all very nice. But it was the second to last guy that I had danced with that had really caught my eye. He had black hair and crystal blue eyes.

There was an announcement from the man who had introduced my mother and I. The ball was over.

I rushed over to the door and said my farewells, then, the boy I had danced with approached me.

He bowed and said a polite goodbye.

I caught him by the shoulder before he left and asked him his name, "Excuse me, but may I ask you whom you may be?" And yeah, I totally got into character.

"Conner," He answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BAACCKK(: