Emergency Take Two

Thank You

Rome was everything I had dreamed it would be. But that was months ago. I was due anytime now. Literally. I sat on the window seat with Patrick and we were just talking about random shit. “Ok, I’m thirsty!” I said. I got off the seat and slowly walked down the stairs. “Children make it hard to walk” I said. I heard Patrick laugh from behind me and I flipped him off. My Uncle had given him a few months off so he could be with me and the babies. I finally got down to the kitchen and Patrick walked into the living room. I took a drink of water and froze. “Uh Patrick” I said looking over at him. “Yeah babe” I looked down. “Either I just peed my pants or you really need to get my to the hospital.” I said. He spun around and nodded. “Right!” I grabbed the bag as he grabbed the keys and we walked out to the car.

When we finally got there everyone was there. I looked at Patrick and he smiled. “I only told one person” He said. I rolled my eyes “You’re aware we could be here for hours?” I asked and everyone nodded. We walked over and checked in and I was put in a room. I tapped my fingers for a while they had given me the drugs as soon as I got in here so not only did I not feel anything I was pretty bored. I lean back and looked at Patrick “This is just a fucking party hubby” I said. He laughed and laced our fingers together. I leaned my forehead against his before moving back. “I think I’m just gonna sleep damn” I said. He laughed and then the nurse walked in.

She checked and then smiled at me. “Well Mrs. Martin It looks like you’re ready to push” And that’s when the panicking started. And that’s when I started to get nervous. Patrick grabbed my hand as I pushed. It was a very long and tiring process. “Ok I see the head” wait what? Already? “One more push!” I shook my head. One more push my ass. I had one more baby in my tummy! One More push! Lies! I heard baby cries and I leaned back on the bed. “It’s a little boy.” One of the nurses said. The weighted him and cleaned him up “What’s his name?” I looked at Patrick “Craig Alexander Martin” He said. “At least it wasn’t Ricky Martin” I said. The nurses laughed and then the doctor smiled “Ok Chase one more baby to go” nah really, thanks I had no idea. And the process repeated. “One more push!” the doctor said. I pushed as hard as I could then heard baby cries again. I collapsed in heap on the bed as sweat poured down my face.

The doctor cleaned me up while the nurses cleaned up the babies. “What’s her name?” The nurse asked. Patrick looked at me and I smiled. “Danica Cassie Martin” I said. She nodded with a smiled and one of them handed me Danica while Craig was handed to Patrick. I smiled and they let everyone in. “Where’s my Godkids!” Jamie asked I smiled “This is Dani and Craig ” I said as I held Craig and Patrick now had Dani. They slowly passed them around and I watched them all carefully. I just wanted my babies back. I love them all, but I wanted them back.

I had to stay in the hospital for two day with the babies before we were finally able to go home. I buckled Dani into her car seat as Patrick buckled in Craig. We got in the front and I bounced my legs for a second before jumping the seats and sitting in between the two car seats. Patrick laughed at me but pulled out of the parking lot and started home.

Once we got there the babies were both asleep so we took them up to their room and put them in their cribs. I walked into our room with Patrick and set the baby monitor on the side table before flopping down on the bed. Patrick laid next to me and I smiled. “Wanna see something cool?” I asked. He nodded and I climbed on top of him and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around me and I pulled away. I smiled and pecked his lips again before laying down beside him and burning my head in his chest and falling asleep. Hey pushing two babies out ain’t easy!

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and Patrick was nowhere to be found. I stood up and walked out of the room and silently walked to the nursery. Patrick was standing at the foot of the cribs with a smile on his face. I slowly walked over and stood next to him and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed my head. “Thank you for giving me the best life I could ever ask for” I smiled and shook my head. “Patrick I’m pretty sure I should be thanking you. You gave me a family. You gave me love. You gave me my babies. And you gave me you. So thank you” I said. He smiled and leaned down and kissed me.

This was my life, the one I always wanted. And I’m not giving it up for the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
awe...my story is over. Kinda sad. BUT! i loved it!