Status: completed.

His Name Is Kirby Jones

eleven;

Two weeks passed, and the days rolled onwards. Kirby and Zoey’s friendship blossomed, all while they both tried to figure out how they felt.

Zoey’s brothers were all getting along in harmony, and didn’t bother Zoey as why she was so happy. It seemed all was going well.

“Hey Zoey…” Kirby called down the hallway to grab his friend’s attention. Zoey, who was chatting to someone, said goodbye and turned around and gave a friendly smile.

“Hey Kirby, what’s up?” she asked, as Kirby made his way towards her.

“I was wondering if you wanted to come to for a barbeque this Saturday at my house? I’m going to invite Zack and Elena too.” Kirby offered, and Zoey smiled widely.

“Sounds great, what’s your address?” Zoey asked, and Kirby quickly got out some paper from his bag and jotted it down and handed it to her.

“It starts at five, and I can drop you home after.” Kirby said, and Zoey nodded, taking the information in.

“Cool, I’m looking forward to it.” Zoey said happily, and grinned up at him. Kirby nodded and told her he had to get to his next class. Zoey skipped off, to find Elena and squeal like a child.

“Hey peanut, why you so happy?” Jonah asked, as he saw his sister walk past. Zoey shrugged, and smiled at Jonah and his friends. She quickly halted, and stepped back to talk to him.

“Nothing, by the way I’m sleeping at Elena’s this Saturday…” Zoey said, and Jonah nodded.

“Cool, so does this mean I have to hang with Kenny?” Jonah asked, and Zoey nodded in confirmation.

“Okay, well see you tonight.” He said, and kissed her head, before rushing off to class.
Zoey bit her bottom lip and smiled as she made her way to class, only for her phone to buzz, indicating a text had been received.

Hey pretty girl, long time no talk :( - Ronnie

Hey Ronnie, and yeah sorry been majorly busy…how you been? – Zoey

You little school geek ;) and good, chilling, working, repeat, you? – Ronnie

Haha, at least I didn’t drop out ;) and school, sleep, repeat – Zoey

That hurts ;) I didn’t drop out actually… - Ronnie

Good ;) Tommy said you did? – Zoey

Bitch. Nope, I got kicked out…there’s a difference. – Ronnie

I’m no female dog ;) and ah right, my bad ;) – Zoey.

You sure? And yeah, that’s right, you feel foolish now ;) – Ronnie

Harsh! Well if so, you kissed a dog and nope not really, you’re still not in school – Zoey

That dog is a good kisser ;) and whatever! – Ronnie

Meanie! :( - Zoey

I’m sorry pretty girl, truce? – Ronnie

I suppose… - Zoey

Please! Please! Please! – Ronnie

You know for a supposed ‘bad boy’…you sure do grovel – Zoey

I thought we called truce?- Ronnie

I had my fingers crossed – Zoey

You drive me crazy, you busy this weekend? – Ronnie

Shush, and I am on the Saturday – Zoey

Aw shit, I’m busy Sunday…we’ll meet up soon yeah? – Ronnie

Maybe :) – Zoey


Zoey quickly put her phone away as the teacher began handing books out. She couldn’t
quite understand why Ronnie was taking such an interest in her.
--

On Friday night, Zoey remembered to tell her Dad that she was sleeping at Elena’s. The two girls had formed a plan that Zoey was going over there for the day and wouldn’t back until the evening, and Elena had arranged to pick Zoey up in the morning.

“You’re spending quite a lot of time with Elena lately…” Drew said, as he shovelled more rice into his mouth.

“She is my best friend Drew” Zoey said pointedly. Lucas watched Zoey carefully, and they shared a quick look which meant they would talk later.

“I know, but you just seem to be over there a lot…” Drew said, sounding suspicious. Zoey rolled her eyes but didn’t reply.

“Chill out Drew” Lucas laughed and Drew nodded and continued to eat.

“Kids, I’ve got to tell you something…” Marcus announced and everyone looked up expectantly.

“I’ve got to go away on business for a week in England…” Marcus said, and Zoey felt her mood dampened.

“Oh, that’s cool” Zoey mumbled and Kennedy nodded.

“So, I’m looking after the house then?” Drew assumed, and Marcus nodded.

“If that’s alright…you guys are old enough to care for one another.” Marcus said wisely, everyone nodded in agreement.

“So, you’re going to England?” Tommy repeated, and Marcus nodded.

“Cool” Tommy commented, and Marcus smirked and continued to eat.

“When do you leave Dad?” Zoey had to ask and Marcus gave her a soft look.

“Sunday Night…sorry for short notice, I wasn’t told till this morning.” Marcus said apologetically. The boys didn’t respond, but Zoey nodded, understanding.

“Bring us back a postcard.” Jonah joked, making Kennedy giggle, and Zoey half smile. They continued to eat, talking occasionally.
--
“Bye Dad!” Zoey called, as she picked up her bag which was filled with her clothes for the barbeque. Marcus, who had been drying the dishes of that morning’s breakfast, popped his head out the kitchen doorway and gave a cheeky grin.

“Bye baby girl, love you!” Marcus called, and Zoey smiled back at him.

“Love you too Dad” she said, and opened the door and went out to see Elena was waiting for her.

“Ready to go then sunshine?” Elena teased, as Zoey jumped in the car and threw her bag onto the bag seat.

“Yep, so we going yours…?” Zoey asked, unsure of what the plan was till five o’clock which was the time the barbeque was starting.

“Yeah, but first we need to swing by Starbucks.” Elena said, and without questioning Zoey
agreed.

As they made their journey, the stereo softly playing, the two girls chatted about pretty much anything. Zoey was curious as to where her other best friend was this morning. She made this thought aloud to Elena.

“He’s with Kirby, he’s helping him setup and I think they’re going to go play basketball for a while before we get there.” Elena said, and Zoey smirked at her. Elena glanced at her best friend, then the road and huffed.

“What!” she snapped, sick of Zoey staring at her with knowing smirk.

“How do you know this?” Zoey teased, and Elena rolled his eyes.

“He text me this morning…” Elena said like it was obvious, but this made Zoey’s smirk grow.

“What is with you today?” Elena snapped, as she pulled into the parking lot of the Starbucks that was five minutes away from her house, and fifteen minutes from Zoey’s. Zoey shook her head, dismissing her thoughts and turned the stereo off.

“Nothing, just…you’re so blind Elena.” Zoey said, as she unbuckled herself and got out, shutting the door. Elena gritted her teeth, as she took the key out the ignition and unbuckled her own belt, grabbing her purse and sunglasses, she got out too.

“My eyesight is fine, thank you very much!” Elena grumbled snippily, and locked her car. Zoey giggled as the two girls entered the coffee establishment.

“What you having?” Elena asked, as she noticed Zoey scan the board that was behind the counter.

“I’m feeling a caramel macchiato, you?” Zoey said brightly, as she fished out her wallet from her purse. She got the correct amount of change, but Elena still hadn’t made up her mind.

“Just choose already!” she cried impatiently, and stepped forward as the queue shortened.

“Fine, I’ll have a cinnamon latte.” Elena said, finally choosing. Zoey smiled and bumped her gently, which made Elena smile.

“You’re such a freak” Elena mumbled under her breath as they moved forward again.

“Yeah, but you love me” Zoey argued and Elena rolled her eyes but they both knew it was true.

They both stepped up to the counter, and the worker asked for their orders, after repeating what they had just decided, they waited for their drinks.

“We sitting outside?” Zoey asked, and Elena nodded, glancing at the bright sunshine that was taking over the sky that day. The two girls received their drinks, and then slowly made their way out. Elena thanked the man who opened the door for them as he came in, and they searched for a table outside.

They quickly found a table, and Elena sighed contently as she stretched her bare legs out in the sun, desperate to get some colour on her pasty white skin. She put on her brown aviators, and smiled into the sun.

“Mm, so excited about tonight?” Zoey asked vaguely, as she sipped her drink, getting froth on her lips. Elena giggled, as Zoey licked her lips and made a smacking noise.
“You bet, speaking of which…what you wearing?” Elena asked, and Zoey thought for a moment, stealing another sip.

“I’ve brought with me that white tank top with some black jean shorts and if you could be like the best friend ever and let me borrow that straw fedora of yours?” Zoey said brightly, and Elena rolled her eyes and chuckled.

“I suppose, and I’m guessing you’re wearing Ray-Bans and some grey pumps right?” Elena said seriously, and Zoey kept herself from laughing, and nodded. Elena smiled, pleased with her friend’s fashion decision then listed herself what she was going to wear.
“I’m thinking a floral short romper” Elena said, and Zoey nodded in agreement.

“Ooh, look what we have here boys, two gorgeous creatures…” the very familiar, silky, flirty voice of…the one and only Ronnie Gink. Turning her head quickly over her right shoulder, Zoey smiled instantly, seeing Ronnie standing behind her, with two friends in tow.

The first thing Zoey noticed was that Ronnie looked gorgeous, in a pair of chinos and black t-shirt which read : Don’t Hate Cause I’m Sexy on the front in bold white print. To top it off, his hair looked messy but seemed purposely styled that way and the black Ray-Bans covered his face as he smirked in Zoey’s direction. His friends,onewith brown hair and nice smile nodded at Zoey, the other smirked at Elena, and even winked.

“Hi Ronnie” Elena took the privilege of saying something first. Ronnie smiled at Elena, revealing his perfect white t-shirt.

“Hey El, how’s life?” he asked in casual way. Elena shrugged and smiled friendly back at him.

“Can’t complain…who are your friends?” Elena asked, nodding at the two boys flanked with him.

“Aha, introductions are in order. Elena, Zoey-” Ronnie said purposely emphasizing Zoey’s name and looking directly into her eyes.

“This is Eddie” Ronnie said jerking a thumb to the brown haired guy, who was actually quite cute.

“And this is Josh” Ronnie said, jerking his other thumb to the blonde haired dude, who seemed quite interested in Elena.

“Nice to meet you boys” Elena said, lifting her sunglasses up, and openly looked them up and down. She bit her tongue sideways, noticeably and winked at Josh. As a result, his smirk widened.

“Mind if we join you?” Ronnie asked, winking at Zoey who felt a bit flustered.

“Sure” Elena piped up, before Zoey could speak. Ronnie seemed pleased with the answer, and quickly asked Josh and Eddie if they could get the drinks. Without any arguments, they went inside. Ronnie grabbed some extra chairs from some spare tables, and made himself comfortable in one of them, closest to Zoey.

“I thought you said you were busy?” Ronnie teased, taking his glasses off, and putting them on top of his head.

“I am, I’m having coffee with Elena then I’m going to a barbeque at Kirby’s.” Zoey said simply, and sipped her drink again, making sure she had no froth on her lips.

“Kirby? As in Kirby Jones the new dude on the scene?” Ronnie asked incredulously. Zoey nodded and gave Ronnie a funny look.

“What’s wrong with that?” she asked, and Ronnie guffawed.

“I didn’t think you knew him. He’s alright guy, never spoke to him really…” Ronnie said, and Zoey rolled her eyes.

“You invited him to your party.” She reminded him and Ronnie blinked before making a realisation face. He had been pretty smashed that night.

“Like I said, okay guy…so what, you two friends?” Ronnie asked interestedly. Elena sat forward as she noticed Ronnie was taking special interest in Zoey.

“Yeah I’d say we are.” Zoey said, and finished her drink. Ronnie watched her, his eyes following the cup. He leaned forward slightly and gave a half-smile. His cocky façade disappeared…

“You look pretty today.” He complimented, his tone was serious but Zoey rolled her eyes and gave a small smile. Without either noticing, Elena was grinning as she watched them interact.

“Thank you, you look good.” Zoey said honestly, and Ronnie’s smirk reappeared.

“Here we go…” Josh said, as he put down the tray of drinks, and threw some dollars at Ronnie, who pocketed them immediately. He had ordered an ordinary cappuccino.

“Cheers Jay.” Ronnie said, and sipped his drink immediately. Josh sat near Elena, and it left Eddie to sit in the middle. They too had brought cappuccinos. Eddie was fumbling around in his pockets, and finally produced a pack of cigarettes. He popped one out and put it in his mouth, and with a click of his lighter, it lit up.

“Anyone?” he offered, as smoke drifted into the air. Elena and Zoey both shook their heads, while Ronnie reached over and took one. Zoey wasn’t surprised. Zoey zoned out as Josh struck in conversation with Elena, and Eddie. Ronnie was lighting his own little white stick, and Zoey watched in what appeared to be fascination.

Zoey noticed Ronnie’s features, and suddenly her stomach flipped. It was obvious that Ronnie was very attractive. However, he was bad for her. She immediately buried her thoughts and reactions away and tried to listen in to what Elena, Josh and Eddie were discussing. Zoey found her eyes drifting to Ronnie’s face again.
Ronnie exhaled a ring of smoke, expertly and gave a lazy smirk at Zoey.

“What you looking at pretty girl?” he asked softly, and the smell of tobacco went in her direction. In a way she didn’t mind, Zoey wasn’t fond of cigarettes but her own brother smoked, so she didn’t mind the smell that much.

“Nothing, just didn’t know you smoked.” She said casually. Ronnie nodded, as he flicked some ash onto the floor.

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me.” He reasoned, and Zoey realised how true that was. She watched as Ronnie lifted the stick to his mouth, and sucked on it gently, inhaling the smoke. Some smoke escaped through his nostrils. She watched as he looked at her, right at her and none of them spoke.

He slowly released the smoke from his mouth, smiled again. He liked her looking at him. He liked that he had Zoey’s attention.

“Earth to Zoey!” Elena chirped, and Zoey’s eyes instantly snapped to her best friend who was giggling as Josh continued to flirt with her.

“What’s up?” she asked, as she re-crossed her legs, not noticing that Ronnie’s eyes glanced at them. She had just worn a pair of denim shorts and yellow t-shirt, with a smiley face on it. Still Ronnie found her to be very, very attractive.

“Josh has asked if we want to go to the Mall with them…” Elena said, giving Zoey a certain look.

“Um…” Zoey said unsure, she didn’t want to deprive Elena of a chance with a cute guy, but she wasn’t sure if it would be okay to hang out longer with Ronnie, especially if her brothers found out particularly Tommy.

“But what about the barbeque?” she asked innocently, and Elena chuckled.

“That doesn’t start till five! C’mon, I need a new dress anyways.” Elena persuaded, and Josh smirked at her, looking her up and down again. Sighing, Zoey nodded feebly.

“Okay.” She said, reinforcing her decision. Elena clapped her hands together repeatedly in a rapid motion and cheered.

“We’ll follow you.” Elena said, and the three boys nodded. Within five minutes, their drinks were finished and they got up. Eddie and Ronnie had finished their smokes, and put them out in the ashbins provided.

“See you in a bit.” Ronnie called, as they made their way to a new silver Jeep, and Zoey noticed Ronnie got in the driver’s seat.

“What the hell Elena?” Zoey snapped as they made their way back to Elena’s car.

“What? Three cute guys ask us if we want to hang out, we’re free, what’s the problem here?” Elena argued as she buckled up, and Zoey did the same.

“The problem is that my brothers will kill me if they find out I’m hanging out with Ronnie!” Zoey said, her voice rising in panic. Elena rolled her eyes and reversed out.

“You worry too much and you listen to your brothers far too much! They won’t find out as they all have lives. Will you chill the fuck out?” Elena snapped, as she left the parking lot. Huffing, Zoey sunk into her seat and turned the stereo up.

It took ten minutes to get to the Mall, and they found a parking space easy enough. Elena sighed loudly as she turned the stereo off and looked at Zoey, who was sulkily gazing out the window.

“Don’t be mad okay? I promise you won’t get into trouble and if you do, I’ll take the fall. Just please, enjoy yourself?” Elena pleaded softly, and Zoey knew she couldn’t stay mad at her.

“Fine.” She said quietly, and Elena smiled. They both got out the car, and Elena put her sunglasses on again. Zoey put her bag over her shoulder, and was about to head to the front entrance, which they had thankfully parked near, when Elena suddenly jumped on her back. With instinct, Zoey caught her and lifted her up.

“El, you’re taller than me!” Zoey whined as Elena made herself comfortable, swinging her arms around Zoey’s neck.

“Quiet my darling, now mush!” Elena cheered, and Zoey giggled as she made her way to the entrance. She saw Ronnie first, having a smoke again, and laughing with Josh. Eddie nudged him and laughed as he saw Zoey and Elena coming.

“That’s something you don’t see every day.” Ronnie teased. Zoey laughed, as Elena jumped off. Zoey stretched, and her t-shirt lifted up slightly, revealing her stomach. Eddie stared openly, which caused a slap on the chest from Elena and a discreet glare from Ronnie.

“Want a piggyback ride?” Ronnie offered, and Elena squealed and told Josh to turn around.

“Ready…” she said, and lifted herself up. Josh hoisted her up, and laughed as Elena clung to him.

“Um…” Zoey said shyly, and looked at the ground.

“Go on Zoe” Elena urged, and Zoey nodded feebly. Ronnie motioned to get on and Zoey did, she bounced on her toes before jumping and wrapping her legs around Ronnie’s waist.
Ronnie was warm, Zoey could feel the heat radiating off him.

“You okay?” Ronnie asked, as his hands wrapped around her thighs. Zoey nodded, but realised Ronnie couldn’t see. Eddie laughed as he noticed this.

“I’m good, I’m not too heavy?” she asked worriedly. Ronnie laughed loudly.

“Pretty girl, you’re light as a feather.” He said charmingly.

“Aw, I have no one!” Eddie whined and they all chuckled.

“Let’s go find Ed a girl.” Ronnie announced, and Zoey tensed lightly. They entered the establishment, and Zoey couldn’t help feel odd, as people stared at her on Ronnie’s back.
They wandered around; Elena ordered to go to Forever21 first. Josh did as she asked, and when they entered the shop, the girls jumped off the guys’ backs.

“Aw” Ronnie teased. Zoey laughed nervously, and pretended to look at some clothes. Elena rushed off, and Josh followed whereas Eddie just tried to flirt with someone, than followed his friend. This left Zoey and Ronnie alone.

“You okay Zoey? You seem nervous…” Ronnie said, his façade had dropped again as they were alone. Zoey shrugged and looked timidly at top that had no interest of her.

“Have I done something?” Ronnie asked softly, stepping closer. Zoey stepped away.

“No, just I shouldn’t be here…with you.” She said nervously, and put the t-shirt back on the rack.

“Why not?” Ronnie asked, confused.

“My brothers would kill me, your bad news Ronnie, the drugs, smoking, the parties…” she listed.

“If Tommy found out I was here…” she paused, and saw Ronnie had tensed.

“Look, I know your Tommy’s sister and you want to know something?” Ronnie said, and
Zoey dared to look in his eyes. She felt herself get lost for a moment.

“I don’t care.” He finished. Zoey felt herself almost shiver.

“Zoey, I –” Ronnie began but was interrupted by Eddie coming into view, and waving them over. Zoey quickly rushed over and saw Elena had found a dress.

“Looks great El.” She complimented as Elena twirled.

“I’m going to get it.” She confirmed. Zoey nodded and scratched her neck. Suddenly, she felt a pressure on her small of her back. It was Ronnie’s hand. He’d done this as soon as Elena had disappeared to go get changed.

“You shouldn’t believe everything your brothers tell you about me. I’ve been clean for a year.”

He murmured in her ear, and quickly moved away as Elena reappeared, and linked arms with Zoey.

As the two girls walked ahead, Elena whispered. “Do you like Ronnie?” she asked, and Zoey swallowed.

“No.” she said, and she was glad to not feel guilt, so she knew she wasn’t lying. She knew this because when she thought of Kirby, her stomach flipped ten times harder than before.

Zoey knew there was one guy on her mind at the moment, and unfortunately for Ronnie, it wasn’t him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to post this yesterday, but forgot :P haha, sorry....anyways thank you to those who have commeted and subscribed, it means a lot :)

Tell me what you think?
It's funny how I never originally planned Ronnie to be a main part, and he kind of is now....what do you think of Ronnie Gink? :) <3