Please Stay Forever With Me

Dance The Night Away

Image

Telling Hunter about Nick and I hadn’t been easy. There was some yelling and a little bit of crying, on both of our parts, and then it was over. I was surprisingly not as heartbroken as I thought I would be. Of course I liked the guy but in the time we dated I hadn’t really fallen for him. I walked out of the room Demi and I shared to wait for the boys to finish getting ready. It had taken an hour and half to talk to Hunter by that time the boys had come home. Demi and left me to talk to Hunter while she got ready in Joe’s room so I hadn’t been able to talk to her about what had happened.

I searched through the fridge for a snack while I waited for everyone else to get ready. It took another hour before we could leave the house. Demi and Joe came into the kitchen with flushed faces and huge grins. I rolled my eyes as they continued to smile at each other in their own little world until finally Joe noticed me.

“Are you ready?” He asked reaching across the table to steal one of my grapes.

“I’ve been ready for like two hours.” I said turning a page in the magazine I had been reading.

“Oh sorry about that.” Joe said his face turning red. “Nick and Kevin should be done now too.”

And right on queue Nick and Kevin came into the room talking about a sports team I knew nothing about. I glanced at Nick’s outfit, it wasn’t as elaborate as his brother’s but he still looked just as good as they did. Nick wore what he normally did with the exception of a new leather jacket. Demi, unlike me, had worn a short tight dress with heels that made her as tall as Joe. My black skinny jeans and low cut sequenced top looked out of place with Demi’s perfect outfit, at least I wore heels for once.

I set my grapes aside and quickly stood up. I felt Nick’s eyes on me as I walked with Demi outside to the cars. Demi and Joe were going to with Kevin while I had to ride with Nick. We thought it was a good idea to take two cars in case some of us were ready to leave before the others. Demi told all about her alone time with Joe before they finished getting ready. She finished her story just as the boys were catching up to us.

“Don’t tell Nick.” She said giving me a nudge. “And you better be good.”

“I’m always good.” I replied giving her a mischievous smile. “Besides I’m single now.”

“You’re what?” Demi asked but I wasn’t able to answer her as Joe called for her to get in the car.

I waved at her before getting into the passenger side of Nick’s car. It was a small sports car and I knew it was one he rarely used because Nick was it still had a new car smell. I settled into the soft seat and looked out my window with a smile on my face. I was determined to get Nick back tonight.

It was a surprisingly long drive to the club we were going to go to. Nick and didn’t talk instead we listened to music once again he was listening to the mystery music. After two songs I had to ask the question I had wanted to ask.

“What are we listening to?” I asked glancing at Nick nervously.

“Delta.” He answered a sad tone to his voice. “It was an album I was producing.”

“It’s really good.” I said not sure what else to say.

Nick hadn’t said anything but Demi had told me Delta had wanted to end things with Nick. He wouldn’t say anything else to Joe, who happened to be with Nick when he got the call. It had something to do with moving back to Australia.

“Thank you. I wish I could have finished it.” He said quietly.

“Why can’t you finish it?” I asked carefully.

“She moved back to Australia and with her the album.” He replied with a glance at me. “Joe told you she broke up with me, didn’t he?”

“No.” I answered truthfully. “Are you alright with it?”

“Yeah I’m over it now. It’s not like I was in love with her.” Nick said with a shrug. “I’m moving on.”

That was the end of our conversation as we neared the club where there was already a long line forming outside of the front doors. Of course four out of five us were celebrities so we got to go through a back entrance. I exited the car while Nick gave the keys to the valet. I waited until he was at my side to walk toward the door where we were greeted by a cub manager. He led us to a private area where other club goers were not allowed. Of course we were supposed to be twenty-one not nineteen to get into the club but since we were VIP we had free reign of the bar and the rest of the club. Somehow Nick and I had arrived before the others. I sat down on one of the couches not wanting to dance until Demi was with me. Nick did the same next me we watched in silence as the club filled up with more people.

“Hey guys!” Demi said excitement bouncing off of her as she moved her hips along with the music. “Why aren’t you dancing?”

“I was waiting for you.” I said with a small laugh.

“Come on Dem, let’s go dance.” Joe said already taking my best friend away from me.

“I’m going to the bar you guys want anything?’ Kevin asked and after a no from both Nick and I he left.

I turned to look at Nick who was bobbing his head to the beat of the music. I stood up which caused Nick to look at me a confused look on his face.

“Let’s dance.” I said sticking my hand out for him to take.

He surprised me by not protesting instead he took my hand and let me lead him to the dance floor. We squeezed our way closer to where Joe and Demi were already dancing. As long as no one recognized them there was nothing to worry about, because they were dancing in a way that was going to get them in trouble later.

Nick and I did not dirty dance like Demi and Joe instead we just had fun goofing around. It was fun to laugh with him and just have fun without all of our baggage getting in the way. Suddenly Nick spun me around and brought me close, apparently he was done keeping the dancing pg. I could hear his heavy breathing in my ear as we danced close together our bodies always touching. We moved our hips together along with the beat of the music. Nick hands were on my hips keeping us constantly connected. It was probably the sexiest things Nick and I had ever done together, including the time we almost had sex.

By the end of the sixth song we were both ready for a break. We made a stop at the bar to get a water bottle before heading up to the VIP area. Kevin sat there with a pretty blonde having an intense conversation about something. Nick and I sat apart from them on another couch.

“That’s one of Kevin’s friends.” Nick said nodding toward the blonde girl. “He’s been secretly in love with her for a while.”

“Why hasn’t he said anything?” I asked before taking a long drink of my water.

“I don’t know.” Nick said with a shrug.

We watched the other club goers as they danced while we catch our breath. I finished the last of my water and set it down on a table. Nick did the same with his before he gestured towards the dance floor again. We found a place to dance and picked up where we left off. I knew the way we were dancing was going to possibly lead to other things later that night, I hoped any way.

We stayed until our feet hurt too much to dance then we made the journey home. I was ready for bed all the dancing we did made me tired. From the tired look on Nick’s face he was feeling the same. At home I quickly took off the heels I was wearing my aching feet already feeling better. I changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top and threw my hair up into a messy bun. As I was washing off my makeup Demi came into the room.

“I’m staying in Joe’s room tonight.” She said her excitement very evident. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Alright, have fun.” I yelled through the closed bathroom door.

I was getting into bed when the door opened and Nick walked in. He was only wearing a pair of basketball shorts. His hair still had water droplets in it meaning he had just got out of the shower. WE starred at each other for a second before he closed the distance between us to kiss me.

This was going to be the night Nick and I got back together.