Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Eleven

Sitting in her office, Megan realized half the day had passed her by and she still didn’t know what her decision was going to be. The worst part was Megan was to see Rupert after work, and that was only hours away.

Sitting at her computer in black dress slacks and a white buttoned down shirt Megan longed for more time to think; though she knew in the end it wouldn’t help. She still wouldn’t know what to do no matter how long she had to ponder.

Looking up at the clock a second time Megan found time going by faster than it felt. It was already time to go home, and with that thought Megan’s stomach began to feel uneasy.

------------------------------------------
Getting home after an unsettling car ride Megan exchanged her work clothes for something a bit more comfortable. She opted for blue jeans and a doors shirt that showed her tan shoulder off. Megan’s blonde long hair trailed off onto the other side.

Putting on some tan slip on shoes Megan heard her cellphone going off and quickly reached for it. It was a text from Mandy.

I’ve already made the plans; it’s going to be a double date.
Meet at Macs grill, you know the place.


It was only suiting that Mandy would pick a bar for a double date. She always liked the simple lounging more than dancing at any club. The sick feeling in Megan’s stomach subsided some, knowing her best friend would be there with her tonight helped.

Entering the bar Megan looked around for Mandy and the others. Macs grill looked like any other bar, with a casual set up and a rough manly feel to it. It had a small stage that local groups played on, a section to eat your dinner and of course a bar.

Catching a familiar color red at the side of her eye, Megan looked over to see Rupert, Mandy, and Mandy’s friend Ted sitting at a booth. She slowly walked over, trying to calm herself along the way.

“Hello love” called Rupert standing up and letting Megan scoot to the window seat of their table.

He looked more strapping than Megan remembered, which made this all the worse she thought. His smiling blue green eyes stared under his shaggy auburn hair at her. He looked too happy to break.

“Haven’t missed much, Mandy here has just been trying to convince me Nickelback is a good band” Rupert chuckled.

Any other time Megan would have went off on how much the band sucked, and how the lead singer had a soccer mom hair cut but tonight she had too much on her mind and so she smiled meekly.

“That is a good band friend, up there with kid rock” Ted laughed taking a drink of his miller light.

Mandy sighed at her hairy friends comment. She didn’t like having her favorite band compared to the horrible kid rock, Megan couldn’t help but genuinely smile at her best friend’s expense.

For a moment there it felt like everything was going to get better, but that suddenly faded when the bar owner came up on stage and announced the next singer.

“We have a celebrity hitting our stage tonight folks! You might have seen him in a film, but every once and again he’s one hell of a singer as well! Give it up for Jonathan Rhys Meyers!” Blared the bar owner before getting off stage to be replaced by the one and only blue eyed devil Megan had been with only the night before.

Megan felt like she was going to pass out. Looking over at Mandy for support she saw her best friend mouth “I’m sorry, I didn’t know”.

It would seem no one was ready for Meyers to be on stage.

…Been waiting for a dream to seep in through my blinds
I wondered what might happen if I left this all behind
Would the wind be at my back
Could I get you off my mind
This time…


Hearing the soft melody come from Meyers’s pouty lips, Megan almost found herself in lust once again but it was short lived when she could hear Rupert and the others commenting about the music.

“Why the flying fuck is this fairy music playing in my bar? Taste level is really going downhill” Ted grunted in agitation. He was not enjoying Meyers what so ever.

“Not the Artic Monkeys but still better than Nickelback” Rupert laughed jokingly for Mandy’s enjoyment.

Mandy faced shot a cold look at Rupert, like she was going to take her fork and stab at his pasty skin, but she swallowed her pride and gave a fake laugh.

“Yeah, he’s alright” was all Megan could figure out to say. She was only hoping Meyers couldn’t see her, or this would be one hell of a night for all of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
FYI I love Nickelback, and you can kiss my ass if you don't.
That said, shits going down again! Exciting stuff my friends.