Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Fifteen

Dressing casual in an orange floral print sundress Megan tucked her long blonde hair away in a bow. Some beige slip-ons finished the look off. She was too consumed on the thought of Kathryn to worry about primping too much.

Rushing back to the living room where Rupert and Mandy sat waiting for her Megan began to tell them her thoughts.

“It was Kathryn, the figure from last night! I just know it!” Megan exclaimed.

“Who’s Kathryn?” Mandy asked, confusion building behind her bright green eyes.

“That fan from last night? Couldn’t be, it’s always Tom that gets the crazy fans” Rupert replied back smirking.

“Yeah but she did basically threaten me while saying goodbye to you” Megan insisted.

“What the hell are you talking about? Do I have to kick a little fan girls ass?” Mandy replied in defense. Megan felt bad for any poor soul that messed with her; Mandy didn’t take lightly to such things and was also one to hold a grudge.

“Babe, it was just some teen obsessed with my character.” Rupert said. It was apparent his mind was made up that there was no figure from last night. “Anyways you too have fun at breakfast; I regrettably must leave for more business” he finished.

Kissing Rupert goodbye Megan turned back at Mandy for reassurance on the whole Kathryn thing, but didn’t find much.

“It was probably nothing. Even if it was her what is she going to do? Not shit” Mandy replied seeing the concern rising in Megan’s throat.

Leaving her apartment the two friends opted on walking, it was only a couple of blocks to their favorite breakfast spot after all. With the thought of Kathryn now out of Megan’s mind she enjoyed some usual gossip with her best friend until Mandy pointed something out.

“I think there’s been a sceenie weenie douchebag following us this whole time” Mandy chuckled not caring to much about it.

Her reference made Megan snicker; the two had always called scene kids by that name. Turning back her laughter began to fade, it was not just any person following them. Looking back at Mandy Megan began to talk lower.

“That’s the fan girl I was talking about” Megan replied.

Mandy looking back and forth from the girl and Megan fought back laughter. “You caught yourself a crazy, didn’t you?” Megan didn’t laugh though; she thought the whole idea was absurd.

I’m a grown ass woman, I won’t stand here and be threaten by an idiot teenager Megan thought before abruptly spinning around to face her stalker. Mandy had stopped too her mouth ajar waiting to see what would come next.

“Do we have a problem here? Why the fuck are you trailing behind me?” Megan growled at the fan girl.

Kathryn’s face begin forming a wicked smirk, she seemed unfazed by anything Megan was saying. Without answering Megan’s question Kathryn began to speak.

“You need to leave Rupert, He is going to be mine” Kathryn said coolly.

This little girl actually thought it sane to stand here and tell Megan to back off her own boyfriend. She had no remorse about her at all, and acted only on insane notions. It was very weird for Megan to say the least but here she was spitting out a comeback at the obsessed teen.

“Look I don’t have time for little teenage antics” Megan replied, finding the whole scenario stupid and wanting to finish it. Turning back Megan began walking again towards her destination, with Mandy close beside her.

“I did try to warn you” Kathryn called out to her. Megan did not look back. She wasn’t afraid of some little girl.

Sitting down and ordering breakfast the duo sat in silence bewildered from what had just gone on.

“So that was weird” Mandy finally broke the silence.

“Yeah but hopefully that was the last of it” Megan replied.

Nibbling at her pancakes there wasn’t much more conversation at the breakfast table until Mandy began to grown.

“The fuck is he doing here?! It’s like I’m a magnet towards dumbasses” Mandy grimaced looking out the window.

Following Mandy’s line of sight Megan watched as Meyers took long strides down the street, a 6 pack in hand.

Oh great more drama I don’t need….bring it on. Megan thought to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meyers, meyers, meyers when will you just leave us alone?