Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Sixteen

Trying to slip out unnoticed became more a task then the two had thought. Meyers had perched himself on the building adjacent to their breakfast hold out and seemed to be waiting on someone.

“Let’s just go, if he spots us we’ll just run for it” Mandy suggested getting antsy.

Realizing there wasn’t much of another choice Megan agreed, taking lead she opened the door and started down the sidewalk. Looking back to see if Meyers had seen them Megan realized it must have been them he was waiting for. He was now taking long strides towards them and catching up quickly.

“He’s coming walk faster” Megan pleaded Mandy wanting so badly to get out of this awkward situation.

“Bitch I have shorter legs than you. I’m going as fast as I can” Mandy insisted trying her best to keep up with her tan companion.

“Wait up” called the all but to familiar slurred Irish voice.

Mandy giving up on running away turned back to face him.
Oh shit… Megan thought turning around as well.

“For the love of god! Why are you still pestering her? Does no one else want to stare in that lazy eye of yours?” Mandy sneered.

“I’m about tired of you curly cue. Don’t think I couldn’t have beaten your janitor if he hadn’t caught me of guard” Meyers replied smugly.

Without much of a thought Mandy reached her arm around slapping the drunk across the face. His cheek began turning red with her hand print.

“I’ll look the other way about that, if Megan here will just take me back” Meyers said grimacing through the pain.

“ALRIGHT I’M GOIN-“ Mandy was interrupted.

“Look, I have someone. He’s what I want, not you. We had a one night stand, that’s it, now please leave me alone” Megan replied back to Meyers, tears forming in her eye lids.

With defeat in his bright blue eyes Meyers backed down. “I’ll let you ponder what I’ve said” He replied to Megan turning around and leaving, his beer still in hand.

“Are you okay” Mandy said concern building in her voice.

“Yeah, let’s just get back to my place” Megan replied, already embarrassed by the public fight that had ensued.

Reaching the inside of her flat the two sat down exhausted from the days mess. Turning on the television they flipped through the channels until landing on Mandy’s favorite “Game of Thrones” show. Day turning to night Mandy looked over at Megan with her curls bouncing while she moved.

“I have to leave you if that’s okay. I’m to have a special night with Ted” Mandy smiled at the thought of her bearded babe.

“Tin can special?” Megan replied. Picking on Mandy’s men gave her great satisfaction plus it wasn’t like Mandy didn’t do it back. Mandy only replied with a sour face.

It had only been an hour since Mandy left Megan’s apartment when a knock at the door sprang Megan out of the couch and from the television. This was one night she actually didn’t have plans, so who it might be puzzled Megan.

Opening her door Megan found no one to invite in. Leaning her head out her doorway Megan looked on either side of her hallway, it was vacant and strangely quiet. Taking one last look before closing the door Megan noticed a note lying neatly on the floor in front of her. Picking it up Megan read:

I overheard your talk with a certain man today.
Seems to me you did stuff with him, while with Rupert.
That’s called cheating Megan.
Wouldn’t want anyone important to find out
Love, Kat


Crumbling the note in her hand and slamming the door shut behind her Megan’s face grew hot with anger. She had never been this enraged. This girl Kathryn was meddling in things she shouldn’t and Megan wasn’t about to have her win, but how to stop her?
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't had any recent flare to finish this story. If you guys like reading it please do tell!