If I Love You, Why Do I Keep Getting Hurt?

so perfect

Frank’s P.O.V

So nothing can hide my split lip. Oh well, I have to go to Gerard’s now and tell him what happened but only if he asks. I grabbed my mobile and ipod and slipped them into my bag before opening the window and slipping out, climbing carefully down the drainpipe and running off to Gerard’s house. I’d been there a few times before, so I knew where I was going. After a few minutes I was knocking on the Way’s front door. Gerard opened it and smiled at me, before looking at my face properly and frowning. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by his mom coming to the door and shoving past him.

“Frankie dear, so glad ot see you again dear, how’s your mom?” Mrs. Way asked, a huge grin on her face.

“Oh she’s fine, and its great to see you again to Mrs. Way,” I said, and she shook her head.

“Please call me Donna,” she said, and I smiled, trying not to wince at the pain this simple gesture brought my lip.

“Alright Donna,” I said, and she smiled and ushered me into the house and through to the sitting room where I sat down next to Gerard. He linked hands with me and I smiled widely. Donna sat on the opposite couch and smiled at us.

“So Frankie, you’re with my Gerard, right?” she asked and my grin widened.

“Yeah I am, and I couldn’t be happier actually,” I said, as a hot liquid washed over my lips and dribbled down my chin.

“Frankie, your lips bleeding, what happened?” Gerard asked, cupping my face in his hands.

“Oh. that, please don’t get mad Gee,” I said, and he nodded.

“I could never be mad at you.” He said, and I saw Donna nod gently out of the corner of my eye.

“Well, my dad found out I was gay and hit me when I got home,” I said, looking down in my lap, ashamed that I was a grown man and still couldn’t protect myself from him.

“HE DID WHAT?” Gerard shouted, clenching his fists.

“Look now Gerard, calm down, Frankie can stay with us, of course,” Donna said, sensing Gerard’s sudden anger.

“Thanks Donna,” I said gratefully as Gerard breathed deeply, trying to calm down.

“Oh Frankie, I’m so sorry,” he said suddenly, his voice cracking.

“What for?” I asked him, puzzled at his apology.

“I didn’t protect you from Bert, and I didn’t protect you from your father, you’ve been hurt twice because of me,” he explained, and I gasped.

“No Gerard, its not your fault, and I wouldn’t have it any other way,” I said, and he smiled, kissing me gently on the cheek because my lips so sore.

“You two are perfect,” Donna gasped, and we looked over to see her with tears in her eyes and her hands clasped tightly together.

“I love you Frankie,” Gerard said quietly and I kissed him lightly on the lips, ignoring the pain.

“I love you too Gee, more than you know,’ I said, and he wrapped his arms around me.

“I’ll protect you from now on,” he whispered into my hair, and I believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so long. hope this is ok
comment if you want