If I Love You, Why Do I Keep Getting Hurt?

Angel, the sky's on fire

Frank’s P.O.V

Come on angel, don’t you cry. You mean so much to me. I love you, that’s right. You know I love you, have done for so long, but you still looked shocked every time I say it. I wish you knew how much you mean to me. I wish I never met you. Now you look so hurt angel, that’s not what I meant. If it wasn’t for me she’d still be here. Hurt flashes in your eyes, you know what I mean. I want you to hit me, to shout at me, because I feel it’s all my fault she’s gone. If you could speak, you’d shout at me, if you could move you’d hit me. The only reason I know you are still here is your eyes. Its true what they say about eyes, being windows into the soul. I see right into your soul now my angel, the broken wreckage of your heart, only kept beating by a huge machine that forces you to deal with your pain. I know how you see me angel. As a blessing and a curse. Don’t deny it, I’m not upset. The fact that you’re even allowing me to be here is enough for me. I know no one has said it properly to you, so I will, and I know it’ll hurt you so bad, but I want you to hurt, it’s the only way you could ever move on. I hope somehow I can force a reaction out of you, pray that I can make you talk, wish that I can make my angel walk again with harsh words. That won’t work though.

“Gerard, I love you,” I start, and you blink. My heart tears slightly, because I know you want to say something.

“Do you love me too?” I ask him and he nods his head ever so slightly, wincing at the pain.

“Your neck is still healing love, be careful,” I said, caressing his cheek ever so slightly. “You mean the world to me Gerard, and I’m so sorry about all of this.” I said, my voice breaking into fresh reams of incoherent sobbing.

“Do you remember what happened Gerard, do you remember anything?” I asked him. He shook his head ever so slightly, and I bowed my head.

“The accident, was really bad. Your mum, she didn’t make it. She went through the windshield and died, I don’t want to go into that. You were sent away when the car exploded, and your legs were crushed. I was the least hurt, my arm is broken but that’s all.” I finished and I sobbed as a few tears rolled down Gerard’s cheeks.

“I-I’m the reason this happened, we were in the car because of me, I can’t live with that if you hate me Gee,” I said and his eyes widened, his mouth gaping open.

“If you blame me blink three times, if you don’t blink five times,” I said, praying he wouldn’t blink three times.

Gerard blinked, blinked again, blinked again…
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this is late x