If I Love You, Why Do I Keep Getting Hurt?

So close to the truth

“It’s ok, I get it, I was rude to you last night, and you were only trying to help.”

“Yeah I was, I really want to know what you wanted to tell me gee, I care about you.”

“You do?”

“Of course I do, you’re my best friend.” I said, smiling at him reassuringly. I probably imagined it, but I thought he looked hurt.

“Yeah, just friends,” he sighed, looking away from me. OK, that was weird. Did he like me or something? They way he acted just then I think he might.

“You don’t seem to happy about us being friends,” I said, desperately hoping he would say otherwise.

“Well, I’m not, I want to, Frankie…” Then he was cut off by the van door opening and being slammed, and Bert’s angry voice coming form the other room. Gerard’s eyes widened and he leapt up, throwing some clothes on and going over to sit on his bunk. I sighed, I know he was going to tell me he liked me, I just knew it. I guess I’ll wait for him to get the chance to tell me in person though, later on.

Gerard’s P.O.V

“Frankie…” I said, hesitating. I wanted to tell him I loved him so much it hurt, that I thought about him all the time and couldn’t live without him. Instead Bert decides to walk into the van, and I leaped up out of Frankie’s bunk, ignoring the hangover pains that hit me, threatening to make me throw up. I glanced back at Frankie and he was sitting there, staring at the space on the bed where I had just been. I looked closely at his eyes, and saw he was close to tears. He probably worked out what I was going to say and is upset that he will have to push away his friend because he doesn’t feel that way about me.

“Where is he? I need to see him, right now,” Bert shouted from somewhere else. I sighed, better go out and see him before he hurts my friends. I definitely had to end it, whether I could be with Frank or not.

“Hey Bert,” I said, padding out to see him, leaving frank alone in the bedroom.

“Gee bear,” he cooed, rushing over and wrapping his arms around me. He pressed his lips to mine, and I had to try very hard not to be sick.

“What’s the matter?’ he asked, worry in his eyes. I did feel a little guilty about this, but it had to be done.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so it's been a while, and this is REALLY short, but the next one will be better, i promise.
XXX